News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

_caleb

The window in the guest room does seem smaller than I'd imagined. The materials they used do not seem very Starwarsy. But I still think it could be fun.

I'm not sure why, but I really hoped all the Star Wars bathrooms/refreshers (on the Starcruiser and in SW:GE) would be custom-designed rather than the usual white porcelain toilets and chrome faucets. Like, for some reason, that's an indicator to me about how committed they were to the whole immersion idea.

Hawg G

Video of the lobby from ClickOrlando -

Another Gaya video -

Video of a standard room -

Just AWFUL videos. I truly foresee a TON of people demanding discounts or last minute cancellations without penalty. The lounge is completely nondescript. That lobby is about on par with Cabana Bay for theming level.

And that room. It’s great to see they are still using the ultra high glare glass from Smugglers Run for consistency with the “window”.

How many of those towels will be stolen this week? Answer, every one that is laying around in the hallway unprotected. Or perhaps all of them, depending on their cost vs ebay value.

Last edited:

correcaminos

From the Galactic Starcruiser FAQs:

Q. Can I dress up in costume during my Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage?
A. Absolutely, what you wear is part of the fun.
Throughout your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage, you are encouraged to don your galactic best. You are a character in the story, so we invite you to dress the part. If you wish to participate, you can even show off your look during the Outer Rim Regalia event. Clothes from your home planet are also welcome.
If your wardrobe is currently limited to a single planet, Star Wars galaxy apparel is available in-advance from shopDisney. Galactic attire is also available for purchase at the Halcyon starcruiser’s stylish boutique, The Chandrila Collection.

Q. Is Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser a hotel?
A. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is much more than a hotel—Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is an entirely new vacation experience: a 2-night, immersive adventure where you choose your own path within an epic Star Wars story.
Throughout your voyage, you’re encouraged to take part in the intrigue, mystery and adventure. There’s plenty to explore onboard the glamorous starcruiser with its themed accommodations, amazing activities and colorful cuisine from all over the Star Wars galaxy. Plus, you’ll visit planet Batuu during a daytime excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package includes all of this and so much more!

Again, on the LARP/"It's not a LARP" issue, all of the information Disney has put out falls pretty clear on the LARP side of things.
No it absolutely does not. My guess is guess anyone claiming this don't really know what LARP means.

It is a live action role playing game with clear rules and an end goal. This is not that nor near it. Cosplay. Immersion. Yes. Not LARP

Since the hotel isn't only for LARPing I guess Disney doesn't have to worry then? If people want to LARP and want anything close to that experience I guess they either do this or not. (just like anybody else)
It is not even for LARPing. There is no game. That is what makes something LARP. Otherwise it's cosplay

TikibirdLand

Another Gaya video -

Surprised to see that they're using the H2O dispensers in the shower even here. If you're staying here, be sure to bring your own bottles so you can "refill" them. Why doesn't that lower bunk have a pillow. I don't think it had one in other photos from before either. Interesting to see these clips so early!

Tha Realest

man... someone find the original art of the dining room... this looks barren compared to that.

so much disappointment in such little information. This is not your daddy's disney.
Don't bother. If the dialogue on here the last few days has informed us of anything, it's that holding Disney to its own statements and expectations is unreasonably critical and overly negative.

TalkingHead

Another Gaya video -

Why’s the lobby packed with dental hygienists? Is their intergalactic teeth cleaning organization having a convention on board or something? Is their backstory in that one comic book where they teach Boba Fett how to floss?

Virtual Toad

The question at the end of the day, as these videos start to emerge, is all about value for the price paid. I’d argue it’s relative. 6k is a ton of $$ for someone like me to spend on something like this. But Disney knows there are also plenty of people out there with way more money than that to burn on a whim. Perhaps they’d see it as a fun little diversion. Whether the big fish bite or not still remains to be seen.

flynnibus

Premium Member
668bbj.jpeg

Tha Realest

No it absolutely does not. My guess is guess anyone claiming this don't really know what LARP means.

It is a live action role playing game with clear rules and an end goal.

You're absolutely entitled to your own definition of what you consider to be "live action role playing." To most of humanity, here is the agreed upon definition:

live action role-playing: a fantasy role-playing game in which participants dress in costume, use props, and act out roles.

Here is how Disney chooses to define it:

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is like nothing else you’ve ever experienced: part live immersive theater, part themed environment, part culinary extravaganza, part real-life role-playing game—and yet so much more.

And here is how Disney chooses to answer frequently asked questions on the experience:
Q. Can I dress up in costume during my Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage?
A. Absolutely, what you wear is part of the fun.
Throughout your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage, you are encouraged to don your galactic best. You are a character in the story, so we invite you to dress the part. If you wish to participate, you can even show off your look during the Outer Rim Regalia event. Clothes from your home planet are also welcome.
If your wardrobe is currently limited to a single planet, Star Wars galaxy apparel is available in-advance from shopDisney. Galactic attire is also available for purchase at the Halcyon starcruiser’s stylish boutique, The Chandrila Collection.

Q. Is Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser a hotel?
A. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is much more than a hotel—Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is an entirely new vacation experience: a 2-night, immersive adventure where you choose your own path within an epic Star Wars story.
Throughout your voyage, you’re encouraged to take part in the intrigue, mystery and adventure. There’s plenty to explore onboard the glamorous starcruiser with its themed accommodations, amazing activities and colorful cuisine from all over the Star Wars galaxy. Plus, you’ll visit planet Batuu during a daytime excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package includes all of this and so much more!

Again, it fits any standard and commonly understood definition of LARPing out there.

Animaniac93-98

That makes it sound like you've never been to an actual dinner theater. It's usually a lot more than a single person walking around and singing.

As I said, there could be more to this performance than what's shown in the video, but the video does not make it look good.

Ideally, this Star Wars dinner show would at least be on par with Hoop Dee Doo and the Luau in terms of scale/quality of production.

Especially for the price they're charging.

correcaminos

You're absolutely entitled to your own definition of what you consider to be "live action role playing." To most of humanity, here is the agreed upon definition:

Here is how Disney chooses to define it:

And here is how Disney chooses to answer frequently asked questions on the experience:

Again, it fits any standard and commonly understood definition of LARPing out there.
It's not my definition. It is the definition. It has to be a game. Not just role playing. Disney has shown zero that makes this real LARP because there is not a set of rules or an end goal. It'd be like saying you are doing a RPG because you roll a dice. I'm out but it is starting to grate that people are pretending to understand what something is when they clearly don't. I hate LARP and most RPG. So I'm saying on behalf of those I know who do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom