Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

janoimagine

How about whats her name, Isane Isard or whatever? The chick with the white hair and the different colored eyes.

Death Star wasn't the greatest book I will admit, but it was an interresting side story and my point was that EE would get to see a different side of Daala ... Isard was pure evil (and female and did have the bi-color eyes), your right about that, but Thrawn was still the king next to the Emperor (maybe ... maaaaaybe even darker than Vader)

(Runs and hides now.) :D

Edit: Ysanne Isard was the Director of Imperial Intelligence, she was the one that had the prison hidden in the base of Coruscant that turned out to be the Executor-class Star Destroyer, the Lusankya.

janoimagine

Cool story, but if I were him, I don't know if I would've posted it online. There is no way his NDA with Disney allowed him to discuss it in this kind of detail once an announcement was made. Hopefully nothing happens to him.

Considering all the NDA's typically associated with projects of this nature, I agree with you completely, even if it fall's after the media reveal date.

Hopefully this guy know's a good Attorney.

Woozle

Cool story, but if I were him, I don't know if I would've posted it online. There is no way his NDA with Disney allowed him to discuss it in this kind of detail once an announcement was made. Hopefully nothing happens to him.

I was going to say the same thing. He definitely signed a bunch of confidentiality contracts that I'm sure he is breaching. Hopefully the info is legit though. That would be awesome.

Festivus

Tattooine, Hoth, Naboo, Fett, Ackbar... I bet we also see Endor, Bespin, Coruscant, E6 Death Star core run, Asteroids from either E5 or E2. This is going to be awesome! If Fett is in this, then I bet we see the Slave 1. I bet we'll also see Ackbar's battleship. I would LOVE a cameo by the Millenium Falcon!

I personally hope we don't see any EU in this. The EU has it's place in SW fandom, but I think it's inappropriate for ST. I would much rather experience scenes from the films in an immersive 3D way, than see creations of things from books I've never read and references to characters I've never heard of.

stephmtl

AkbarCereal.jpg

YOUR TONGUES CAN'T REPEL FLAVOR OF THIS MAGNITUDE!

We'll last longer than we would against those Cheerios! And we might just take a few of them with us!

redkoala245

I'm excited about Star Tours!! :D It needed to be updated. Because of all the new Star Wars movies. I heard from other threads that they were doing tests where Body Wars used to be in WOL. Is that true?

EPCOT Explorer

Death Star wasn't the greatest book I will admit, but it was an interresting side story and my point was that EE would get to see a different side of Daala ... Isard was pure evil (and female and did have the bi-color eyes), your right about that, but Thrawn was still the king next to the Emperor (maybe ... maaaaaybe even darker than Vader)

(Runs and hides now.) :D

Edit: Ysanne Isard was the Director of Imperial Intelligence, she was the one that had the prison hidden in the base of Coruscant that turned out to be the Executor-class Star Destroyer, the Lusankya.
Noooooooooooo....But yeah, Thrawn was the worst, besides Vader and the Emperor.
No Star Tours II ridethrough would be complete without an encounter with scourge of the galaxy, Grand Admiral THRAWN!
:lookaroun

[/B]

No this is not true.

I've heard it both ways, BTW...:shrug:

The Conundrum

That guy's report doesn't really make sense. Your telling me that instead of using the costumes in the Lucasfilm and Imagineering archives there asking fans to come with their own costumes to be filmed? Are you kidding me? They can't afford to make new ones themselves?

_Scar

I don't like/think Disney would change UoE from a serious to funny then back to serious approach. Can JC be converted back to a serious ride? :lookaroun:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

See I thought the original was like actually watching the fossil fuels form in the earth, and just as long.:snore:

It did have a boring quality, but the original was epic. Ellen's Energy Adventure has a couple epic moments, but overall is too whimsical with the concept. What the Universe of Energy needs to be is like the Big Bang sequence, from start to finish. It needs to be intense, it needs to grab ahold of you and not let go for 45 minutes. It needs to force its way into your brain and pry it open to the possibilities of power. People need to walk out of there with their legs wobbly. They need to get so excited that they throw their babies at the thing or set themselves on fire. Or set their babies on fire and then throw them.

me_stitch

Premium Member
sweet

awesome, I was in DW last December and in DL in August and on both occasions I remember thinking to my self how Star Wars is still cool but it definitely needed to be redone. I'm going to DW in Oct. '11 so hopefully it's done by then.

urbanvegan

People need to walk out of there with their legs wobbly. They need to get so excited that they throw their babies at the thing or set themselves on fire. Or set their babies on fire and then throw them.

I can see it now - Ellen's Energy Adventure becomes the Infant Immolation Inferno. This is the kind of expansion I can get behind.

The one form of energy that never runs out...there are babies EVERYWHERE.

urbanvegan

Ellen is still very relevant, and I think much of the dialogue/discussion in the ride was ahead of it's time when it came out. The problem is, the attraction is too long (45 minutes), and the Dinosaur scenes were shoehorned into the new story line. I don't disagree that it should be re-done, but I hardly think Ellen is the problem at all.

I agree, Ellen is a much BIGGER star than she was in the 90's. She's one of America's Sweethearts. If they made a fresh, new Adventure with Ellen, I think it would be quite a coup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom