Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

Mr.EPCOT

Beat me to it, Lee. :D

I don't see why they are making new models....It's the same thing, right?

It actually looks like the model for the new ride is a predecessor to the current StarSpeeder, the pod-racing image says StarSpeeder 1000. The current one is the StarSpeeder 3000. Just like the movies, they might be going prequel on us.

PhantomX

It actually looks like the model for the new ride is a predecessor to the current StarSpeeder, the pod-racing image says StarSpeeder 1000. The current one is the StarSpeeder 3000. Just like the movies, they might be going prequel on us.

Where are you seeing "Starspeeder 1000". I looked at the pod racer photo and didnt see it.

Please feel free to ignore the large highly themed Endor extended queue.

The extended queue isnt bad but it doesn't make sense storywise. Think about it we are supposedly boarding the endor express from Tomorrowland (well not sure where your supposed to be boarding from in florida's version) and traveling to endor so it would make more sense as the exit area rather than the queue area. Secondly, the first thing you see as you enter the building is the camera equipment, directors chair, etc. this is where I strongly agree with Kevin Yee. Yes, I know as an adult this ride is fake but to have Disney come out and do it in this manner is basically them saying "were not fooling anybody" which goes against what Walt Disney wanted (complete immersion in the fantasy). Finally, despite the small themed extended queue the building is just a big baige warehouse when you approach

As opposed to:

maryblair_startours.jpg

Also the book on the right in this pic...

IMG_1571.jpg

is this

1949-1.jpg

I actually have this book and was flipping through it a couple days ago. Is it safe to say Episode III concepts will be featured in the attraction?

PhantomX

Also notice there are 2 different paint schemes for the Star Speeder in the disneygeek pic. One of them is a light orange color the other is a maroon red which has been shown the most since D23.

Lee

Adventurer
The extended queue isnt bad but it doesn't make sense storywise. Think about it we are supposedly boarding the endor express from Tomorrowland (well not sure where your supposed to be boarding from in florida's version) and traveling to endor so it would make more sense as the exit area rather than the queue area.
But it's not really supposed to be "Endor." It's a movie set depicting the Endor scenes from Jedi.
Secondly, the first thing you see as you enter the building is the camera equipment, directors chair, etc. this is where I strongly agree with Kevin Yee. Yes, I know as an adult this ride is fake but to have Disney come out and do it in this manner is basically them saying "were not fooling anybody" which goes against what Walt Disney wanted (complete immersion in the fantasy).
Gotta disagree. It's the Studio park. You are visiting a soundstage where they are filming a Star Wars movie. The queue makes perfect sense in the Studio setting.
Finally, despite the small themed extended queue the building is just a big baige warehouse when you approach
Actually, it supposed to be a big beige soundstage. That whole Studio park thing I was talking about. You are going to where movies are made, and stepping inside the movies. Hence, you enter a soundstage being used for Star Wars, and are transported into a Star Wars movie.
I think it works fine.:shrug:

Exprcoofto

Going to sneak into this convo too since I feel the same way as PhantomX.

But it's not really supposed to be "Endor." It's a movie set depicting the Endor scenes from Jedi.

Gotta disagree. It's the Studio park. You are visiting a soundstage where they are filming a Star Wars movie. The queue makes perfect sense in the Studio setting.

Actually, it supposed to be a big beige soundstage. That whole Studio park thing I was talking about. You are going to where movies are made, and stepping inside the movies. Hence, you enter a soundstage being used for Star Wars, and are transported into a Star Wars movie.

I understand its a studio and its all suppose to be sets, but then you walk up to the boarding area to ride the Starspeeder 3000 on a tour to the Endor Moon (which goes terribly wrong)... what does that have to do with the movie sets in the queue? :veryconfu

It just doesn't seem like the storyline flows correctly. Either it all should be movie sets looking like their filming or whatever, or it should look like your enter the Star Tours facility where you are taking a tour.

PhantomX

[qoute]Actually, it supposed to be a big beige soundstage. That whole Studio park thing I was talking about. You are going to where movies are made, and stepping inside the movies. Hence, you enter a soundstage being used for Star Wars, and are transported into a Star Wars movie. [/quote]

but then why is Twilight Zone tower of terror exempt from this? I don't see any indication that im walking onto a hotset. In fact that whole sunset blvd is themed as if im walking into a fictional version of hollywood. They should do the same thing for Star Tours.

EPCOT Explorer

Oh dear.:dazzle:

I hope there is SOME original Tril. left....where do you see the 1000 reference?
MET? That's a AICU.

(Acronym I Can't Understand)
Miniaturized Exploration Tech!
The corporation behind the Body Wars explorations! Learn your EPCOT Back story!:D

Exactly....It's set up while they are filming. You enter the movie through that.

Servo taught me that...

I understand its a studio and its all suppose to be sets, but then you walk up to the boarding area to ride the Starspeeder 3000 on a tour to the Endor Moon (which goes terribly wrong)... what does that have to do with the movie sets in the queue? :veryconfu

It just doesn't seem like the storyline flows correctly. Either it all should be movie sets looking like their filming or whatever, or it should look like your enter the Star Tours facility where you are taking a tour.
Paging Servo, EpcotServo, to the thread, your party from Saturn has arrived...

Exprcoofto

but then why is Twilight Zone tower of terror exempt from this? I don't see any indication that im walking onto a hotset. In fact that whole sunset blvd is themed as if im walking into a fictional version of hollywood. They should do the same thing for Star Tours.

Exactly. ToT is a perfect example of this. There is no hot set or filming taking place, nor any studio effect. Star Tours storyline just seems to be two different stories that they tried to make as one, and didn't turn out so great.

RSoxNo1

Exactly. ToT is a perfect example of this. There is no hot set or filming taking place, nor any studio effect. Star Tours storyline just seems to be two different stories that they tried to make as one, and didn't turn out so great.

Different part of the park. That part of the park is celebrating the fictitious version of Hollywood. The Hollywood Tower Hotel and G-Force Records are both real things in the fictitious Hollywood (yes that sentence makes perfect sense).

EPCOT Explorer

PhantomX said:

I think it has to do with two different areas of the park.:wave:

Lee

Adventurer
but then why is Twilight Zone tower of terror exempt from this?
*sigh*
Like others have said, it's in a different area of the park. Sunset is themed as a real street, with real stores and locations.
Star Tours is in an area of the park known as "The Backlot" which includes New York Street, etc. Areas that are meant to be on a studio lot, not somewhere out in public.

I don't see any indication that im walking onto a hotset. .
Hmmmm....let me see now.....
444445276_efb4befcc8.jpg

444445380_c64b86eac2.jpg

444445332_a751cd6a1d.jpg

Star+Tours+Phone+Directory.JPG

Yep. Looks like a set to me.:rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

*sigh*
Like others have said, it's in a different area of the park. Sunset is themed as a real street, with real stores and locations.
Star Tours is in an area of the park known as "The Backlot" which includes New York Street, etc. Areas that are meant to be on a studio lot, not somewhere out in public.

444445276_efb4befcc8.jpg

444445380_c64b86eac2.jpg

444445332_a751cd6a1d.jpg

Ah, glad I was right about that.:lol:....I had been looking for confirmation.

Good pics, too, Lee. Miss that stuff....Actually makes me want to go back to DHS.:lookaroun

EpcotServo

MLB? That's a AICU.

(Acronym I Can't Understand)

Miniaturized Exploration Tech!
The corporation behind the Body Wars explorations! Learn your EPCOT Back story!:D

YOU said MLB. Of course I know what MET was, Don't change my post when as you can see, you originally typed MLB...That's "your bad" buster, not mine...

:lol:

The THEME of Studios is getting to take center stage of Entertainment and be the star. The Setting this theme takes place in is a Studio, as envisioned as people think of as a Magical place. As was said about the sets and lavish productions of the 1930's: "As soon as you set foot on these sets and streets, you'd lose yourself in the world they created." Now that's a bygone era of moviemaking, but when guests are taking center stage the idea is too create the ideal setting. Our Studios is a modern facility yes, but too put you in the center stage in a theme park enviroment where you can't edit out the camera team behind you spoiling the feeling of being a star, the more and more you're supposed to be the center of action the less and less you see of the modern studio. Like the sets of yore, you lose yourself in the world in which you're the star. Be it a Star Wars adventure, Toy in Andy's room, VIP getting rushed to the concert of a major rock band, or being tonight's guest star on The Twilight Zone.

If there was a camera team with you everywhere at Studios, you'd feel like an actor working a job. The idea of Studios is to feel like the star in the middle of the action, like you think making movies were like when you're a kid and you thought Chewbacca was real. It's supposed to be like all Disney parks...magic.

:wave:

Exprcoofto

*sigh*

444445276_efb4befcc8.jpg

444445380_c64b86eac2.jpg

444445332_a751cd6a1d.jpg

Yuck, that is about the only thing I dislike from the current ST. I'm just not a fan of the studio type of thing. I'm not a fan of DHS in general. Just my opinion, which obviously differs from others. :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

YOU said MLB. Of course I know what MET was, Don't change my post when as you can see, you originally typed MLB...That's "your bad" buster, not mine...

:lol:

The THEME of Studios is getting to take center stage of Entertainment and be the star. The Setting this theme takes place in is a Studio, as envisioned as people think of as a Magical place. As was said about the sets and lavish productions of the 1930's: "As soon as you set foot on these sets and streets, you'd lose yourself in the world they created." Now that's a bygone era of moviemaking, but when guests are taking center stage the idea is too create the ideal setting. Our Studios is a modern facility yes, but too put you in the center stage in a theme park enviroment where you can't edit out the camera team behind you spoiling the feeling of being a star, the more and more you're supposed to be the center of action the less and less you see of the modern studio. Like the sets of yore, you lose yourself in the world in which you're the star. Be it a Star Wars adventure, Toy in Andy's room, VIP getting rushed to the concert of a major rock band, or being tonight's guest star on The Twilight Zone.

If there was a camera team was with you everywhere on Studios, you'd feel like an actor working a job. The idea of Studios is to feel like the star in the middle of the action, like you think making movies were like when you're a kid and you thought Chewbacca was real. It's supposed to be like all Disney parks...magic.

:wave:
I edited that when I made the original post. Odd...Forum burp?:confused:

And yeah, that makes sense once you explain it.:lookaroun:lol:

....And it just supports my theory of IJA fitting in there perfectly.:drevil::lol:

PhantomX

*sigh*

444445276_efb4befcc8.jpg

444445380_c64b86eac2.jpg

444445332_a751cd6a1d.jpg

You misread what I wrote. I was talking about I don't see a hotset infront of Tower of Terror:rolleyes:. Those pics you posted are the problem I have with the current Star Tours set up. Now you and others are saying its two different parts of the park but where do they make that clear and why do we even need this other part of the park where rides look like movie sets? Is Toy Story Mania supposed to be real or is it supposed to be a movie set? What about Muppets?

They should stop trying to copy Universal and just have the park be focused on taking you back to the golden age of hollywood as well as different fantasy lands from movies. The set theming is cheesy and it ain't fooling anybody.

If there was a camera team was with you everywhere on Studios, you'd feel like an actor working a job. The idea of Studios is to feel like the star in the middle of the action, like you think making movies were like when you're a kid and you thought Chewbacca was real. It's supposed to be like all Disney parks...magic.

But the pics Lee posted show the complete opposite. Chewbacca isn't real because Disney is telling us he isn't to our face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom