News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Driver

Yeah i mean it's totally improbable that after figuring out how to build galaxy spanning cruise liners humanity just gave up on enjoying pools and hot tubs and other water based amenities that have exsisited for thousands of years. A pool doesn't exsist because it would be an amazing headache for the pre planned mandatory fun periods. There is no down time hence no need to swim. You get to act 5 instead.
No I’m just saying it would have to be an indoor pool. Like on the ship. You haven’t seen this thing and it seems like you are trying to compare it to something you’ve experienced. It’s Not like anything anyone has experienced . You are engaged the whole time you are here. Imagine you were on the Enterprise (Star Trek) would a pool be appropriate? No it wouldn’t fit the story line, not to mention you would have to miss out on some adventure to hang out at the pool. The last thing I would be doing is going to the pool there are to many things to explore and do in the two days you have.

Driver

I'm looking for long form videos with minimal commentary that show the experiences as best they can so I can attempt to make up my own mind. One of the other thoughts I had is by inviting some press for a short period of time and not overnight, Disney may be testing how this would work for people who want to take an afternoon excursion "up" to the ship from Batuu.
The press has been here since yesterday.... watch your TV !!!

corran horn

How will you know that though? I can understand people who have freebies or highly discounted trips, but now you think that anyone who likes it could be lying so can't be trusted either? I guess that means any good review from anyone shouldn't be trusted then? And wouldn't somebody who felt they'd wasted their money and was embarrassed by doing so just remain quiet rather than write a good review? Imagine spending $6000 and thinking "That was terrible, what a waste I feel really embarrassed". In that scenario is the next thought process going to be "I know, I'll write a glowing review for strangers to read about how great it was"? :D
I don't think that at all - but that's certainly the prevailing feeling on the board it seems. I've already booked. We're going in May. They got me already.

GimpYancIent

I'm looking for long form videos with minimal commentary that show the experiences as best they can so I can attempt to make up my own mind. One of the other thoughts I had is by inviting some press for a short period of time and not overnight, Disney may be testing how this would work for people who want to take an afternoon excursion "up" to the ship from Batuu.
Interesting thought. I wonder what the pricing model would be for simple afternoon / evening excursions say to the restaurant?

dmw

In the Parks
No
Oh, I hope there are no long videos!!! It is so annoying for vloggers to have their phones/cameras out on a ride and narrating while the others in the same ride vehicle are trying to enjoy the ride. To have that in an immersive experience like this would be totally out of place. I hope Disney does not allow video during normal guest experiences. Disney, restrict it to the previews only, please.

mergatroid

I don't think that at all - but that's certainly the prevailing feeling on the board it seems. I've already booked. We're going in May. They got me already.
Well done, there's so much negativity by a few that it gets confusing. I really hope you have a wonderful time and it lives up to your expectations. When you've done it give an honest review as a paying guest. If you think it's a waste of money then say it, I won't think you're lying or try to change your mind. If it's just ok or great, let us know also. I'm sure if you say it's great most will be happy for you whilst one or two will tell you you're wrong for whatever reason. Enjoy it

WDWJoeG

The SWGS website specifically says:

Most of us would argue that there's no semantic difference between "live-action role-playing" and "real-life role-playing". I expect Disney will spend a lot of time and words, very, very soon, to say that the terms are completely and utterly distinct.

Edit: Formatted the website quote as a quote.
I think you're reading way too much into that.

This is the same company that said the minimum wage employees in Galaxy's Edge all had their own amazing personal backstories, would make Batuu come alive as a real place, and we'd all experience it differently based on how we flew the Falcon.

Nope.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom