News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

doctornick

I can SORT OF understand why the Halcyon hasn't shown up in the Mando or the movies - but Batuu?! Not even a discussion of such? Mandalorian or the Book of Boba Fett should've been based on Batuu.
It’s been mentioned a few times in the mainstream media (I want to say in Solo and in an episode of The Mandalorian) but I too am shocked there hasn’t been something taking place on Batuu already.

GimpYancIent

Any confirmation yet on if the RED ALERT STORY MOMENT INBOUND!!!!! alarm is in the rooms of the hotel etc.?

Also, tomorrow (the 1st) is the day 'real' guests arrive correct?
1646110364566.png

Figments Friend

Here's the Crown of Corellia Dining Room set for luncheon service. Is it me, or do all the Galactic Starcruiser CM's wear that same dental hygienist uniform? Front desk check-in CM's, dance lesson CM's, cocktail lounge CM's, Space Bingo number caller CM's, dining room waiter CM's, etc., etc.

That seems weird. And very cheap. Especially because the only uniform they have is frumpy and lumpy and cheap.

2022-wdw-star-wars-hotel-galactic-starcruiser-media-preview-crown-of-corellia-dining-room-atmosphere-6.jpg

P.S. Don't think I'm not appalled that there are no table linens and no tabletop accesories or jewelry. This looks flat and unimpressive. Is this steerage class? How do I upgrade to the real dining room?

This looks like a shopping mall food court.

😑

-

ChrisFL

Premium Member
All they really need to do is upgrade the seating and overall change the lighting a bit to make it feel more upscale (but not too dark)....I tried to do that below

Also, I think what would help is some more things in motion on that top lighting structure...so at least when you're there in person it would look more special. ...like all of those things rotating around would look cool (reminds me of some things in Final Fantasy X if anyone remembers that)

-atmosphere-6.jpg

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Interesting that now the press headlines and soundbites are pretty negative for this thing. I feel like it's on a see saw - it's lousy, it's great, it's a prison, it's fun if you like putting effort into it, etc. Next round with paying guests should be pretty telling and interesting.
What I have been seeing is that if you are fully immersed in the experience, that you get a lot more for your money. If you just want to watch, then it is a waste of both time and money. The experience is really up to the individual or family.

drizgirl

Interesting that now the press headlines and soundbites are pretty negative for this thing. I feel like it's on a see saw - it's lousy, it's great, it's a prison, it's fun if you like putting effort into it, etc. Next round with paying guests should be pretty telling and interesting.
At that price point, you shouldn't be required to put out that much effort.

cindy_k

What I have been seeing is that if you are fully immersed in the experience, that you get a lot more for your money. If you just want to watch, then it is a waste of both time and money. The experience is really up to the individual or family.
This is the impression I got. I think the bingo and dance lessons are attempts to give those ,who don't want to run around doing missions, something to do. I think that it is probably not enough. I think my son (28) and his girlfriend would have a lot of fun doing this, they are gamers and like escape rooms.
It looks like a lot of running around, definitely not a restful cruise, but a high active adventure. If you don't play the game, you are left sitting on the side bored.

durangojim

Right. The other thing I wonder about is that during the promo cruises it did not seem that the "ship" was up to capacity in terms of guests. There are a limited number of characters to interact with which makes me wonder if the majority of guests will not have personal experiences with them but rather most of the interaction will be through the data pads which would be a disappointment if I was dropping 5K or more for this. I'm looking to the reviews later in the week.

GimpYancIent

This is the impression I got. I think the bingo and dance lessons are attempts to give those ,who don't want to run around doing missions, something to do. I think that it is probably not enough. I think my son (28) and his girlfriend would have a lot of fun doing this, they are gamers and like escape rooms.
It looks like a lot of running around, definitely not a restful cruise, but a high active adventure. If you don't play the game, you are left sitting on the side bored.
OR spend more time in the cantina!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom