Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

EpcotServo

I vote for the Futurama Universe of Energy.

PRE-SHOW

The lights dim in the Universe Of Energy pre show, music builds up with pulsating lights.

UNIVERSE OF ENERGY

PRESENTED BY ENERGYCO.

Black. Darkness.

THE BOOMING VOICEOVER SPEAKS (Billy West)

Voiceover: ENERGY!

Now that everyone is startled from the booming voice, the preshow continues, Animated 80's style, faded, and outdated.

VO: It powers our Cars!

VO: It heats our Lamps!

VO: And it keeps the glowing beacon of capitalism, alive across the world!

VO: Energy is on the move! A Future Forward March!

VO: But some want to stop that March, by destroying our liberty's. You guessed it...

(Big Stamp stamps across the screen: HIPPIES)

VO: HIPPIES!

(Cuts to Former President Nixon shaking hands and presenting a large fake check to That Guy, CEO of EnergyCo. )

Richard Nixon: Haruuu, we'll get these Energy bozos. Power from the wind, I'll give them some wind to power their hippiemobiles with alright, If my name isn't Richard Nixon! What's that Agnu? They're taping that Epcot Center junk now?"

(Cuts to That Guy, words fade in below: THAT GUY, CEO OF ENERGY CO.)

That Guy: That's why we're thrilled to take you...the hip young generation of tomorrow, on an extravagant, state of the art, Multi-Million dollar look at the Future of our corporation, I mean, Energy. You tired parents just relax while we 80's dollar jockeys blow your little brats mind with edutainment...80's Style."

VO: SO as you can see, you're about to see for yourself how EnergyCo. is in control of Energy...FOREVER!

(The screen begins to tear open, like a hole in Time! mist, fog, and light poor out...Appearing in this vortex is Leela, Fry, Bender, Dr.Zoidburg, and the Professor)

Fry looks scared, while the Professor is examining us.

Fry: "Wha...What's happening? Did the next door neighbors flush again?"

The Professor: "It appears our Universe tampering hi jinks has again altered Time and Space...At this rate, I'm surprised our Dimension has any fabrics of reality in it all."

Fry: "Does this mean it's the end of the world whatchamacallit for the Universe Kabob...or whatever?"

The Professor: "No, it appears, that unlike Dr. Zoidburg's feelings, this TimeHole is strong and resilient."

Dr. Zoidburg looks down and depressed
Fry looks casual.

Fry: "Oh, Ok. I'm gonna' go watch TV then."

The Professor: "Wait! Could it be? It is! On the other side of this portal...is EPCOT Center! IN THE PAST!"

Dun-Dun-Dunnnnnnnn!

Bender: "Hello. We all knew that. Just look at those primitive meatbags. Where and when else could it be?"

Professor: "It appears to be some kind of crude Energy pavilion. They tore that old thing down after The Great Energy Holocaust."

Professor: "Oh my, yes..."

Fry: "I remember that, it was on Reading Rainbow that one time, with Jordi Leforge!"

Leela: "Wait, professor, isn't this our chance to change history for the better?"

Professor: "Maybe. What? Why? Who's asking! I'm bored! Everyone knows this is the ride you sleep in anyways. Let's just seal the darn TimeHole and get on with our slightly more exciting lives."

Fry: "Enh, Professor's right. Let's go to Country Bear Jamboree!"

Leela: "We're not going to Country Bear Jamboree, we're staying in this ride and teaching these sweaty Tourists about Energy and how to use Energy more wisely."

Fry: "Ohhh man. You NEVER want to do Country Bear Jamboree."

Leela: "The question is, how do we do that."

Bender: "I Could hit em' over the head with a shovel."

Professor: "That's not good enough."

Bender: "Well I'm outta' ideas. So long Meatbags! Good luck with the Energy Crisis!"

Bender laughs hysterically.

Professor: "Wait! This may be the perfect opportunity to try out my latest invention, The Controlomator! It controls literally everything, in any Dimension."

Fry: "Oh! Like OPRAH!"

Professor: "Preciously! Now prepare yourselves, to explore the Universe Of Energy!"

Voice echos, as bright lights fill the room, as the FUTURAMA theme plays

FUTURAMA PRESENTS: THE UNIVERSE OF ENERGY

Room and screen goes dark

Bender appears on center screen.

Bender: "WELL...That means you people! What are you waiting for, some kinda Safety announcement?"

Cast Member on PA: Your Attention Ladies and Gentlemen

(Bender Freaks Out)

CM: Before we enter the main theater, we'd like to make a brief Safety Announcement.

Bender: "Alright! A Safety Announcement! Woo Hoo! That's about as fun as a visit too..."

CM: AHEM...

Bender: "Certain other Theme Parks, who's names I'm not legally allowed to mention."

CM: For the Safety and Comfort of those around you,

Bender: "AND ME."

He goes to get a bottle of Beer, and a Cigar from his chest...

CM: We ask that there be No Eating, Drinking, or Smoking from this point on.

He drops them both.

Bender: "What kind of crummy theme park is this? No Eating, Drinking, or Smoking? Well fine! I'll just go make my OWN Epcot Center...With Blackjack...smoking...And LOTS of Beer!"

CM: Well we do actually serve Adult Beverages at the popular "Rose & Crown Pub" in World Showcase...

Bender: "Sayyyy...Now there you go! Let's just get this ride over with and head OVER THERE...Where the GOOD TIME is at..."

CM: Speaking of which, if you have reservations or elsewhere to be, please be advised that this attraction is 37 Minutes.

Bender: "37 Minutes! Awww man! I gotta Fastpass that comes in before THAT!"

CM: Ummm...How is that possible, you're from the Future?

Bender: "Enh...I know a guy. Take a look. Soarin'! And it only cost me 300 wing-wangs, yes Ladies, I'm handsome AND a smart shopper..."

CM: Bender, you do know Fastpasses are free right?

Bender: "WHAT!?!?! Where is that guy?!?!? I'LL KILL YOU JUANTIGO!"

CM: Calm Down, Calm down...Uhh, sorry about this everybody. Where was I? Oh, yea: Please stay behind the yellow lines, as in a few minutes the doors will be opening. Please be advised This is a slow moving attraction, in which you must Remain Seated in your traveling theatre cars at all times. And we also ask that there be no Flash Photography. Thank you, and enjoy the show!

BENDER: "AND NO videotaping. I don't wanna' see your whiney friends commenting on your MySpace page at how Un-Disney this was. Oh, you the Cast Member back there...for the next group, try doing it with a little pizaz, ok?"

Long pause, Bender stares down at us now.

BENDER: "What are you looking at? Well? Don't just stand there, walk through the doors!"

"C'mon, you've been standing here the whole time, just go through the doors and get a seat already, jeez."

"That's right, get moving. 'Nother group waiting outside in the heat. You there, Kid, stop cryin' and get movin'...Wow, I can't wait to be a Disney Animatronic. Like Lincoln! By the way, that reminds me...When you're done here go complain at Guest Relations at the lack of ME in attractions."

He wanders across the room, out of frame.

"Great Moments with Bender...Carousel of Bender....It's a Small World (Featuring Bender)...The Bender Mansion...Oh yea! Pirates of the Benderbbean...Bender Thunder Mountain..."

PRE-SHOW END

I may write the rest later...I have some good ideas for the rest.
:lookaroun :lol:

Pete C

Are there people people actually questioning the use of 3D on this ride? Just forget about the fact that we as humans have 2 eyes and everything in our real world is seen in 3 dimensions. Someone said there is no need for 3D since there is glass on the spaceship. Well, there is glass on the windshield of your car, and if all you could see was 2D they would take away your license because you can't perceive depth without 3D. 3D will add infinite value to this attraction, as the sense of speed and feeling of motion will be intensified. 2D can be just as good? No, it can't. There is no substitute for 3D, end of story. No 2D attraction that features a sense of speed could rival the same attraction shot in 3D. You don't need to have little creatures or objects coming out at you in order to benefit from 3D. Just watch the ending of Spiderman at Universal. When you fall at the end of the ride...you REALLY feel like you are falling. That would not be as realistic with a 2D image. Soarin in 3D would also be a serious upgrade.

Monorail_Orange

Not that this is ground-breaking since the announcement, but if anyone was wondering, I think it safe to confirm Anthony Daniels will have SOMETHING fairly significant to do with Star Tours II. The following statement was posted in an article in the Time-Picayune (New Orleans' Newspaper) about the Star Wars in Concert. They were interviewing Mr. Daniels about the upcoming concert:

"Although he's acted in all six big-screen "Star Wars" films, and participated in numerous ancillary projects (with more to come, including a top-secret retooling of Disney's "Star Wars"-themed "Star Tours" ride), it's almost always been from behind his golden C-3PO mask. That changes this time, as he trades his droid getup for a more practical ensemble."

Link to article: http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2009/10/this_is_the_droid_youre_lookin.html

EPCOT Explorer

Not that this is ground-breaking since the announcement, but if anyone was wondering, I think it safe to confirm Anthony Daniels will have SOMETHING fairly significant to do with Star Tours II. The following statement was posted in an article in the Time-Picayune (New Orleans' Newspaper) about the Star Wars in Concert. They were interviewing Mr. Daniels about the upcoming concert:

"Although he's acted in all six big-screen "Star Wars" films, and participated in numerous ancillary projects (with more to come, including a top-secret retooling of Disney's "Star Wars"-themed "Star Tours" ride), it's almost always been from behind his golden C-3PO mask. That changes this time, as he trades his droid getup for a more practical ensemble."

Link to article: http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2009/10/this_is_the_droid_youre_lookin.html

Hmm...What does that mean? Voice only? Screen? They use the naked 3PO?:fork:

This does not bode well, espeically since I have heard that REX might be gone, too.:(

Monorail_Orange

Sorry EE, taking that paragraph out of context makes the line more confusing. The article is talking about Anthony Daniels' part in the concert - when he's not wearing the C-3PO costume - which is something new for Daniels as every other time he does something for the Star Wars franchise, including Star Tours II, it's from behind the mask.

I just found it interesting that Daniels mentioned having a role in the "top-secret" retooling of Star Tours to a reporter for New Orleans' local paper. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Sorry EE, taking that paragraph out of context makes the line more confusing. The article is talking about Anthony Daniels' part in the concert - when he's not wearing the C-3PO costume - which is something new for Daniels as every other time he does something for the Star Wars franchise, including Star Tours II, it's from behind the mask.

I just found it interesting that Daniels mentioned having a role in the "top-secret" retooling of Star Tours to a reporter for New Orleans' local paper. :wave:

Oooooh.:brick: Sorry. :eek: Speed reading. :lol:

So that means that 3PO will be kept? Wonderful...Now, we just gotta see about REX.

EPCOT Explorer

Eh, Rex can go or stay.

I can't say I'd desperately miss him.

I would. :eek:

I remember riding ST in 96/97 JUST as the SW craze was "cool" again, and sitting really close to him and being in AWE. It was Star Wars, but REAL. :eek::sohappy: Don't know why he effected me more than 3PO or R2, but wow. Rex was cool.

daikonjam

I talked to one of the guys that worked in star tours last week, and i asked him when they were going to be closing the ride for the updates. He said they weren't closing it till October of next year.

Why don't they do it sooner and get it out of the way, if it's only going to take a year or so?:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

He can go. One of the few WDW originals that I wouldn't mind never seeing or hearing again.

I feel that loosing him would mean being replaced with some generic character...:shrug:

Who WOULD he be replaced with, BTW? New unique character? That would soften the blow...

*is still hunting eBay for a REX figure*:lookaroun:eek:

CaptainMichael

I feel that loosing him would mean being replaced with some generic character...:shrug:

Who WOULD he be replaced with, BTW? New unique character? That would soften the blow...

*is still hunting eBay for a REX figure*:lookaroun:eek:

A new unique character. A more "grownup" sounding droid that claims to be a some ace pilot but is really a fraud (much in the vein of Hathaway Browne and Charles Muntz) with the rogue/pirate personality of Han Solo.

EPCOT Explorer

A new unique character. A more "grownup" sounding droid that claims to be a some ace pilot but is really a fraud (much in the vein of Hathaway Browne and Charles Muntz) with the rogue/pirate personality of Han Solo.

Sounds like the original plans...REX was supposed to be a extreme and militaristic character.

I wouldn't mind....but I would be thrilled if we had REX still there...and say that this was his SECOND flight, and he HAD gotten a bit more used to his programming.:lol:

CaptainMichael

Sounds like the original plans...REX was supposed to be a extreme and militaristic character.

I wouldn't mind....but I would be thrilled if we had REX still there...and say that this was his SECOND flight, and he HAD gotten a bit more used to his programming.:lol:

REX should have been a warning to the fans of the forthcoming Jar Jar Binks and how low George Lucas was capable of sinking:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom