News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

Sailor310

I'd imagine there are many opportunities to ensure this doesn't happen before they trigger the effect. The CMs are usually very good at making sure people are in the proper position for effects to work (the Yoda holocron in the lightsaber training room being one example).

Also, the TikTok's taken at a very low angle; as the Laughing Place video shows, the actual tableau is below waist height for lots of folks, so perhaps the only people who'd have the effect spoiled for them are rambunctious kids who didn't listen to a CM.
Oh,oh I finally saw it. The mechanism pushing the big stacks of rocks over. The CM doing this is SOOO cute! There are three other CMs in the background. I don't see them doing much with their hands. The lead CM puts her left hand in her pocket anytime something happens.

Disstevefan1

But where are the "Real" reviews?
I would like to post a link here but it would be deleted. But the other site run by Tom C, who is paying for his trips, has fair reviews, for all the haters, Tom's reviews do slant positive but that could be because its not all bad perhaps?

On the other hand, although Tom is paying for his trips they are absolutely written off as a business expense, its not "his personal after tax savings or his personal CC paying for this, so that has to slant his review somewhat.

Also, do Disney fans really want this to fail? I say no, but then again, there was the NBA experience we all knew was garbage and we all knew it was going to fail, and I was kinda rooting for its failure because I really wanted Disney Quest 2.0 but there.

Hawg G

Tom's bottom line, if the money is not an issue, it's worth it. Thats fair.

Maybe fair, but completely worthless as a review.

AKL Savannah view suites, V&As, Presidential Suite on a Disney Cruise, and a personal plaid for your visit are all VERY worth it, if you are a multimillionaire. But are ANY worth it for a family with limited income and savings? That’s a completely different question.

To me, that is the honest review. Someone who had to give up something else to stay on the cruiser. Are THEY happy they did it?

Star Wars has been a massive part of my life since 1977. I make a comfortable living, and have no problems splurging for cool things. But this seems like a Star Wars themed Great Wolf Lodge without the water park. I’ve tried to avoid spoiler mostly but it seems to have some puzzles to solve in some areas, which is neat if you do those things alone. And some folks have good interactions. But it seems to be exactly as Izvestia always felt there is no way EVERYONE can get a personal experience with the actors, and private time to solve the puzzles.

And the fact that there isn’t enough room for everyone to see some of the major “events”. Just blows my mind.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

AKL Savannah view suites, V&As, Presidential Suite on a Disney Cruise, and a personal plaid for your visit are all VERY worth it, if you are a multimillionaire. But are ANY worth it for a family with limited income and savings? That’s a completely different question.

To me, that is the honest review. Someone who had to give up something else to stay on the cruiser. Are THEY happy they did it?

Star Wars has been a massive part of my life since 1977. I make a comfortable living, and have no problems splurging for cool things. But this seems like a Star Wars themed Great Wolf Lodge without the water park. I’ve tried to avoid spoiler mostly but it seems to have some puzzles to solve in some areas, which is neat if you do those things alone. And some folks have good interactions. But it seems to be exactly as Izvestia always felt there is no way EVERYONE can get a personal experience with the actors, and private time to solve the puzzles.

And the fact that there isn’t enough room for everyone to see some of the major “events”. Just blows my mind.
If you have no problems splurging for cool things and you are a Star Wars fan since 1977, this is probably for you.
To clarify Toms view, if its a challenge to get the money, or if this money is a significant issue, then it's not for that person or family.

UPDATE - This site deletes/blocks links and/or YouTubes from Toms site, but he and his team had literal hours of detailed coverage on YouTube and a load of articles and photos on his site.

The bottom line is that folks need to look at all the information out there and there A LOT out there, then decide for themselves if its worth it to you. Again, there is no lack of detailed info out there for sure..

Last edited:

kingdead

I feel that at this point it's less about your attachment to Star Wars than your personality. If you're the kind of person who likes participatory theater or escape rooms, you're going to like this--if you're shy, easily disappointed by not having "every experience" possible, or like taking breaks to recharge, this is not for you.

waltography

Thanks for keeping up with all the feedback @MisterPenguin, I really appreciate it. Major kudos to all the CMs and actors who are truly killing it.

It seems like people are on the whole raving about the experience once on the Halcyon, but everything leading up to it (booking, making arrangements, arrival, etc.) is a mess, which is an unfortunate first impression to make on something that costs this much.

gerarar

Premium Member
Here is a review from Rebelscum.com. It sounds like they enjoyed it.

Interesting quote in their closing paragraph:

There’s been lots of bad PR as we all know. The rushed promo videos and poor marketing do not capture the true experience. Upon departure, a cast member confirmed the suspicion I had that the PR efforts were done very last minute and it has hurt them.

Disstevefan1

Interesting quote in their closing paragraph:

There’s been lots of bad PR as we all know. The rushed promo videos and poor marketing do not capture the true experience. Upon departure, a cast member confirmed the suspicion I had that the PR efforts were done very last minute and it has hurt them.
Well there is now TONS of information out there; hours and hours of YouTube, many, many articles written. It's now up to folks to decide for themselves if they want to do it or not.

The Galactic Starcruiser does have that high priced exclusivity Disney loves to create to make folks feel inferior if they do not do something thereby creating a demand for it.

My hope is that Disney does not do what it always does; start to make cuts for cost savings. If they keep the quality, they can continue this until they decide its not "making enough" money to keep it going..

Hawg G

I given them till the end of the fiscal year. If they don't make expectations there will be cuts.
Werr still in the honeymoon phase. Every single review has been someone who paid nothing, or were willing to pay 6 grand on two days of promises by Disney.

Hardly what I would describe as "normal" folk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom