News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

corran horn

I'm pretty sure the only reason it exists is for smokers to have a spot to get their fix. I doubt the cast even go out there, other than the cleaning staff.
I think it's funny that on the speculation thread many many many pages back there were people asking "where are you going to smoke?" and now that people are going it's "nobody seems to go there".

I will say, I saw something where there is a task to be performed in this area for a particular storyline. I could have misinterpreted though.

BubbaisSleep

I will say, I saw something where there is a task to be performed in this area for a particular storyline. I could have misinterpreted though.
While I haven’t read anything, there is a small clip of someone moving one of the rocks outside with the force. So it’s for sure a story element in there. I think it was in their official promo.

Sailor310

I think it's funny that on the speculation thread many many many pages back there were people asking "where are you going to smoke?" and now that people are going it's "nobody seems to go there".

I'm too lazy to look it up but I saw a video of a CM doing training in the force in 'the climate simulator'. The rock formation must have electric magnets. As the person 'learns to use the force', he can cause piles of rocks to fall over or a particular rock to slide toward him. There must be someone hidden with a remote control for the magnets hidden in the rock piles.

Cousin Huet

Has anyone reported running into the issue of having ROTR down during their time on the Starcruiser? Despite this already being highway robbery, if the advantage of riding that without jumping through hoops disappeared then it’s just another factor in this being overpriced.

I still say this version last under 5 years as there is zero repeat allure for those that bite the bullet to begin with. This will be changed into some kind of slightly less overpriced deluxe resort without all the actors and stuff eventually.

Buried20KLeague

I posted a paying guest review the other day on here by a couple where the husband says he's saving already to do it again as soon as possible. His wife said she had a blast but that she thought it overpriced for what she got from it and she wouldn't do it again for that price.

Resort TV (who were comped a stay at the media event) said that they loved it so much that they were going to start saving to pay for a stay as soon as they can afford it. I'm not sure that's a cut and dry win though as they're vloggers so they may make money from their vlog being watched when they return? I've no idea what they make from youtube so I suppose it's difficult to judge whether them paying $5,000 will generate them more in return or an amount that will make the trip considerably more affordable or not? However 2 from about 12 reviews I've watched have said they'd return. Early days yet though to be fair.

Anybody that reviews travel as a means of income can write of the stay as a business expense, and they’re going to monetize it via ad revenue and possibly other ways after the fact. Of COURSE we’ll see tons of vloggers do this multiple times.

tiger04

It seems no one has any comments or use for the climate simulator as it's not mentioned in any review.
View attachment 626414
As others have mentioned, on my trip we had an experience with the force in the climate simulator (and we were not on the force “track”, we just wandered in after the Batuu excursion and just started chatting with a Saha there).

We were also staged there in groups before the Batuu excursion where we received our pins, which was probably to ease the congestion in the hall (the lightsaber training, climate simulator, and transport were all in the same hallway so it got crowded at certain times!)

flutas

So the reason for these corp devices vs personal is actually in the images there.

They were using a "hot off the developer machines" version of the Play Disney app.

v2.16.9 which is shown there was never publicly available. v2.16 came out "2 weeks ago" (wish I could just get a date apple) Feb 18 (thanks @gerarar!) and then v2.16.10 was published March 8th.

This tells me, that something was rushed or broken and this was their solution to get guests access to the fixed version before Apple approved the new update.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
So the reason for these corp devices vs personal is actually in the images there.

They were using a "hot off the developer machines" version of the Play Disney app.

v2.16.9 which is shown there was never publicly available. v2.16 came out "2 weeks ago" (wish i could just get a date apple) and then v2.16.10 was published 4 days ago.

This tells me, that something was rushed or broken and this was their solution to get guests access to the fixed version before Apple approved the new update.
Doesn't this show when each version was released?

2.16.0 was released Feb 18, as well 2.16.10 on March 8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom