News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is what you said-

And it's been completely gone from my area (upper end suburbs for 5th largest metropolitan area in the country) for over 2 weeks...

Debate ticket sales or whatever.. but don’t make statements that are untrue.

You're right...I'll retract.

"It's not drawing in my area"

Better?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Gee, I thought this thread was about the building and opening of a Star Wars-themed hotel near Hollywood Studios. Not a constant rehash of TLJ success....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is what you said-

And it's been completely gone from my area (upper end suburbs for 5th largest metropolitan area in the country) for over 2 weeks...

Debate ticket sales or whatever.. but don’t make statements that are untrue.

Last Jedi is dropping out of US theaters faster then both Force Awakens and Rouge One at this point. Week 8 theater count according to Box Office Mojo:

Last Jedi: 1,467
Force Awakens:2,262
Rouge One: 1,613

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Last Jedi is dropping out of US theaters faster then both Force Awakens and Rouge One at this point. Week 8 theater count according to Box Office Mojo:

That's actually more theaters than I thought it had...

The point is nobody is going to see it. So the box office is closed at this point.

The other thing you have to consider is that it faced very limited completion...no tentpoles. Jumanji has been heralded in the press as the "sleeper hit of the year"

It is what it is...but I've yet to see a compelling argument that the box office run is on the high end of expectations. The comparisons to the other two sets don't hold either...there are too many factors in play there.

Ok...back to the hotel...;)

21stamps

1467 is a higher number than 0, much higher.

I think, may have to double check my math ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I liked the analogy mentioned earlier of this hotel being like a cruise ship on land. You're locked into the physical confines of the "ship", which contains almost everything you'll want for the duration of your stay. I wonder how they'll handle the inevitable journey over to SW:GE - Themed tunnel?

nickys

Premium Member
I liked the analogy mentioned earlier of this hotel being like a cruise ship on land. You're locked into the physical confines of the "ship", which contains almost everything you'll want for the duration of your stay. I wonder how they'll handle the inevitable journey over to SW:GE - Themed tunnel?

I want an "air lock" and a slide all the way into the land!

21stamps

You got about 25,000 people going to see it a day in North America...out of about 425,000,000

I'm not good with math...but I think one number is a lot bigger than the other?

Let's move on :)

You guys can hate on the movie all you want.. but when trying to prove/convince people of something, stick to facts.
The previous post was completely unrelated to my post that was quoted. Take up the discussion in the TLJ thread, but let’s just cut the pretending/backtracking/irrelevant responses.

We get it, some of you hate the direction that the Star Wars franchise is headed..and are striving to convince everyone to agree with you. We can hear it loud and clear. For the rest of us, let us live in our own Star Wars fandom and excitement for Disney’s new SW projects.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You guys can hate on the movie all you want.. but when trying to prove/convince people of something, stick to facts.
The previous post was completely unrelated to my post that was quoted. Take up the discussion in the TLJ thread, but let’s just cut the pretending/backtracking/irrelevant responses.

We get it, some of you hate the direction that the Star Wars franchise is headed..and are striving to convince everyone to agree with you. We can hear it loud and clear. For the rest of us, let us live in our own Star Wars fandom and excitement for Disney’s new SW projects.

Is that your final shot?

Good...point taken

I don't have one...but if I did...it might be that it is the #6 most watched Star Wars movie all time adjusted for inflation and #44 all time

The three above are Pinocchio, Cleopatra, and Beverly Hills Cop

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I want an "air lock" and a slide all the way into the land!

I wanted a spectre version of Carrie fisher...with the drug cocktail they found in the autopsy...leading me across the "river Styx" - crescent lake in this case - to the new planet far, far, away...that no one will know the name of ;)

Dutch Inn '76

I guess in the case we should be happy the ongoing referendum on TLJ is at least in a thread that has Star Wars in its title?

ThreadPolice.jpg

Thank you for your service.

jaxonp

More films just announced by Lucasfilm. -

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-o...e-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom