Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

The Empress Lilly

I somewhat like Rex, but I'm not especially endeared to him either. He can go as far as I'm concerned.

That is supposing we'll get something better in return. Me, I'd still love R2 and Threepio in there. Unimaginative yes. But then, Star Wars is all about these two droids. I love 'em both.

EPCOT Explorer

I somewhat like Rex, but I'm not especially endeared to him either. He can go as far as I'm concerned.

That is supposing we'll get something better in return. Me, I'd still love R2 and Threepio in there. Unimaginative yes. But then, Star Wars is all about these two droids. I love 'em both.

We disagree for a change...:eek::lol:

I guess I'm just tied to REX....Very vibrant memories from him, and I think it works perfectly for the attraction....and should be considered how successful he was in this one. Something to deffinetly base the new one off of.

Agree on R2 and 3PO. They ARE SW. :D

CaptainMichael

We disagree for a change...:eek::lol:

I guess I'm just tied to REX....Very vibrant memories from him, and I think it works perfectly for the attraction....and should be considered how successful he was in this one. Something to deffinetly base the new one off of.

Agree on R2 and 3PO. They ARE SW. :D

I have no memories of Star Tours...:( A weak attraction for something so amazing as Star Wars.

EPCOT Explorer

I have no memories of Star Tours...:( A weak attraction for something so amazing as Star Wars.

It's still around...Go make some!:wave:

Crystal clear for me....I remember walking into the front row of that StarSpeeder...and all of a sudden....There's a freaking DROID, a REAL DROID from Star Wars right in front of me.:eek::sohappy: Too. Freaking. Cool. :lol:

Future Guy

Knowing George Lucas, I fear that if Rex is taken out he'll be replaced with something far worse, like Jar-Jar Binks or maybe even (shudder) an Animatronic Jake Lloyd that shouts "Yippeee!"

EPCOT Explorer

I loved Star Tours way before I ever really got into the Star Wars movies. I'd miss Rex.
:lol: It's usually the other way around.

I was in complete wonderment to see all that stuff become REAL. :D

Knowing George Lucas, I fear that if Rex is taken out he'll be replaced with something far worse, like Jar-Jar Binks or maybe even (shudder) an Animatronic Jake Lloyd that shouts "Yippeee!"
Ew.:zipit:

WDW Vacationer

Great find!

Good to see these improvments.

Mmmmmm.... Disney realeases this and FL art in the same week we are complaining about LoW...

Coincidence? I think not!:lol:

jt04

Posted this to Twitter, jt. :D

Good find....This made my day.:lol:

It's fun to post something like that and then wait around while people find it. Especially since people don't stumble in here often.

I'll tell you what else is fun. Watching the final days of TDO bashing. SM is the final "TDO by Eisner's Rules" project. The changes to the management structure will now be more evident. WDW will not and was never really in danger of getting a scaled down ST2. But the folks at TDO who suggested it are probably somewhere else now. And I hope that the folks who cut LoW have a longer range vision in the works. Like an LED version of the Lights of Winter. Or my guess is they will also be "reassigned". Just a guess though.

The tide has turned. I see it in the ST2 artwork, DCA v. 2.0 and the MK expansion among other projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom