SSE: Finishing Touches Phase Update 1/17/08

WDWRocks08

Im not an expert on these matters but i feel like putting up a few lights and elements within 5 days is'nt that much of a push. :shrug:

Sir Hiss527

Perhaps there are already things behind the black curtains:drevil:

Of course, that's just speculation on my part, but some things look temporary...like countless people have mentioned.

Not sure if this has been mentioned on the boards before, but those black curtains are exactly what they are..'black curtains'. While talking with several CM's the figures that were in the original scenes are ALL still there including the interactive bee game thing, and the people who are communicating with each other with the video screens. Yes that's right..there all still there.

The MaD Hatter

Don't worry..its not that bad..

I've heard similar statements made about several recent Disney attractions: SSE, Nemo & Friends, Monster's Inc, LMA, Stitch, etc.

The problem is that Disney used to amaze people with everything they did. People used to exit new attractions knowing they just had a truly spectacular experience and were left wondering how Imagineers could ever top that. Now it seems a lot of people leave new attractions or refurbs saying "It's not that bad" or "Well, it could have been worse." Seems like a big drop off if you ask me.

WDW Monorail

Not sure if this has been mentioned on the boards before, but those black curtains are exactly what they are..'black curtains'. While talking with several CM's the figures that were in the original scenes are ALL still there including the interactive bee game thing, and the people who are communicating with each other with the video screens. Yes that's right..there all still there.

I *highly* doubt that.

WDWRocks08

Yes, has this not been mentioned before by anybody? Trust me I have talked to CM's who work the attraction, they are still there being covered by the curtains.

If what you say is true that seems like a truly welcome sign based on what i have heard... can anyone confirm it :veryconfu

jt04

Progress at SSE

Without commenting on the script or the music, I can say that the audio quality is 100% better than it was in December. It is nicely balanced and the audio from the sets is not competing with the narration (or the other way around). Since I often have critsized the descent I thought I would add some praise for this progress. :)

Captain Hank

I've heard similar statements made about several recent Disney attractions: SSE, Nemo & Friends, Monster's Inc, LMA, Stitch, etc.

The problem is that Disney used to amaze people with everything they did. People used to exit new attractions knowing they just had a truly spectacular experience and were left wondering how Imagineers could ever top that. Now it seems a lot of people leave new attractions or refurbs saying "It's not that bad" or "Well, it could have been worse." Seems like a big drop off if you ask me.
I believe you're forgetting about the Finding Nemo musical, Expedition: Everest, the Haunted Mansion refurbishment and Soarin'. These are all truly spectacular attractions. I've also heard many very positive reactions coming from The Seas with Nemo and Friends and (yes) Spaceship Earth.

Of course, you'll have the duds--throughout Disney park history, there have always been some attractions that fail to meet expectations; it's nothing new. However, in general, a lot of people are being super-critical of the Disney theme park experience, much moreso than ever before (note: not specifically meaning you, but more in general--people like Kevin Yee and Jim Hill, et. al.).

The MaD Hatter

I believe you're forgetting about the Finding Nemo musical, Expedition: Everest, the Haunted Mansion refurbishment and Soarin'. These are all truly spectacular attractions.

I agree. I love all of these attractions and I think the HM refurb was the perfect example of how an attraction can be plussed. However, looking back over the last 10 years or so it seems that for every great attraction/refurb Disney pulls off, there's 2-3 substandard attractions/refurbs, and I would add SSE to that list (unless they dramatically improve the descent). Perhaps people are being more critical of Disney of late because their spotty track record during the 90s and into today; the attractions you mentioned used to be the standard, now they're the exceptions.

Expo_Seeker40

the floating classroom AKA the bee game is NOT there. I was evacuated from 180top in early Janaury and had to walk through this area. The floating classroom area is compeltely gone. It is an empty alcove with those blue dangling lights. The area behind it is nothing but black sound-proof padded walls.

mightynine

I really wish they would continue the blue lights that you see right after 180top for the rest of the decent. It's a neat effect.

Timmay

Finally got to ride SSE today with a sense of foreboding after all that has been said about it. I was blown away by just how much I enjoyed it - both the ascent and descent! I may be in the minority, but I really enjoyed the descent!

The descent has always been lame at best, but I found this one quite entertaining.

The narration was good, but not great, but didn't stand out as any kind of hindrence to enjoying the ride.

All-in-all a really good experience. I have to rate it a success.

I rode it on the 14th...I agree with everything you said. It is far better than before. It is just odd how people like to complain about it.:shrug:

KeeKee

I rode it on the 14th...I agree with everything you said. It is far better than before. It is just odd how people like to complain about it.:shrug:

I don't get it either. I really liked it. Sure it could be tweaked, but it's really not necessary.

Snapper Bean

I rode it on Sunday the 20th and was treated to....an evacuation. Bummer. Never got to the interactive part at the end. From what I've read it, I don't suspect that I'll like it but am willing to withhold judgment until actually experienced. For what its worth, I thought the Cast members did a lousy job with the evacuation on Sunday.

Snapper Bean

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom