News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

TikibirdLand

If there's anybody who goes and enjoys it that doesn't get accused of liking it because Disney pub'd them in some way, or covered some of the freight, or because they don't want to admit they wasted their money...I will be quite surprised.

People will likely file away any reviews in accordance with their pre-conceived notions.
dunno about that... I changed my mind about FEA. It got a lot of bad press here leading up to it -- and continues to. But, I saw a couple of POVs, without commentary, and though, this is a nice change. Went and saw it, and yes, I liked it. I know -- hard to believe -- Tiki liked something new. News at 11

MurphyJoe

Found some more pics on Twitter

I want to know if they chose wisely as those don't look like the cup of a carpenter.

No I’m just saying it would have to be an indoor pool. Like on the ship. You haven’t seen this thing and it seems like you are trying to compare it to something you’ve experienced. It’s Not like anything anyone has experienced . You are engaged the whole time you are here. Imagine you were on the Enterprise (Star Trek) would a pool be appropriate? No it wouldn’t fit the story line, not to mention you would have to miss out on some adventure to hang out at the pool. The last thing I would be doing is going to the pool there are to many things to explore and do in the two days you have.

The Enterprise is in orbit around a mostly aquatic planet and the holodeck has been set to provide a swimming area for away team practice. Boom. Done.

Interesting thought. I wonder what the pricing model would be for simple afternoon / evening excursions say to the restaurant?

Probably a package deal with a prix fixe menu and selected "story elements". Honestly, this sounds like it'd have a longer appeal than what's being offered since you wouldn't need to switch hotels during your trip (assuming guests aren't only coming for the Starcruiser) and would be offered for a much cheaper price (even if that price was several hundred dollars per adult).

durangojim

Oh, I hope there are no long videos!!! It is so annoying for vloggers to have their phones/cameras out on a ride and narrating while the others in the same ride vehicle are trying to enjoy the ride. To have that in an immersive experience like this would be totally out of place. I hope Disney does not allow video during normal guest experiences. Disney, restrict it to the previews only, please.
I don’t want narration, I just want documentation.

Is the pod photo they’re showing what takes you away from the cruiser to Batuu or to the cruiser from earth? If it’s the latter it’s strange there’s no screens.

Hawg G

I want to know if they chose wisely as those don't look like the cup of a carpenter.

The Enterprise is in orbit around a mostly aquatic planet and the holodeck has been set to provide a swimming area for away team practice. Boom. Done.

Probably a package deal with a prix fixe menu and selected "story elements". Honestly, this sounds like it'd have a longer appeal than what's being offered since you wouldn't need to switch hotels during your trip (assuming guests aren't only coming for the Starcruiser) and would be offered for a much cheaper price (even if that price was several hundred dollars per adult).
Let's say 5 meals a day, 200 people each. 1000 folks, $300 each, that's 600k per cruise time. Same as 100
$6000 rooms.

Walt d

Well they have to name it something to differentiate the idea... because it's not just a hotel. Its a live in themed experience
Yes the next one is called Vegas it’s going to be in a town called Orlando. And it will have kelly slater wave pool,,for your kids’ and me!!

brb1006

His name is Bob Chapek. He's not just cheap, he is truly clueless on theme park operations and basic showmanship.

Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge-Dedication-Bob-Chapek-WDW-009.jpg
giphy.gif

casplas

at 2 grand plus per night per person for a studio, i wonder how long before the new and shiny wears off. not that cheapact really cares until starwars becomes a part of the customers "rise of the resistance".

casplas

Honestly, the price for a stay here is going to be through the roof. But, I think I'll have to try it once just because I'm a Star Wars fan.
once will takeso much money out of your pocket for at least ten years of visits. by the way, how was disney paris? considered going there but have heard some really bad horror stories about it. however, i have heard that tokyo is really really nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom