News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Great summary.

I'm floored they would have you work towards a final meeting as part of the story and not be able to accommodate everyone. Clearly some tweaking to be done.

One of the issues people have raised is a small percentage of guests monopolizing characters. Do you think this is why you didn't get as much interaction as you would have liked and how do you think they should address it?
From what I could tell, there are two parts to the monopolization issue. First, the characters clearly tap some folks for roles, which could happen for a variety of reasons. Second, there are some very eager folks who push their way to the front. Some of them are kids, and I can't get mad at a 10 year old who is super excited and utterly unaware of other people. But the handful of adults who did the same thing were clearly in the "I'm going to make this my personal cruise and everyone else can suck it" mode, and that's sad. But honestly, it didn't seem like that big of an issue. That, of course, is going to be very cruise-specific.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From what I could tell, there are two parts to the monopolization issue. First, the characters clearly tap some folks for roles, which could happen for a variety of reasons. Second, there are some very eager folks who push their way to the front. Some of them are kids, and I can't get mad at a 10 year old who is super excited and utterly unaware of other people. But the handful of adults who did the same thing were clearly in the "I'm going to make this my personal cruise and everyone else can suck it" mode, and that's sad. But honestly, it didn't seem like that big of an issue. That, of course, is going to be very cruise-specific.
They need to add furniture that the NPCs can step up on and be seen by everyone. Bench type seating attached to an an architectural pylon would all them to step up and remain out of sight of others.

TrojanUSC

1. Mask Policy. The only time we had to wear masks was on the transport between the Halcyon and Batuu. Which makes no sense (not political, don't @ me): there were 8 of us with plenty of space (I'm punny, what can I say), as opposed to the other times when we are in close quarters unmasked with the same people. Just strange.

Not Disney's rule. Transportation is governed by DOT rules, which currently require masks on all public transportation. At Disney this encompasses busses, monorails, Skyliner and white box trucks.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

1646936911683.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
OMG

He was on my cruise. He live-narrated for 45 straight hours (well, perhaps not while he slept, but I wouldn't know). I don't know how he ate because he never stopped talking. You know who else does that? My 7 year old.
His video is all over the place, too, so, I can see that happening.

His video tl;dw... He loved it. If you can't afford it, hock your stuff on Craig's list. Confirmed that aside from the main NPC CMs, there are also NPC CMs that appear to just be guests who are monitoring the situation and will help guests moving their stories forward. Also, four story tracks: Force, Resistance, First Order, Smuggler (rogue).

Purduevian

Also, four story tracks: Force, Resistance, First Order, Smuggler (rogue).
As someone that loves this idea, but will probably never shell out the money to actually do it. I would love to see someone try to show a walk through of each 4 of the paths. How to start, key missions, skippable missions, ect. It would probably take a group of 4 people at least 2-3 cruises to figure a lot of it out.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
His video is all over the place, too, so, I can see that happening.

His video tl;dw... He loved it. If you can't afford it, hock your stuff on Craig's list. Confirmed that aside from the main NPC CMs, there are also NPC CMs that appear to just be guests who are monitoring the situation and will help guests moving their stories forward. Also, four story tracks: Force, Resistance, First Order, Smuggler (rogue).
I'm not surprised he liked it - it sure sounded like it from his self-narration.

And interesting that the Force/Resistance were separate tracks - that makes my percentage breakdown make sense, as I just combined the two. My buddy and I were Smuggler, which was a lot of fun.

If you're looking for the best way to get personal interaction and don't care about your soul, choose First Order - the fewest people, so you get the best chance to stand out.

lentesta

Premium Member
As promised on the original thread and earlier this morning, here is my version of a review as I sit at the airport on the way home. It's lengthy, it's honest, and it's as spoiler-free as I can make it. (I mention experiences that are public knowledge based on sample itineraries, so if that's too much for you, look away.) AMA, as the redditors say, but if it would involve anything spoilery, please send me a private message.

2. The Drinks. Some are pre-mixed, but not as sweet as Oga's. They also have liquor you can order off-menu. The Fiery Mustafarian ($35, but you get a take-home glass), which is their play on a spicy margarita, was my favorite. Pro-tip if you like heat - ask for a second vial of lava.

Great review. And impressive amount of heat tolerance there, @HoustonHorn.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
It seems no one has any comments or use for the climate simulator as it's not mentioned in any review.
View attachment 626414
The Walrus Carp video above mentions one of his companions using it.

Most of the mentions have come from the media cruise.

It's used during the Force arc. There's a Whill out there sometimes showing you how to move the rocks with the Force.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom