Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

_Scar

Yeah, the multiple DS's got old, but it was interesting to go into the Maw and see where they were pumping them out.:lol:

Also....Daala=Beast.:lol:

It's Star Wars. Who made you Mod?

How would the average person riding Star Tours know what this all means? I'm all for hidden references but it's not like this is a dark ride :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
wwiip153.jpg

ValentineMouse

Star Tours II: Hoth, Snowspeeders, Boba Fett, Admiral Ackbar, Naboo Pilot...

(Firstly, I hope it's okay I posted this seperately from the Star Tours II Confirmed thread - it seemed unwieldy, but I have no problem with this being merged with it!)

Anyway, I was strolling through some Star Wars fan websites looking at their reaction to the Star Tours II announcement, and found a posting by a fan who was apparently hired by Imagineering to portray a Snowspeeder pilot, and he gave a rundown of what he got up to on his day of filming:

OK, by now you've all heard the Disney Star Tours revamp is true.

Here's my experience:
I was contacted last November ('0
Cool.gif
by Mary Franklin about a secret mission.
They wanted to rent my Snowspeeder costume. When I contacted her back (with lots of questions), she hooked me up with the casting director. After I got together with him via email, it turned out they were filming new locations for the Star Tours attraction at Disney. One of those locations is Hoth.

Basically they wanted to rent my suit and have Mark Hamil wear it. Of course, they would bring me on as costume consultant.
Mark declined, so the Casting Director told me to come down and audition for the part. Judy and I went to Glendale to the Walt Disney Imagineering Studio for my screen test / audition.

I GOT THE PART!!!
My shoot day was April 30th at 9:00 am. Day 3

We arrived that Thursday morning and met with the Casting Director. He then took us to the Wardrobe trailer (which was filled with LFL Archive Costumes! DROOL!) where I had to inventory my complete costume. Went back to green room and waited for wardrobe to come check my costume. That's where we met Dean B. De Anda (Drill Unit (XO) 501st Legion (Golden Gate Garrison) BH-1034) and his G/F. He is the Boba Fett they hired. We all hung out on set until wardrobe finally showed up. They checked Deans costume, then mine.

They shot the commercials for the que line first, then shot Deans Parts. (Boba Fett)
Took a long time for them to set up lights, cameras, back drops and blue screens.
He was good, took a few takes. They had to sink the pre recorded Boba voice with his actions. As he was wrapping up, they called for me to sit in the snowspeeder cockpit so they could start setting lights, backdrops, ect, ect. The cockpit was small but Awesome! I hope to get some behind the scenes stills soon. As I sat there other things were being done to to the cockpit to make the shot look right. I was aproached by disney reps to do an interview right in the cockpit for the website and disney channel. By this time I was suited up (Hoth gear) in the cockpit, and with all the lights on me, let me tell you it was HOT, HOT, HOT. I needed to get out of there and cool down. So we broke for lunch.

After lunch it was as quick as could be. Everything was set up and ready to go.
I hopped in the cockpit, they strapped me back in, I did 2 rehersal takes, then got it done in three takes. They asked me if I wanted to see the takes I had done, and they looked great. I can't wait to see it with the effects.

I went back to the green room, changed into my civies, and went back to the set with judy to watch the rest of the shoots. (Ackbarr, Naboo Pilot)

It was the best time EVER!!!!!

Written by Rob Howes, and taken from http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19325.

If true, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, I find it hilarious that Disney and LucasFilm hire fan made Star Wars costumes rather than having their own - even Boba Fett's was hired!)

So this means Tatooine and Hoth, possibly Naboo, and (woo!) Boba Fett have a little more weight behind the rumors. Obviously can't guarentee this is legit, but it seems relatively believable to me.

EpcotServo

Great stuff.

All I ask is that "Star Tours? What are you doing here? This area's restricted. Ease off on your main thrusters." be in the ride.
:D

EPCOT Explorer

I second that ... no offense EE, but Thrawn was one bad mother, with his Norghi bodyguards. You have to respect a non-human Grand Admiral for one, and two, one that defeated his enemies by studying their arts.

I know, I know! :p

There is just something about a female Grand Moff....:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:

WDWFigment

Cool story, but if I were him, I don't know if I would've posted it online. There is no way his NDA with Disney allowed him to discuss it in this kind of detail once an announcement was made. Hopefully nothing happens to him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom