Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is my problem with all the star wars "news" right now. There's just too much I hate everything Disney star wars or it’s the greatest it has ever been. And that makes it a bit hard to see the actual of the situation. I personally feel there probably are significant reshoots from a story standpoint because JJ is known to tweak a film to the very last minute. Do I think it signifies trouble? Not really. The trouble started when ep8 was released. This would be JJ being JJ in my opinion.
I agree with you that it needs to be taken with salt. It will be interesting to see if others follow up on this...

My problem with Abrams is that he’s highly overrated. If he’s Spielberg...then movies are dead.

But I think he didn’t have a prayer here...DISNEY forced a reboot and Johnson and Kennedy absolutely blew up the second movie.

As we learned in 1999-2005...you can’t blow the middle chapter.

That...more than anything... is why Star Wars worked. Empire was exceptional and it’s the glue that still holds.

Need other examples? The two towers was the best lord of the rings too!

My prediction is there is no story/character depth there...so it will be disjointed dead end narrative that will try to force fan service.

This report is inline with that...unfortunately.

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

I agree with you that it needs to be taken with salt. It will be interesting to see if others follow up on this...

My problem with Abrams is that he’s highly overrated. If he’s Spielberg...then movies are dead.

But I think he didn’t have a prayer here...DISNEY forced a reboot and Johnson and Kennedy absolutely blew up the second movie.

As we learned in 1999-2005...you can’t blow the middle chapter.

That...more than anything... is why Star Wars worked. Empire was exceptional and it’s the glue that still holds.

Need other examples? The two towers was the best lord is the rings too!

My prediction is there is no story/character depth there...so it will be disjointed dead end narrative that will try to force fan service.

This report is inline with that...unfortunately.
"so it will be disjointed dead end narrative that will try to force fan service." This my biggest fear for the rise of skywalker.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just hope to god this movie is good! I hated the last jedi. I have been a massive star wars fan since I was very little, this is why its so sad to see the franchise like this.
You and me too, buzz...

The earliest movie I remember seeing is ET...but Jedi at a Drive In is really when things got real.

I was told I saw empire too...but probably had a sippy cup 😉

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

You and me too, buzz...

The earliest movie I remember seeing is ET...but Jedi at a Drive In is really when things got real.

I was told I saw empire too...but probably had a silly cup 😉
I wasn't alive when the movies come out but my dad was. My dad showed me the movies when I was 5 and I instantly fell in love with the franchise. I used to play with all of his old kenner star wars toys. My love of the franchise expanded when the clone wars came out. Every Saturday morning my dad and I would watch it together. It makes me sad how this franchise has become so divided and negative. I wish Disney had Dave Filoni in charge of the franchise and not Kathleen Kennedy. I do hope things will improve.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wasn't alive when the movies come out but my dad was. My dad showed me the movies when I was 5 and I instantly fell in love with the franchise. I used to play with all of his old kenner star wars toys. My love of the franchise expanded when the clone wars came out. Every Saturday morning my dad and I would watch it together. It makes me sad how this franchise has become so divided and negative. I wish Disney had Dave Filoni in charge of the franchise and not Kathleen Kennedy. I do hope things will improve.
You were alive, I’m pretty sure of it 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I don't understand is, the overall consensus online for the D23 trailer was pretty favorable wasn't it? Of course not everyone is going to approve, and then there are those online personalities (Geeks+Gamers YouTube channel, for example) who would still be relentlessly bashing the sequel trilogy if it discovered the cure for cancer tomorrow.

But the overall opinion of D23 imagery for the upcoming movie was more positive than not. So I'm guessing the reshoots aren't because of any sort of backlash revolving around footage we've seen. It could be more steps taken to improve this project over TLJ, or simply (just a guess, NOT a spoiler) bringing in more OT, prequel characters, when their actors weren't on board to begin with (?)

I believe the re-shoot rumors. I'm not buying the whole "We're in trouble" reasoning behind it. I hope I'm not wrong, and we get a final product worth all the hurdles it's gone through.
I think if you take apart that trailer...it doesn’t look too good. A lot of Jedi rehash type images...and now we have 20+ Years of really mediocre if not bad movies under the bridge.

Abrams is also the producer...so he’s in it for the money. Nobody talks about this but if you watch Hollywood closely...he’s basically a money guy like his idol was in his 40’s and 50’s

The Grand Inquisitor

Your username says you’re 44...FYI.

But you seem to be bright unlike most twits of your generation 😉
Thanks Sirwalterraleigh ! I consider you one of the best posters here on the forums! I wish more people in my generation looked up to the previous generations not lecture them. I always try to be very positive in my life. I have very high hopes for the future. I'm even considering a future career in the Disney or Universal parks. Possibly as a security guard or a cast member.

The Grand Inquisitor

Thanks Sirwalterraleigh ! I consider you one of the best posters here on the forums! I wish more people in my generation looked up to the previous generations not lecture them. I always try to be very positive in my life. I have very high hopes for the future. I'm even considering a future career in the Disney or Universal parks. Possibly as a security guard or a cast member.
I also cant remember why I put down my age as 44! 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I tell people all the time that I don’t have a negative outlook on most things...and it’s been a tough road for me at times.

But I’m not gonna Pom Pom...if Disney does well, we discuss it. It they make bad business or creative decisions, we discuss it.

It’s not personal. The main problem with forums is people that are frankly immature about Disney. They can’t talk about anything but “magic” all the time or it somehow ruins their obsession with planning their next trip?

Come on...the brain can do so much more...

Last edited:

erasure fan1

No doubt. I think JJ is also being told not to ret-con ep8 because he keeps saying hes not going to. And that can further muddy things up. Of course either way, ret-con or not, it's unfortunately a tuff nut to crack.
My dad showed me the movies when I was 5 and I instantly fell in love with the franchise. I used to play with all of his old kenner star wars toys
Ok, tell your dad his star wars card is revoked. You never let a 5yr old play with vintage Kenner star wars toys! Thats crazy, they need to be in a glass collectors case! ;)
What I don't understand is, the overall consensus online for the D23 trailer was pretty favorable wasn't it?
Well one of the things Disney has done pretty well, is make some great star wars trailers. I'm not sure I recall any real last jedi trailer hate. Of course show me some classic star wars imagery in a trailer, and I become a nerd spaz so maybe I'm not the best to answer. Lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well one of the things Disney has done pretty well, is make some great star wars trailers. I'm not sure I recall any real last jedi trailer hate. Of course show me some classic star wars imagery in a trailer, and I become a nerd spaz so maybe I'm not the best to answer. Lol
The trailers have been better than the movies...sadly.

This is the single best piece of Star Wars Disney has produced...everything clicked

But it didn’t really deliver at all...

That sequence with the falcon and the score sent chills up my spine...never had more anticipation for something like that.

But the movie sequence was dumb...part comedy flown by two nobodies...who are still nobodies.

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

drod1985

Weren't there many leaks for the previous movies that were dead wrong?

Leaks basically nailed the entirety of TFA. Most of what leaked that wasn’t seen on screen was confirmed to be deleted scenes or earlier iterations of various sequences.

Leaks for TLJ also said that Kylo and the Knights of Ren would crash land on Ach-to, with Luke fighting the KOR while Rey fought Kylo. Rey would fall off a cliff, Kylo would follow her, and they’d have a conversation in some caves. So...

fractal

The trailers have been better than the movies...sadly.

This is the single best piece of Star Wars Disney has produced...everything clicked

But it didn’t really deliver at all...

That sequence with the falcon and the score sent chills up my spine...never had more anticipation for something like that.

But the movie sequence was dumb...part comedy flown by two nobodies...who are still nobodies.

Totally agree. I wish it had more of the same "tone" from the trailer in the actual movie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Scrapped STAR WARS Panel With Ian McDiarmid & Hayden Christensen Leads To RISE OF SKYWALKER Speculation
...cause when everything is on the line...two words come to mind:
HAYDEN CHRISTIANSEN

(Jar jar was unavailable)

smile

can ep9 be nearly as entertaining as the anxiety in burbank?

giphy.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
can ep9 be nearly as entertaining as the anxiety in burbank?

giphy.gif

Well...I’ve thought a lot about what the “braintrust” is thinking...they must be drowning in angst at the dwarf house.

But I can’t imagine it’s anything like what’s going on in the presidio...they can’t get Indy off the ground and heads will ROLL into the bay if this movie coming up doesn’t reboot the Star Wars money machine.

Kath better have boxes handy and her parachute strapped on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom