News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MrPromey

In Pandora these make sense.
When you're on an interplanetary ship that needs to land limited resources to a planet. You bet they are going to throw the most basic bare minimum devices to keep everything working.
And that fits the military style minimalism for space colonialism.
At least until humanity invent the replicator XD
Oh, and I completely agree. I'm just saying, there are these (and variants of them) that could look suitably "spacey" with a little effort as long as the guests don't understand who/what they were actually designed for.

MurphyJoe

No kidding! These CM's look shleppy and unkempt. Their uniforms are poorly designed, lacking any accesories or style, and don't look anything remotely Star Warsy. This is not "luxury", nor is it "immersive". It's a cheap and shapeless polyester tunic. I feel very badly for these CM's who probably thought they'd get cool uniforms. :(

View attachment 623474

While those uniforms are certainly not Star Wars, those uniforms aren't too far off those of some staff with Regent Seven Seas.

sedati

The reduction of windows with the 3d effect is the most clear downgrade.

Also, its my imagination or they also removed the windows from the dinning room as well? (o_O))

I guess they only left the "bridge" with the active windows"?
There are two pairs of windows in the upper level atrium just as was shown in the concept art. They've been absent in most photos, but there was a glimpse in the promo video at top center:
Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 1.39.07 AM.png

flynnibus

Premium Member
Really that's a choose your own adventure or like a dinner show. Am I the only one who read those books as a kid? I'm thinking it's exactly like that though enough people will choose to do the "right thing" which will be what ends up for all in the end anyway. Let's be real here, the end result will not be altered enough by just one action as you'll head back in 2 days no matter what. Just what you see while there might be varied much like those books or a dinner show.

I think it plays into your app-linked experience. This is part of the stuff for GE they never really carried through on. Do things onboard, your digital app or show experience will be altered by your digital breadcrumbs.

But all we got was a high score board :/

This linking of experiences tho is an element they pitched all along. I just think they’ll lean on the app more than actual role playing

TP2000

Won't link this video with commentary, but here are two decent stills showing the lounge/dining room.

Yikes. If this was supposed to help, it's not working.

This looks like the cocktail lounge at one of the nicer Elks Clubs. Or maybe a small, mid-market cruise ship in the Black Sea.

Lounge Dining.png

And of course the performer is "Gaya", who no one knows or cares about. If it was a good Cher impersonator, I might be able to stomach a two-drink minimum. But for Gaya? They better start comping drinks left and right!🍸

Meanwhile, at the back of the room.... it's no better, just darker and purpler. (not a word)

Elks Club Bingo Nite.png

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

This looks like the cocktail lounge at one of the nicer Elks Clubs. Or maybe a small, mid-market cruise ship in the Black Sea.

View attachment 623546

And of course the performer is "Gaya", who no one knows or cares about. If it was a good Cher impersonator, I might be able to stomach a two-drink minimum. But for Gaya? They better start comping drinks left and right!🍸

Meanwhile, at the back of the room.... it's no better, just darker and purpler. (not a word)

View attachment 623548
As Elf say, "Very Purpley..."

durangojim

View attachment 623546

View attachment 623548
John Travolta Dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

Now we know where the dance lessons will take place.

CinematicFusion

Disney needs to take notice for future projects.
No one pulled their reservation because it was too expensive.
Reservations started to be pulled because of videos showing what appears to be a cheap experience that doesn’t feel “Star Wars” enough.

Real reviews from those who payed real money to stay will let us know if the cost = experience.

Example, most say cost=experience with Wilderness Lodge cabins and those are incredibly expensive.

Hopefully everyone comes back with glowing reviews

lentesta

Premium Member
I think you're reading way too much into that.

This is the same company that said the minimum wage employees in Galaxy's Edge all had their own amazing personal backstories, would make Batuu come alive as a real place, and we'd all experience it differently based on how we flew the Falcon.

Nope.

Oh, I know. But at this price point, a lot more of that hype has to be true (from the consumer's perspective), don't you think?

LSLS

I think it plays into your app-linked experience. This is part of the stuff for GE they never really carried through on. Do things onboard, your digital app or show experience will be altered by your digital breadcrumbs.

But all we got was a high score board :/

This linking of experiences tho is an element they pitched all along. I just think they’ll lean on the app more than actual role playing

Hey, lets give Chapek and Iger some credit. We always talk about how they only think about the next quarter profits. Looks like they ditched the awesome experience that was designed for GE to use it for a $6k upcharge years later. Guess they do think beyond a quarter sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom