SSE: Finishing Touches Phase Update 1/17/08

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All the `chicken wire` has been there since early 1994, installed as part of the Irons makeover - the ceiling effect / fibre optic paths were hung and interweaved in it.
They must have cleaned the film and projectors
I recall a new projector was installed as part of this rehab.
On your right would be the fiber optic city......but on your left.....the entire way down the left hand wall which has the evacuation path next to it....is indeed finished....This was was never used if memory serves me correct in the 1994 rehab
Indeed, nor was it used any time previously, except to hang mirrors off of. Right behind this wall is the 52ft level service level and core access.

kcnole

The "finishing touches" are completely descent related

Can you elaborate further. Are these touches anything to get excited about, or just to make the curtains and stars seem a bit more professional?

The MaD Hatter

Thanks for the great post Expo_Seeker40. I'm really really really hoping that there's something behind those curtains. After riding SE last month I felt the same way I did after watching the last episode of The Sopranos -- such a great build up for nothing. In both cases I'd take anything over a completely black ending. :lol:

tnemgif

I still really hope the ending will be changed to something much more epic and exciting. Disney won't allow itself to change a classic, beautiful park icon into a tacky, unappealing distraction. It would be like painting the castle pink and decorating it with m&m's...oh, wait :lookaroun

The MaD Hatter

I still really hope the ending will be changed to something much more epic and exciting. Disney won't allow itself to change a classic, beautiful park icon into a tacky, unappealing distraction. It would be like painting the castle pink and decorating it with m&m's...oh, wait :lookaroun

shorteared20owl2047102415bi.jpg

KeeKee

Finally got to ride SSE today with a sense of foreboding after all that has been said about it. I was blown away by just how much I enjoyed it - both the ascent and descent! I may be in the minority, but I really enjoyed the descent!

The descent has always been lame at best, but I found this one quite entertaining.

The narration was good, but not great, but didn't stand out as any kind of hindrence to enjoying the ride.

All-in-all a really good experience. I have to rate it a success.

WDWRocks08

I have not ridden the rehabed version of Spaceship Earth but intend to do so in April. From what i have heard i just can't believe the rehab would be finished. Even if the rehab was poorly done leaving black curtains that guests can tell look temporary is not something that Disney would do. I really do hope Disney has something good up their sleeves for this short amount of time and i strongly believe they do. If i am dissapointed while going on my trip i really will be upset because as someone who enjoys Amusmant Parks and History Spaceship Earth has always been one of my favorite ride!

Space Mountain

Even if the rehab was poorly done leaving black curtains that guests can tell look temporary is not something that Disney would do. I really do hope Disney has something good up their sleeves for this short amount of time and i strongly believe they do.

Guests cannot tell whether curtains are temporary or permanent. Its just us enthusiasts. :king: Don't worry..its not that bad..

Maerj

Heck man, just call in Ty Pennington and his Extreme Home Makeover crew and they could redo the whole ending in a week and make it amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom