News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This might be worthy of a separate thread, but at this point I'm not even sure what I would put in a 2 day Star Wars experience to be worth this price....at least nothing in the sequel trilogy era.

WDWJoeG

Yup, and that choice will come down to ONE kid on the ship. They sure wouldn't have Chrwir do the same small scene with 20 people.
So I guess Ollivander's Wand Shop is immersive, cosplay, and LARP'ing - who knew? I thought it was just a cute little kid interaction.

Hate to imagine how they would describe the Jedi Academy. It's LARP'ing! It's role playing! It's immersive cosplay! You battle villains to the death! Who will survive?! Control your destiny! Follow the Jedi or betray them and join the Sith!!!

Last edited:

MrPromey

As the nuclear annihilation of humanity approaches as WWIII begins this weekend, I want my last words to be: "How could that blogger ignore how awful those shiny buttons are? They aren't even canon!"
This is dark comedy at its darkest - I need to be able to add two or more different emotes in my "like" on this one.

TP2000

man... someone find the original art of the dining room... this looks barren compared to that.

so much disappointment in such little information. This is not your daddy's disney.

This one from a few years ago?

star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hotel-restaurant-concept-art-1.jpg

Or this one from 2021?

crown-of-corellia-dining-room-galactic-starcruiser-star-wars-hotel-concept-art.jpeg

Versus the reality of staged publicity shots from late February, 2022...

FMOHp6xXIAU7-Z5

Cesar R M

And it worked
for the mommy bloggers? sure.. they got craploads of free stuff for almost no returns.
This one from a few years ago?

star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-hotel-restaurant-concept-art-1.jpg

Or this one from 2021?

crown-of-corellia-dining-room-galactic-starcruiser-star-wars-hotel-concept-art.jpeg

Versus the reality of staged publicity shots from late February, 2022...

FMOHp6xXIAU7-Z5
They seem to be the same design wise.
The pillars, the circles and position match.
Just a much closer and narrower shot.

But yes, looks like a downgrade from the 1st shot idea.
Which I imagine it was redesigned because of blocked sighlines towards Gaya.

Cesar R M

I think in on Pandora, they use these or something similar:

UW-1412-WO-FA.png

They also use something very similar in central Florida rest stops so if you've been to one, I guess that could mess with the illusion a bit but either way, it's not custom but it's also not white porcelain. 🤷‍♂️
In Pandora these make sense.
When you're on an interplanetary ship that needs to land limited resources to a planet. You bet they are going to throw the most basic bare minimum devices to keep everything working.
And that fits the military style minimalism for space colonialism.
At least until humanity invent the replicator XD

Cesar R M

The "lobby" has also, um, evolved over just the past few years since they announced this at D23 Expo 2019..

From this...

star-wars-hotel-concept-art.jpg.webp

To this...

wgs23948209480293483423_1024x576.jpg

To this publicity shot from February, 2022...

FMOHpQwXsAI9vyN
The reduction of windows with the 3d effect is the most clear downgrade.

Also, its my imagination or they also removed the windows from the dinning room as well? (o_O))

I guess they only left the "bridge" with the active windows"?

TP2000

For 6k, they should have made costumes to fit.

No kidding! These CM's look shleppy and unkempt. Their uniforms are poorly designed, lacking any accesories or style, and don't look anything remotely Star Warsy. This is not "luxury", nor is it "immersive". It's a cheap and shapeless polyester tunic. I feel very badly for these CM's who probably thought they'd get cool uniforms. :(

uni.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom