News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More films just announced by Lucasfilm. -

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-o...e-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

Bingo...

I like that move. Is there anyone that thinks this isn't to replace rian Johnson? Bet me...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you read the 3rd sentence????

Why does everyone BELIEVE the spin machine?

It's just a theory...I may be wrong (hence: bet me)...but they bring in these guys - hot but suffering the last couple of years from budget cuts at hbo - conveniently when you might need some help?

Who is rian Johnson explaining the plot to from the 568th different angle on twitter today?

Replacement...creative differences...release...

That's my opinion.

But the facts, are don't believe the press releases - ever - without Considering hidden meanings. Ever. They're not required to tell the truth.

Last edited:

jaxonp

Why does everyone BELIEVE the spin machine?

It's just a theory...I may be wrong (hence: bet me)...but they bring in these guys - hot but suffering the last couple of years from budget cuts at hbo - conveniently when you might need some help?

Who is rian Johnson explaining the plot to from the 568th different angle on twitter today?

Replacement...creative differences...release...

That's my opinion.

But the facts, are don't believe the press releases - ever - without Considering hidden meetings. Ever. They're not required to tell the truth.

It's clear you want Star Wars to fail. Yikes.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Unless I missed something...and Marty can speak to this better...they don't have a firm location/site development plan. It's a swamp down there...they just don't pick a spot and throw it up.

It's gonna take a while.

Oh, I know. So much land is designated as "conservation" or is unsuitable for development. There's not a ton of contiguous parcels of land suitable for development, but I'm fairly sure the land immediately south of the Studios is marked for development. I could dig up the Reedy Creek 2030 plan tomorrow and look, but I'm sure others could confirm that much sooner. :)

Ismael Flores

To say that just because the movie made a ton of money means the franchise is healthy is flawed. If a theme park makes a ton of money, does that necessarily mean the business is healthy? No. If movie 9 doesn't make more than TLJ, or if it gets similarly-mixed fan reviews, or if merchandise sales go down further, then I wonder what the argument will be. I'm not suggesting one way or the other, just saying that box office numbers aren't the best indicator. Disney built a land based on the highest-grossing movie of all time too!

But Star Wars is pretty much dead in China. The Solo film is being rebranded.
Star Wars was never big in China to begin with and Disne ask states that from the beginning. I’m sure the Chinese audience doesn’t have the connection to the movies and the characters probably confuses them because the original movies never really played there. Disney has even had issues with Pixar movies doing well there until Coco.

Also
If they were worried about the franchise they would not have announced that the writers of games of thrones have been signed up to create a whole new set of Star Wars movies unrelated to any of the projects out now. I think people are jumping to conclusion

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh, I know. So much land is designated as "conservation" or is unsuitable for development. There's not a ton of contiguous parcels of land suitable for development, but I'm fairly sure the land immediately south of the Studios is marked for development. I could dig up the Reedy Creek 2030 plan tomorrow and look, but I'm sure others could confirm that much sooner. :)

About two years ago...disney purchased a tract of land south of I-4/192 towards the reunion area and designated it "preserved"...that allowed them to create the mess that is the MGM/highway expansion going on now Is I remember correct.

Florida ain't picky (as long as your checks clear)...they can move things around to obey the loose stipulations given to reedy creek in 1965.

But here's the thing: this development only makes sense on the Osceola parkway side...not next to the swan like everyone seemed to assume.

They are along way from moving dirt on this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes it is. It's actually one of the largest, if not the largest contiguous plot of land that is considered suitable for development.

1518015813015.png

matt9112

I'm not a SW fan, but I really loved the idea of this hotel and the immersive storytelling. That being said my very first reaction was that it'll never happen. I will be completely shocked if it ever happens, and even if it did I have a feeling the whole concept would just shift to a regular themed hotel very quickly.

nah I feel like it's a natural fit for Disney world a place they can book 24/7 and charge twice as much as a poly bungalow? that's Disney magic right there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom