News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

juniorthomas

nah I feel like it's a natural fit for Disney world a place they can book 24/7 and charge twice as much as a poly bungalow? that's Disney magic right there.

I bet it would be more than that. My guess is that they'll try to hide the sticker shock by making a stay there be at least three or four days. More of a package thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
true hence I have only stepped foot in Pandora twice and I have an AP once for the preview and once when I got a fastpass. that's it period. the lines and throngs of people outweigh the experience to me.

Well it remains to be scene...but I think the one ride is gonna be great and the other a complete punt...so 50/50

As far as the overall theme goes...I just don't know.

Janir

With the recent market changes, they may be reading the tea leaves for the future knowing they won't be able to refinance their $750 Million in bonds they have outstanding at better rates and that they are eventually going to have to actually pay back those bonds with real money. They may just be attempting to stretch out their cash in and out flowsknowing they will have some big expenses in the near future they will have to cover.
If they were smart, they start selling stock shares to make up needed money now, while they can still get a lot of money per share. They probably won't do that as it will dilute their earnings per share for the board members shareholdings.

21stamps

With the recent market changes, they may be reading the tea leaves for the future knowing they won't be able to refinance their $750 Million in bonds they have outstanding at better rates and that they are eventually going to have to actually pay back those bonds with real money. They may just be attempting to stretch out their cash in and out flowsknowing they will have some big expenses in the near future they will have to cover.
If they were smart, they start selling stock shares to make up needed money now, while they can still get a lot of money per share. They probably won't do that as it will dilute their earnings per share for the board members shareholdings.

Really?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yeah...but iger is trying to inflate his stock parachute and the best way to do that is do stock buybacks...

More sales might actually drive the price down.

Janir

Yeah...but iger is trying to inflate his stock parachute and the best way to do that is do stock buybacks...

More sales might actually drive the price down.

Yup. , I wouldn't be surpirsed if Iger bails just after his 2019 contract expiration and sells all this holdings at that point once he no longer is required to fill out a From 4 with the SEC.
Problem of sellign more bonds its gonna cost Disney much more as interest rates rise to sell more bonds, even right now.
Once US Treasury bonds become worth something to buy again as a 'safe' asset as interest rates finally rise, (for some definitions of safe - won't bother getting into US solvency issues etc...) fund managers and other investor groups will start buy the US bonds as a better deal than Disney corp bonds, unless they offer higher coupon rates (the % interest) than US Treasury bonds. Disney will eventually be backing themselves into a corner. Shared by a ton of companies but still in a corner.

Janir

Hmmm. I’ll save my time and simply agree to disagree on what and why Disney should take your advice.

I don't say that Disney would ever take my advise. It's just they are painting themselves into a corner p bit by bit and they will need to come up with some hard cash sooner or later. Stock sale now might give them more cash for future commitments while prices are still high.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hmmm. I’ll save my time and simply agree to disagree on what and why Disney should take your advice.

Sounds like he/she has a handle on it to me...but I'm in engineering - what stupid people do.

You're not just taking the opposite/pro-disney side of everything, are you?

...now if you excuse me...I'm gonna hop in the car and see if anyone is standing inline looking for the last jedi somewhere...
Maybe I can scalp some tickets and make some cash? ;)

Janir

Back to the original topic,
I really hope they don't delay any SW hotel opening past 2021. I'm willing to pay some stupid amount of money for a night or two there that year. It's my 50th that year and the MK 50th year. Definitely planning for a trip that year and would really want to stay 1-2 nights at a SW themed hotel. stay somewhere cheaper for most of the vacation like mebbe and All Star or buy some DVC points from someone for AKL room, but would move out and go to SW Hotel for two days in the middle of that trip just to stay at SW Hotel.

Walt d

Any thoughts about the Star Wars themed hotel supposedly being built next to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Do you think its been postponed ahead of the 2021 projected opening? Disney currently has so many projects going on right now and maybe this isn't at the top of their list like the Main Street Theater. What are your thoughts?
Star wars has now been changed, to avatar, tree you now will sleep in a two story tree. And swim in a river as the bath tub.coming by july, this year

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom