News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Tha Realest

Maybe you are but I think most of us are going to take the intel from the guy who's been running this site for more than 20 years with an impeccable track record over your word on it - sorry.
The ever present buzzing sound you hear in the Galactic Starcruiser is generated from WDW servers war-gaming scenarios where this experience is repurposed within the next 12-18 months in a way that doesn’t mess up the accounting and projections.

UNCgolf

What do they do with all those empty rooms? Though, if the direction towards gambling is any indication maybe they’ll just rent them out by the hour.

I think they could just shutter them and still make money from the restaurant/bar and people paying for the lightsaber training and other activities. Or they could probably just demolish them all and replace them with another restaurant or event/play spaces.

Of course that wouldn't be ideal, and that's why I think they're more likely to cut room prices long-term (probably along with a corresponding cut in the overall experience).

MrPromey

The window in the guest room does seem smaller than I'd imagined. The materials they used do not seem very Starwarsy. But I still think it could be fun.

I'm not sure why, but I really hoped all the Star Wars bathrooms/refreshers (on the Starcruiser and in SW:GE) would be custom-designed rather than the usual white porcelain toilets and chrome faucets. Like, for some reason, that's an indicator to me about how committed they were to the whole immersion idea.
I think in on Pandora, they use these or something similar:

UW-1412-WO-FA.png

They also use something very similar in central Florida rest stops so if you've been to one, I guess that could mess with the illusion a bit but either way, it's not custom but it's also not white porcelain. 🤷‍♂️

mightynine

I think they could just shutter them and still make money from the restaurant/bar and people paying for the lightsaber training and other activities. Or they could probably just demolish them all and replace them with another restaurant or event/play spaces.

Of course that wouldn't be ideal, and that's why I think they're more likely to cut room prices long-term (probably along with a corresponding cut in the overall experience).
Maybe a Star Wars B&B experience? Overnight stay with a character breakfast?

jinx8402

I mean we saw Josh playing lightsaber, and it was a WOW moment alright. Like, "wow that looks awful. I can't believe they showed this."
The lightsaber training isn't the interactive part though. That is just an activity.

For example, it you watch that ign video posted in the last few days:
The first order is looking for Chewbacca. A resistance member asks you to create a diversion so chewie can get away. You have a choice to be that diversion or you could even betray the resistance and work for the first order and sabotage that effort. And depending on how you make choices will change how the story goes.
Which, gets us into the LARP aspect even if there is no "game" being played. Some actions that are taken and choices made by some people could change how events unfold for everyone one else, even if they aren't playing.

correcaminos

The lightsaber training isn't the interactive part though. That is just an activity.

The first order is looking for Chewbacca. A resistance member asks you to create a diversion so chewie can get away. You have a choice to be that diversion or you could even betray the resistance and work for the first order and sabotage that effort. And depending on how you make choices will change how the story goes.
Which, gets us into the LARP aspect even if there is no "game" being played. Some actions that are taken and choices made by some people could change how events unfold for everyone one else, even if they aren't playing.
Really that's a choose your own adventure or like a dinner show. Am I the only one who read those books as a kid? I'm thinking it's exactly like that though enough people will choose to do the "right thing" which will be what ends up for all in the end anyway. Let's be real here, the end result will not be altered enough by just one action as you'll head back in 2 days no matter what. Just what you see while there might be varied much like those books or a dinner show.

waltography

new merchandise:

Mug looks cool. GS-specific legacy saber.
I love the look of that mug. I'll wait until they start showing up in Batuu to buy one.

Hawg G

Yup, and that choice will come down to ONE kid on the ship. They sure wouldn't have Chewie do the same small scene with 20 people.

Last edited:

So Over It

As the nuclear annihilation of humanity approaches as WWIII begins this weekend, I want my last words to be: "How could that blogger ignore how awful those shiny buttons are? They aren't even canon!"
You know we live in strange times when the thought rolls through my head... "And he's not joking about the WWIII part"
Immediately followed by: "Which stinks a tad less than the past 2 years."

WDWJoeG

They call it a game right there in the description. Again, you're entitled to your overly restrictive definition of what constitutes a LARP. "It's not a live action role playing game, it's a real-life role-playing game*" but you're sounding increasingly silly.

*Literally how Disney defines this experience.
From their own pictures it is clearly just "optional adult dress up time" where you can opt to put on a silly hat or Jedi robe while you eat dinner.

It's not a game, there are no made up characters with backstories, etc.

The cast is not engaging in "your story" any more than when a three year old dressed as Cinderella is greeted by a Cast Member "Oh, look at the pretty princess!!!"

Just in this case it's, "Oh, look, it's a Jedi! I bet you'll use The Force to order your cocktail!!!"

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom