Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Please don’t let this be true...

Well there’s time I’ll never get back...

I hope it’s crap...because it would be crap...

And that’s an 11 hour movie that makes no sense.

But you never know?

I did hear...that the “Jedi master leia” stuff is real.

The awful, decrepit, Carrie Fisher doing something they have zero license to do and sucking up more screen time.

Abrams: “we couldn’t tell the story without her”
Kennedy: “we couldn’t tell the story without her”
Me: “there is no story...and she’s dead and frankly couldn’t talk for any of these movies...it shows”

Jedijax719

There's a LOT of missing aspects, context, and plot points in those rumor/spoilers (not even sure what to call them at this point). I think that one source has some tidbits and another source tried to tie them together in a sequence and patch the missing parts together. Mind you, I don't think the latter qualifies as a storyteller so patching things together as described is probably not going to yield the most logical story in the world.

Things like "Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter" were likely WAY misinterpreted. Kylo dying without a role in the conclusion or any redemption is also likely out of the question. And there have been numerous reports of Hayden Christensen being around on set. Who knows what they filmed this summer behind closed doors.

Some aspects sound interesting but some of the ways they were put together by a certain "leaker" just don't work. I'm counting on (and hoping that) these rumors to, if true, be only a small part of the big picture.

Because ouch.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Any time one of these videos starts with "coming from a Reddit user...", I take it as pure fan fiction.
Weren't there many leaks for the previous movies that were dead wrong?
There were...as I hope this is.

But there are also a ton of leaks - on Reddit - that are unfortunately right

The entire plots for the last couple of seasons of game of thrones were there and they were 100% correct.

The idea that there’s no way a script or photos of the filming could have leaked is hard to fully believe.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm guessing we saw the last of family connection reveals in TFA with Kylo-Han. How many more times can they recycle that "got'cha!" moment?

It was revolutionary in ESB with the Vader-Luke reveal, and one of the greatest shocking moments in movie history.
It worked well in ROTJ with the Luke-Leia reveal, and needed to happen to complete the family circle.
It sorta felt anticlimactic (imo), in TFA with the Kylo-Han reveal, as we've been down this road twice before.

How many more of these could they pull off before audiences say enough? I hope they have something much more original and shocking in this upcoming movie than yet another family reunion.
I was actually over the family twists with Kylo ren.

The family arc of fall and redemption (or vice versus) had been done twice already.

When they showed fisher and ford as horribly over the hill parents of a Vader cosplay reject...the shark swam between the water skis

Any thought that palpatine has to get in on that action is cringe worthy.

Maybe yoda can be obi-wans adoptive nanny/wet nurse?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry, but I’m trying to avoid spoilers so not watching the video. I don’t even want to see any more footage before the film comes out. I already feel like I know too much.

Fair enough.

Though if any of this mumbo is true...it will make Attack of the clones look like Citizen Kane.

I WISH I was kidding...

8 bad characters chasing after completely nonsensical, mystical “stuff”

Cosmic Commando

For me, the thing that gave me the most doubt was
all the Star Destroyers have Death Star lasers? Even if you have a low opinion of the sequel trilogy, it should be hard to believe they’d go there. It’s not enough that the Emperor has a massive fleet waiting to pounce?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm thinking this alleged leak is far off base. One thing that sends up a red flag that this is all monkey spunk:
The ending description of Rey looking off onto the horizon as suns set. Comes nowhere near to the descriptions from people who have seen the actual ending, and claim it's jaw-dropping, what fans of the OT will get chills over, etc etc.

One can hope

For me, the thing that gave me the most doubt was
all the Star Destroyers have Death Star lasers? Even if you have a low opinion of the sequel trilogy, it should be hard to believe they’d go there. It’s not enough that the Emperor has a massive fleet waiting to pounce?

One can hope not...but it’s telling on the state of the franchise that any of this nonsense can’t he dismissed outright.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The ending description of Rey looking off onto the horizon as suns set. Comes nowhere near to the descriptions from people who have seen the actual ending, and claim it's jaw-dropping, what fans of the OT will get chills over, etc etc.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on...

But i’ll Bet it’s stupid Rey...who is a fail the more you look at...looking at “ghosts” of the entire cast of characters. They can jump the shark by putting all the Jedi in there...including maybe neeson or even Alec Guinness...

Or they can jump it twice by putting Ford in there.

But unless there is a tight, compelling story before it...it will be useless and laughable.

I have no confidence they can do anything here. And I’m on record as saying I’d settle for a ROTJ remake...I mean, why not?

It’s on Tbs right now and it is STILL way better to watch than any movie made since

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thank-you for the spoiler tags. I'm even avoiding teasers and trailers at this point.
It’s all guesswork...to be fair...

But I 100% believe the full movie will be leaked before it arrives. No doubt in my mind.

And if it is good...big IF...I would not be surprised if Disney leaks it back channel themselves. They need to generate more buzz with the lands and no movies on deck...the streaming platform as well

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The person they quoted as a source said “don’t quote me”... in the quote! :hilarious:
I’m just scooting it along...

High level of skepticism.

I did quick research and this guy doesn’t like abrams...not that his past article don’t have some merit. But there is a bias.

But it’s more interesting to see if any other chatter picks up?

The thing about them bringing Lucas In is crazy though.

erasure fan1

But there is a bias.
This is my problem with all the star wars "news" right now. There's just too much I hate everything Disney star wars or it’s the greatest it has ever been. And that makes it a bit hard to see the actual of the situation. I personally feel there probably are significant reshoots from a story standpoint because JJ is known to tweak a film to the very last minute. Do I think it signifies trouble? Not really. The trouble started when ep8 was released. This would be JJ being JJ in my opinion.

The Grand Inquisitor

This is my problem with all the star wars "news" right now. There's just too much I hate everything Disney star wars or it’s the greatest it has ever been. And that makes it a bit hard to see the actual of the situation. I personally feel there probably are significant reshoots from a story standpoint because JJ is known to tweak a film to the very last minute. Do I think it signifies trouble? Not really. The trouble started when ep8 was released. This would be JJ being JJ in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom