Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Tick Tock

It really tells you how much I care about this movie if I dont care one bit about spoilers.
You must care an awful lot given your undying presence here. It seems like every-other-post in this thread is either you or Sirwalter reiterating your disdain, constantly drowning-out anyone who tries to discuss some of the potential positives with this upcoming movie.

I get it that we all have different opinions, and that is okay. But just know that it does not cause cancer to go a full 24-hours without rehashing your pessimism.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You must care an awful lot given your undying presence here. It seems like every-other-post in this thread is either you or Sirwalter reiterating your disdain, constantly drowning-out anyone who tries to discuss some of the potential positives with this upcoming movie.

I get it that we all have different opinions, and that is okay. But just know that it does not cause cancer to go a full 24-hours without rehashing your pessimism.

That’s a red herring...as I’m sure you know.

After this “little” marvel movie comes out tomorrow...the world of Disney promotion will transition back to ole Star Wars.

When the last Johnson came...there were ARDENT, patronizing defenders on these forums claiming no problems...against a somewhat tempered “I think this is bad” crowd...

Problem is that every identified problem has born fruit...situation is not good. So while criticism is of course over done - the silence is deafening from the “defenders”...who have retreated to the shadows.

I was told that the box office chart proved that 8 was EXACLTY like the empire strikes backs. All criticism was a complete figment of imagination from 5 angry dudes on the internet...

...really? How’d that play?

Tick Tock

After this “little” marvel movie comes out tomorrow...the world of Disney promotion will transition back to ole Star Wars.

When the last Johnson came...there were ARDENT, patronizing defenders on these forums claiming no problems...against a somewhat tempered “I think this is bad” crowd...

Problem is that every identified problem has born fruit...situation is not good. So while criticism is of course over done - the silence is deafening from the “defenders”...who have retreated to the shadows.

I was told that the box office chart proved that 8 was EXACLTY like the empire strikes backs. All criticism was a complete figment of imagination from 5 angry dudes on the internet...

I'm not defending TLJ or Johnson.

I'm saying why not wait and see how Episode 9 plays out before declaring failure.

Also, just because many of the "defenders", as you call them have tired of the constant negativity from the usual suspects around here, doesn't mean they've "retreated into the shadows". More like wised up, stepped out of the sandbox until the tantrums and sand-throwing cools down, and it's pleasant to mingle once more.
(Of course, the problem with sand-throwers is they always come back, and in greater numbers.)

Also, did you know conversations can be had without every sentence serving as it's own paragraph?

It's true.

Now then, I'll remove myself, and any optimism that I have for December, and let you and @Mike S continue the habitual spouting-off about a movie which hasn't been completed yet. I realize you two have already made up your minds as to how you'll feel about Ep. 9 when it opens this winter. As for me, I'll have to wait until I actually see the finished project for myself.

Mike S

You can just skip over my posts if they bother you so much you know.

That post was yesterday btw. If you simply said nothing there’d be no reason for me to post today so it’s your fault now that I couldn’t go 24 hours ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not defending TLJ or Johnson.

I'm saying why not wait and see how Episode 9 plays out before declaring failure.

Also, just because many of the "defenders", as you call them have tired of the constant negativity from the usual suspects around here, doesn't mean they've "retreated into the shadows". More like wised up, and stepped out of the sandbox until the tantrums and sand-throwing cools down, and it's pleasant to mingle once more.
(Of course, the problem with sand-throwers is they always come back, and in greater numbers.)

Also, did you know conversations can be had without every sentence serving as it's own paragraph?

It's true.

Now then, I'll remove myself, and any optimism that I have for December, and let you and @Mike S continue the habitual spouting-off about a movie which hasn't been completed yet. I realize you two have already made up your minds as to how you'll feel about Ep. 9 when it opens this winter. As for me, I'll have to wait until I actually see the finished project for myself.

Even “haters” want a good Star Wars movie. I think we’ll see one that maintains both consistency and fan moments opening tomorrow from the house of Feige. There is a way.

Just once...it would be nice to watch one of these without scratching your head heavily as to different “wha? Why?” Fifteen times over.

I’m still trying to figure out what the resistance and “first order” actually are? It’s NOT in there...and I shouldn’t have to read a novel to find it. Or what happened to Jedi Master Sipha Dyas without episodes of a cartoon series. Shouldn’t nor can’t be this way...

Rogue one came the closest...but part of that story was all known/written. It doesn’t look good...as of now. Not a lot of dissension on that stance.

And the “defenders” simply lost and went away. Let’s not excuse it with the “fatigue” excuse? But NONE of us are responsible!!! This is abrams, Kennedy and Iger. Follow the blood trail.

Last edited:

Tick Tock

You can just skip over my posts if they bother you so much you know.
This thread is practically unreadable sifting through all the repetitive spouting-off between you and Sirwalter. Again, not knocking your opinion, but the fact you have to drill it into our heads habitually.

That post was yesterday btw. If you simply said nothing there’d be no reason for me to post today.
Well I didn't see it until today. So I said something. It's getting real old. And I've said maybe a dozen things in this entire thread, give or take (?) So for you to hint at somebody to "not say anything" after your constant hijacking of this whole discussion... we'll just let that irony speak for itself. ;)

Regardless, I'm fighting a losing battle. I've surrendered the sandbox back to you and Sirwalter. Enjoy!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This thread is practically unreadable sifting through all the repetitive spouting-off between you and Sirwalter. Again, not knocking your opinion, but the fact you have to drill it into our heads habitually.

Why care? If there’s nothing really going on (there isn’t)...then why does a side conversation bother you?

Would you rather I ask questions about non-existent park projects somewhere that get completely vague/misleading answers from non-committal “insiders”?

...I bet that plays too 😉

Mike S

Well I didn't see it until today. So I said something. It's getting real old. And I've said maybe a dozen things in this entire thread, give or take (?) So for you to hint at somebody to "not say anything" after your constant hijacking of this whole discussion... we'll just let that irony speak for itself. ;)

Regardless, I'm fighting a losing battle. I've surrendered the sandbox back to you and Sirwalter. Enjoy!
No irony. I’m not the one bothered by other people’s posts. Post your opinions and let’s discuss! :)

LSLS

I actually think a lot more like me fell into the shadows than defenders. Those of us that like Star Wars, but didn't love it, that was just kind of bored with most of Last Jedi. We aren't the ones that are going to scream about hating the movie or scream to defend it all, we are the ones that will just not show up to Solo. The ones that will probably see 9, but aren't going to plan their work trips around opening night (yes I did that for End Game). We are the ones that will enjoy something like Force Awakens as 9, cause rehash just doesn't upset us that much, we have fun.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I actually think a lot more like me fell into the shadows than defenders. Those of us that like Star Wars, but didn't love it, that was just kind of bored with most of Last Jedi. We aren't the ones that are going to scream about hating the movie or scream to defend it all, we are the ones that will just not show up to Solo. The ones that will probably see 9, but aren't going to plan their work trips around opening night (yes I did that for End Game). We are the ones that will enjoy something like Force Awakens as 9, cause rehash just doesn't upset us that much, we have fun.

I always value your opinion and you are right - Star Wars fandom is completely casual for many. That is a difference but I can’t be 100% sure to the exact root causes.

I just seem to recall a box office mojo chart with a 36% drop from the “abrams bank account awakens” and a 4 week total exodus from the charts being shown as “proof” of something

And then solo bombed on a $175 writedown (better movie...by the way)

Then Kennedy went into witness protection and all side films were shelved.

And then the huge drop in retail sales began to be reported.

You know...good thing I’m not a lawyer...I Might be able to do something with this 😉

LSLS

I always value your opinion and you are right - Star Wars fandom is completely casual for many. That is a difference but I can’t be 100% sure to the exact root causes.

I just seem to recall a box office mojo chart with a 36% drop from the “abrams bank account awakens” and a 4 week total exodus from the charts being shown as “proof” of something

And then solo bombed on a $175 writedown (better movie...by the way)

Then Kennedy went into witness protection and all side films were shelved.

And then the huge drop in retail sales began to be reported.

You know...good thing I’m not a lawyer...I Might be able to do something with this 😉

Completely agree, but I'm not sure the arduent defenders went into hiding on those numbers, I still heard a lot from them.

Tick Tock

No irony. I’m not the one bothered by other people’s posts. Post your opinions and let’s discuss! :)
Postings I have no problem with. Opinions (once again) I have no problem with. It's the rehashing again, again, again, again of the same, monotonous negativity that you have been uttering throughout which has drained any chance of productive conversation from this thread. Again, enjoy the sandbox.

Patronization = no ideas.

Born out on every Disney discussion 101% of the time
No ideas? Actually quite right, professor. I have little idea what to expect. Having only seen a couple-minute trailer, a potential (real?) poster, and nothing more, I have very little idea on how this project will hold up.
Unlike you who was already calling it a train wreck ad nauseam before any footage was shown, and seems to "know" for certain that the entire franchise is "dead" :rolleyes: with Ep. 9 being nothing more than an impending flop on our hands , my simple mind cannot make such bold assumptions until I actually see.... you know... the movie.

As for what little I've seen, it looks impressive.
I know, I know. Patronization at it's finest for not sharpening my pitch fork over a short teaser with little to go on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No ideas? Actually quite right, professor. I have little idea what to expect. Having only seen a couple-minute trailer, a potential (real?) poster, and nothing more, I have very little idea on how this project will hold up.
Unlike you who was already calling it a train wreck ad nauseam before any footage was shown, and seems to "know" for certain that the entire franchise is "dead" :rolleyes: with Ep. 9 being nothing more than an impending flop on our hands , my simple mind cannot make such bold assumptions until I actually see.... you know... the movie.

As for what little I've seen, it looks impressive.
I know, I know. Patronization at it's finest for not sharpening my pitch fork over a short teaser with little to go on.

Fair...I’ll give you that.

The trailer looked “terr-awful” - to use one of my favorite Shaq-isms - but much is still unknown

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom