Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

EPCOT Explorer

Great find!

Good to see these improvments.

Mmmmmm.... Disney realeases this and FL art in the same week we are complaining about LoW...

Coincidence? I think not!:lol:
Seriously!:ROFLOL:

This will shut me up for maybe a second, I'm not easily distracted.

It's fun to post something like that and then wait around while people find it. Especially since people don't stumble in here often.

I'll tell you what else is fun. Watching the final days of TDO bashing. SM is the final "TDO by Eisner's Rules" project. The changes to the management structure will now be more evident. WDW will not and was never really in danger of getting a scaled down ST2. But the folks at TDO who suggested it are probably somewhere else now. And I hope that the folks who cut LoW have a longer range vision in the works. Like an LED version of the Lights of Winter. Or my guess is they will also be "reassigned". Just a guess though.

The tide has turned. I see it in the ST2 artwork, DCA v. 2.0 and the MK expansion among other projects.
Hope you are right, jt, as always. I won't beleive it until I see these projects open, and these cutbacks stopped.

I still ask for proof, however, seeing that the management changes are very high up, and might not really change our position, though I am optimistic.

Can you link to the whole article or actual source? :D SO excited they are at least keeping a Droid Pilot. I wonder if it will be REX in a new shell, new character all together, or a throwback to the original concept.

So happy, though...:lol:

WDITrent

The StarSpeeder 3000. :D
I believe the one referred to is the StarSpeeder 1000. :animwink:

I'd guess that 99% either haven't noticed or don't realize what your avatar is. They most likely think it's a picture from your Horizons file.
I cought it over in the Space Mountain thread and decided to come over here and have a look.

By the way, I like the looks of that green Starspeeder...

EPCOT Explorer

I cought it over in the Space Mountain thread and decided to come over here and have a look.

By the way, I like the looks of that green Starspeeder...
I should link in my sig...:lookaroun:lol:

*might or might not be excited to see confirmation*:lookaroun:D

Yeah, I think each StarSpeeder will get a separate color.

yeti

Seriously, jt04, send that in to Steve. It is definitely front page news-worthy.

And what's this about released FL artwork? :lookaroun

Exprcoofto

It might be a bit early to be asking these questions as most won't know the answer, but I know there are several insiders here that maybe could.. (if they can)

1. Will Star Tours re-opening be branded as a "2.0" relaunch with a ceremony and all?

2. Seeing that Soarin', Space Mountain, and eventually Dumbo will have/has interactive queues, will this also be an addition to Star Tours?

3. I saw posts a while back claiming the new ST to have a combinations of different beginnings, middles, and endings which would be combined at random to provide a unique ride, is that correct?

4. Will there be any major changes to the exterior of ST or will most of the changes be inside?

I think that's all I have for right now. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

It might be a bit early to be asking these questions as most won't know the answer, but I know there are several insiders here that maybe could.. (if they can)

1. Will Star Tours re-opening be branded as a "2.0" relaunch with a ceremony and all?

2. Seeing that Soarin', Space Mountain, and eventually Dumbo will have/has interactive queues, will this also be an addition to Star Tours?

3. I saw posts a while back claiming the new ST to have a combinations of different beginnings, middles, and endings which would be combined at random to provide a unique ride, is that correct?

4. Will there be any major changes to the exterior of ST or will most of the changes be inside?

1.I think that's all I have for right now. :wave:
If they want to hype it, which they will, then, yes. :D

2. Why!??! ST's queue is AMAZING. So much detail to look at....Why would they change that? The AA's make that part of the experience.

3. I think that was dropped, but I honestly don't know..Stuff like that is sketchy, still.

4. I think all inside...But now you made me nervous.:(:lol:

I think that's all I have for right now. :wave:

Wow, I hope all that stuff happens. An awesome ceremony with walk around characters and George Lucas himself would be awesome. Also, the queue is awesome as it is, but some kind of interactivity never hurt anyone.

If they have random sequences, it would be amazing. That would completely transform it from a cool simulator into a TSMM type experience, and if they change the outside with more detail and nerd-related goodness that would be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom