News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

mikejs78

Premium Member
And it's been completely gone from my area (upper end suburbs for 5th largest metropolitan area in the country) for over 2 weeks...

And I'm sure I can find some theaters with a screen here or there...but a showing or two a day doesn't exactly change anything when we're talking flash in the pan.

I don't think 75% of actual Star Wars fans
That saw this movie loved it. It's just simply not that good of a movie in the first place. The story is empty. But the truth will be shown over time depending on its residual appeal.
I'm in the suburbs of Boston - and literally every theater in my area is still showing TLJ multiple times a day. So the disparity is odd to me.

As far as not being that good of a movie, I don't see how you can objectively say that. Not your tastes, sure. You didn't like it for x, y, etc, fine. But it was a) critically acclaimed, with most movie critics giving it very high marks, and b) liked by audiences, as shown by CinemaScore's A rating, which is probably the most scientific gauge of audience reaction we have. So while you may not personally like it, most critics did and most movie goers did. Those are facts.

21stamps

I'm in the suburbs of Boston - and literally every theater in my area is still showing TLJ multiple times a day. So the disparity is odd to me.

As far as not being that good of a movie, I don't see how you can objectively say that. Not your tastes, sure. You didn't like it for x, y, etc, fine. But it was a) critically acclaimed, with most movie critics giving it very high marks, and b) liked by audiences, as shown by CinemaScore's A rating, which is probably the most scientific gauge of audience reaction we have. So while you may not personally like it, most critics did and most movie goers did. Those are facts.

I just checked my area for today.. 11 (first run) theaters still showing it multiple times per day.
Let’s also not skip over the fact that for the first couple of weeks, each theater was showing it in 2-4 formats in multiple theater rooms.

Anyway.. I need to take my own advice on the “TLJ was horrible and no one liked it!” debate.

Movielover

OH COME ON! You know what I mean! Luke Skywalker - you know, Mr. Star Wars - is now limited to "walking" around with a funny glow around him and giving bits of advice to the untrained girl wonder. That's disappointing to this lifelong SW fan.

I'm sorry you feel that way. If anything that The Last Jedi showed us is that being a Force Ghost does not limit you to just standing around. That certain Jedi who made a appearance physically interacted with Luke and willed lighting from the heavens. In my opinion that's awesome! They took elements from what came before, Force Ghost / apparitions / telepathic communication, and evolved them to creating something new and spectacular. Then once this current Skywalker focused trilogy is done who knows what they can do to evolve the mythos even more in the upcoming Rian Johnson trilogy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just checked my area for today.. 11 (first run) theaters still showing it multiple times per day.
Let’s also not skip over the fact that for the first couple of weeks, each theater was showing it in 2-4 formats in multiple theater rooms.

Anyway.. I need to take my own advice on the “TLJ was horrible and no one liked it!” debate.

I gotta ask...where the heck are you?

Who was talking about "first couple of weeks"?

I just checked and it's making about $300 a day on average...though it did make $1 mil on Saturday...that's residual release though. A few stragglers left.

The sixth most popular Star Wars movie by tickets sold...by ALOT.

That's not a loser...but not leading into momentum moving forward either.

Last edited:

21stamps

I gotta ask...where the heck are you?

Who was talking about "first couple of weeks"?

I just checked and it's making about $300 a day on average...though it did make $1 mil on Saturday...that residual release though. A few stragglers left.

Cincinnati area.

It would be crazy to leave out how many theaters showed the movie in multiple formats during the first few weeks. Most theaters showing it in 3D, IMAX 3D, Dolby, and Standard. All running several times per day, each. From early morning til after midnight. I don’t know of too many movies who have that much dedicated screen time from individual theaters.

The fact that 11 theaters are still showing it in my area, even after that kind of saturation, goes against your claims of “out of theaters” as trying to claim the movie’s unpopularity. You can google to see the results, that’s what I did.

Considering that @mikejs78 is seeing something similar in his area,I think your location may be an exception. I can’t imagine that the majority of theaters have pulled it already.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
so I checked the local theaters...it's on 1 screen in multiplexes 14 screens or larger in 6 locations...

6 out of 31 within 30 miles.

...what was the point again? Are there even 14 movies in release?

...so back to the hotel...

Movielover

Right...JJ abrams is known for his shocking endings...

Right... Never said he did. Also all of his directed films have been positively received by critics so not sure why he gets all this hate.

Do you have an opinion? Something to offer?

I have many opinions, most of them will get me banned on here for their content.

But for the sake of this argument I quite enjoyed The Last Jedi. I am also looking forward to what JJ does with Episode 9.

Ease off the dust.
The pixie dust is strong with that one...

Right, if you two think I'm a pixie duster than I want what you're snorting...

21stamps

so I checked the local theaters...it's on 1 screen in multiplexes 14 screens or larger in 6 locations...

6 out of 31 within 30 miles.

...what was the point again? Are there even 14 movies in release?

...so back to the hotel...

6, more than 0. Thanks for updating us that it’s not “out of theaters in your area”. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
6, more than 0. Thanks for updating us that it’s not “out of theaters in your area”. ;)

What's the difference if they have it in an empty theater...the run is over.

Check mojo and track the money. This one fell off more quickly than rogue one...though it had a much bigger opening week and presages.

Rogue one was much better though...so cause/effect

21stamps

What's the difference if they have in in an empty theater...the run is over.

Check mojo and track the money. This one fell off more quickly than rogue one...though it had a much bigger opening week and presages.

Rogue one was much better though...so cause/effect

This is what you said-

And it's been completely gone from my area (upper end suburbs for 5th largest metropolitan area in the country) for over 2 weeks...

Debate ticket sales or whatever.. but don’t make statements that are untrue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom