News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Guest reports from March 1 2022

mergatroid

What a quiet thread. Considering all those who couldn't wait for paying guests to report this 'embarrassment', they're absence is rather conspicuous?

speechless-firefly.gif

ToTBellHop

I have some friends who are far wealthier than me who did this and said it was incredible but not worth the money.

I think I will give it a shot once there are DVC discounts in a couple years. I’d rather wait until my kids are a bit older, anyway.

Now, if Universal does this with Harry Potter? I’d pay $10k. The kids don’t need to go to college, anyway. “We don’t have to make money. We’re making memories!”

1646417494889.png

mergatroid

Another food review. Again not sure how a guy who's not tasted the food feels qualified to tell people what's good or bad? He shows pictures of all the food options really well which is great. His review of the food is strange though as he's not tasted it and revolves around "That LOOKS good/bad", "I don't like avocados, so bad" and "ONE of the people who tried this said she didn't like it"

Hmmmmmm ...........

yensidtlaw1969

I dare anyone to watch her content free for two days and not say they'd rather plop down 5K for the Starcruiser.
The industry of hate is fascinating, gross, and can't be healthy to just stew in that kind of mindset.
I'm not sure I understand this mentality that anyone with a negative opinion is "stewing in that kind of mindset". Are there not things in your life for which your dislike is merely firm, and also healthy?

Do you really expect that people are walking away from their computer screen and continuing to fume for hours on end? Is that what you do? Or do you merely share your negative opinion when it's relevant, defend it when it feels appropriate, and then go on to live an at least semi-productive life largely unaffected by that discourse?

I have some strongly-held opinions about things I care about, and not all of them are good, and many of them can be found on this board. But I know which side of the above fence I'm on, and assume most people generally operate at least somewhat similarly in that regard.

TrojanUSC

Fwiw I had two friends go this week and both said the food & SWGE were the weak points. The food was bad enough to where multiple parties ordered delivery (love the idea of someone carrying Dominos through the Starcruiser lobby). Mid-day at SWGE just totally broke the immersion for them - they all wished Disney had taken them at park open to be the first to ride so it felt a bit more "exclusive" and part of the story.

sedati

I'm not sure I understand this mentality that anyone with a negative opinion is "stewing in that kind of mindset". Are there not things in your life for which your dislike is merely firm, and also healthy?

Do you really expect that people are walking away from their computer screen and continuing to fume for hours on end? Is that what you do? Or do you merely share your negative opinion when it's relevant, defend it when it feels appropriate, and then go on to live an at least semi-productive life largely unaffected by that discourse?

I have some strongly-held opinions about things I care about, and not all of them are good, and many of them can be found on this board. But I know which side of the above fence I'm on, and assume most people generally operate at least somewhat similarly in that regard.
I do not equate a lone negative opinion with stewing. You seem to possess a very balanced and mindful approach to dealing with negativity and I strive to do similar.

But did you visit the channel in question? My comment wasn't about a single video. And it's one thing for the person who's making money off endless rage and mockery (which may not even be genuine) but there are people giving them views and support- people who derive pleasure from watching this woman who accused Zach Snyder of causing his daughters suicide and care to know her second-hand thoughts on the Starcruiser. Elsewhere I've posted screen-caps of the insane output of similar screed merchants. If you put out literally hundreds of negative videos on a single subject I'd say you are stewing in a mindset- same if you watch them all.

I also hope most do not fume endlessly in their free time, but there are people here who post all day every day to bring up the same points- points that may have some relevance, but lose all clarity upon the literal thousandth rehash. Some honestly don't seem to ever walk away from their screens. Might do them good- touch some grass as the kids say. But we all have different concepts of fun or time well spent. As I said, I'd rather spend thousands on the Starcruiser and hopefully have a good time than watch that heinous person's "content."

Last edited:

_caleb

It’s not “anyone with a negative opinion” that’s unhealthy. It’s the wave of uninformed, knee-jerk, hot takes based on opinions and debunked rumors that I find annoying. Seriously, just go to YouTube and search “Galactic Starcruiser.” Or go to the Starcruiser thread on the Disneyland boards here on WDWMagic.

I would love to talk to people who understand the Starcruiser concept bit have differing opinions. But I’m not interested in people who thinks it's an “epic design flaw“ that guests are not allowed to visit Epcot if they want to during their stay.

I‘ve said all along: there are legitimate reasons to dislike the Starcruiser. It’s certainly not for everyone. And the concept is not like most other Disney vacation options, so people need a new category in order to understand it. In my opinion, Disney has failed to provide this to its audiences.

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
Also be nice to see someone comment on what the First Order story is like on board. Not one of the vloggers I've seen did them and I only saw resistance stuff. Only heard that storyline mentioned.

I did some of the First Order stuff on Day 1. What I did was a lot of the basic "explore the ship" background stuff.

There's a polarizing event at the end of Day 1 that's essentially your indicator that you need to pick sides for Day 2. I chose the Resistance. I think that you have to be Resistance (and do several other things) to see the Yoda hologram on Day 2.

Some (many?) of the people who sided with the First Order throughout the voyage got a special shout-out from Lt. Croy during his big speech at the end. There was one kid - I think her name was Elizabeth - and Croy did a line at the end of his big speech like "ELIZABETH!!! I SHALL NEVER FORGET YOUR LOYALTY!!"

lentesta

Premium Member
I would love to talk to people who understand the Starcruiser concept bit have differing opinions. But I’m not interested in people who can’t get over the “epic design flaw“ that guests are not allowed to visit Epcot if they want to during their stay.

There's just no time to visit EPCOT during the stay. Every single minute is filled with game play. And you wouldn't want to any other way - two days is just barely on the right side of exhausting. Three days isn't feasible, and I wouldn't want to do it for that long. And one day isn't enough time to do it.

The first day really starts at check-in, and goes for like 9 straight hours.

The only real downtime I had on Day 2 was about 45 minutes during the Batuu session, where I managed to bop over to Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams, for some character selfies for the rest of my on-ship story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom