News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Right. The other thing I wonder about is that during the promo cruises it did not seem that the "ship" was up to capacity in terms of guests. There are a limited number of characters to interact with which makes me wonder if the majority of guests will not have personal experiences with them but rather most of the interaction will be through the data pads which would be a disappointment if I was dropping 5K or more for this. I'm looking to the reviews later in the week.
Did you see the picture with all of the cast members that work there? I don't think interactions with live people will be an issue.

1646143124708.png

correcaminos

Did you see the picture with all of the cast members that work there? I don't think interactions with live people will be an issue.

View attachment 624755
Total number of CMs hired doesn't translate to number of CMs acting parts.

I'm waiting a few more weeks to even a month for reviews myself. I really want an average, not those who plunked down to be first in line just to say they were.

My friend and I were chatting. We both feel meh still. Both were looking for a more mature experience. But the next month could sway us.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Modern Disney does not fail. Projects are either a success or never brought up again unless they can be monetized for nostalgia purposes.
This thread should be closed after this one 👍🏻
Is there anything MAJOR stopping Disney from trying to reboot/retheme SW:GE as an OT-themed land with Han, Chewie, Luke, Vader, etc. walking around after Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill pass?
Yes…hubris and a lack of understanding of the appeal of their own property.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Total number of CMs hired doesn't translate to number of CMs acting parts.

I'm waiting a few more weeks to even a month for reviews myself. I really want an average, not those who plunked down to be first in line just to say they were.

My friend and I were chatting. We both feel meh still. Both were looking for a more mature experience. But the next month could sway us.
Here, here…

My personal take as of today is this is better than I would have expected…but will never be worth the price of what they are offering as it stands.

But I don’t need to hear “disaster!” On a forum before it opens (the PR had been…but that isn’t an end all) or “it’s amazing magical experiency!!” From those that crawled over each over to get their first…they’d buy a figment bucket if it was filled with poop instead of popcorn.

Neither of those opinions are grounded…life is the “mean”…the grey area in the middle averaged out over time.

correcaminos

Here, here…

My personal take as of today is this is better than I would have expected…but will never be worth the price of what they are offering as it stands.

But I don’t need to hear “disaster!” On a forum before it opens (the PR had been…but that isn’t an end all) or “it’s amazing magical experiency!!” From those that crawled over each over to get their first…they’d buy a figment bucket if it was filled with poop instead of popcorn.

Neither of those opinions are grounded…life is the “mean”…the grey area in the middle averaged out over time.
Very well said. Just because I don't have a desire to go doesn't mean it is a disaster. It's just not what I had hoped or expected. Though the dining room really is kind of blah to me and the rooms do reek of 5th element. I can push past some things but not all. It's not a disaster, but I don't think I'm the intended audience.

My friend is giving me a list of 5 things to pick up from GE when I am there in 2 weeks. Short for them is their money is better spent elsewhere on things that really do appeal and to them, feel like SW.

I also will say I dislike any reviewer who states that if you don't have fun it's on you. Um, no. That's rather unfair. Not all of us want to work to make our vacation that amazing. Some of us like to see where things take us. I'll give it time of course and I know there is an audience for this. How long? That's always been my question.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I also will say I dislike any reviewer who states that if you don't have fun it's on you. Um, no. That's rather unfair. Not all of us want to work to make our vacation that amazing. Some of us like to see where things take us

It's true though. This isn't a passive experience. To goto something like this and expect passive is like signing up for the Gym and then complaining someone expects you to actually exercise. The thing is an immersive hands on theatre show. If you sit back and cross your arms about everything you see.. yes, that's on you. If you want to focus on the guy as someone in a costume instead of playing along, yes, that's on you. No one can force you to let go and play along - someone has to let themselves do so.

The show clearly has plenty of guide rails and pushes/pokes along the way. It's not like someone needs to do homework to get ready, or is expected to meet quotas to get something out of the experience. But if you don't let yourself go, if you don't play along, then yes, you will have a lesser experience and that person needs to own most of that.

_caleb

This is the impression I got. I think the bingo and dance lessons are attempts to give those ,who don't want to run around doing missions, something to do. I think that it is probably not enough. I think my son (28) and his girlfriend would have a lot of fun doing this, they are gamers and like escape rooms.
It looks like a lot of running around, definitely not a restful cruise, but a high active adventure. If you don't play the game, you are left sitting on the side bored.
No. The “bingo” and “dance lessons“–and even the lightsaber training—are just in-story excuses to pull guests into the locations where they will interact with elements of the show.

It is not a “restful cruise,“ and was never meant to be. If you don’t play the game, why would you pay all that money to play the game?

mergatroid

At that price point, you shouldn't be required to put out that much effort.
It depends on the event really. For instance if you pay a lot to go to see a concert, all you're required to do is listen and enjoy. You can dance a bit to enhance that enjoyment, but overall you're going with the understanding that you don't have to do anything to get pleasure from it.

This experience is sold with the understanding that it's a Star Wars role play event. I get to some that's a bit vague and I get some may think 'Star Wars' and make the assumption that any Star Wars fan will enjoy this on the Star Wars basis alone. However a few minutes research will have you figuring out that to get the most value from this, that you probably need to attempt to join in a bit. I'd imagine that most shelling out $5,000 + would do that 'research' before booking. I'm sure Disney's happy to take anyone's money whether it's for them or not, but this experience has been designed as something that involves you joining in to some degree to get the most from. I don't think that's ever been a secret though some may fail to realise that if they don't look into it before booking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom