News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

_caleb

You think the girl in that pic in the hat is LARPing @_caleb ? Or did she buy a hat in the gift shop that she's wearing (which is absolutely not the same)?

She ain't LARPing.
I honestly thought those "pictures" were models superimposed over computer-rendered concept art.

I'm not sure what definition of LARP you're using, but it doesn't seem clear to me from the images whether those girls are role-playing or just putting on a brave face as they realize they've spent their Spring tuition money on a children's birthday party.

Tha Realest

Quote me telling anyone to book this? Quote me saying this is great or worth all that money, please feel free? Quote me promoting this as an experience to try out? I choose to wait and see what happens when it opens and I generally only reply to those who seem to have already decided to say it's terrible. I think it deserves a chance, some don't. Different opinions and all that.
"Carrying water" does not == "telling (anyone) to book" this experience or saying it is "worth all that money." Its common understanding is to "be subservient to and uncritical of someone." I am not sure of your motivations or reasons for jumping on to defend Disney from criticism for its confusing $6,000 experience, but this conduct falls within the conventional understanding of the phrase.

MoonRakerSCM

Concerning the launch pods... Are they on a turntable ala the transport on ROTR? As in you enter and exit via the same door? Or are they a themed hallway that you enter one side and then exit the other?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Concerning the launch pods... Are they on a turntable ala the transport on ROTR? As in you enter and exit via the same door? Or are they a themed hallway that you enter one side and then exit the other?
oh the humanity!
ca6b3eba17f04b8e75dd6b1bff669070.jpeg

Hawg G

Likely "plan B" baked into the original plans if needed. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple more options on top of that to squeeze the money they're projecting out of this thing if need be.

Well, the hotel could still be rented out, with the restaurant Not included. They could make MORE money. You know, except the rooms are tiny, and there is no pool.

Tha Realest

Like, if most folks show up in normal Disney vacation gear, and you have someone who goes in insisting on playing out their character, how will that unfold? Or vice versa - if there’s Steve from Arlington Heights who is an I-banker and hasn’t dressed in a costume since he was 14, how will he feel if he's one of the few that isn't committed to the play acting.

Should have looked at the FAQs; the Steves of the world are going to be disappointed!

Here are the costume policies for while you are onboard the starcruiser:
  • Costumes that may distract from the experience of other Guests are not permitted.

Tha Realest

No it is not even close to LARPing. To those who do LARP it could matter that people don't understand what it is. We need to stop trying to make Fetch.... er LARP happen
Since the hotel isn't only for LARPing I guess Disney doesn't have to worry then? If people want to LARP and want anything close to that experience I guess they either do this or not. (just like anybody else)
From the Galactic Starcruiser FAQs:

Q. Can I dress up in costume during my Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage?
A. Absolutely, what you wear is part of the fun.
Throughout your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage, you are encouraged to don your galactic best. You are a character in the story, so we invite you to dress the part. If you wish to participate, you can even show off your look during the Outer Rim Regalia event. Clothes from your home planet are also welcome.
If your wardrobe is currently limited to a single planet, Star Wars galaxy apparel is available in-advance from shopDisney. Galactic attire is also available for purchase at the Halcyon starcruiser’s stylish boutique, The Chandrila Collection.

Q. Is Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser a hotel?
A. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is much more than a hotel—Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is an entirely new vacation experience: a 2-night, immersive adventure where you choose your own path within an epic Star Wars story.
Throughout your voyage, you’re encouraged to take part in the intrigue, mystery and adventure. There’s plenty to explore onboard the glamorous starcruiser with its themed accommodations, amazing activities and colorful cuisine from all over the Star Wars galaxy. Plus, you’ll visit planet Batuu during a daytime excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package includes all of this and so much more!

Again, on the LARP/"It's not a LARP" issue, all of the information Disney has put out falls pretty clear on the LARP side of things.

Virtual Toad

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom