SPOILERS: The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion

erasure fan1

I see you’re up for it...but I don’t know how they get to Luke skywalker with this??

Best to leave it alone. It’s over, Johnny!!
I think we get to Luke in the Mandalorian. I don't think its the way I just said. I only brought that connection up as more of a, don't worry I'm getting things back on topic. :p

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think we get to Luke in the Mandalorian. I don't think its the way I just said. I only brought that connection up as more of a, don't worry I'm getting things back on topic. :p

I wish that was possible. I think they need to bury it. Again...recasting a main character for throwback purposes doesn’t really work in live action. If that the angle, filoni should stick to cartoons

tk924

I wish that was possible. I think they need to bury it. Again...recasting a main character for throwback purposes doesn’t really work in live action. If that the angle, filoni should stick to cartoons

I think they (Favreau/Filoni) may take the Marvel approach. Intro some of these new characters that could spin off into their own series. Just my guess and hope at this point. With this show being as popular as it is, why wouldn't they?
And I gotta say, I believe Filoni might be the closest thing to Lucas that us Star Wars fans have right now. Filoni has lit the fire. Now let him throw some gas on it!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think they (Favreau/Filoni) may take the Marvel approach. Intro some of these new characters that could spin off into their own series. Just my guess and hope at this point. With this show being as popular as it is, why wouldn't they?
And I gotta say, I believe Filoni might be the closest thing to Lucas that us Star Wars fans have right now. Filoni has lit the fire. Now let him throw some gas on it!

I want filoni to write/produce a feature movie...somewhere between ROTS and the post Jedi period.

Don’t really care about the details...I’ll eat anything on the buffet

Mike S

Love that I’ll get to play as Mando with Grogu (Baby Yoda) in tow this new season in Fortnite. It was inevitable after the previous Star Wars crossovers 😊
15BR_BPLaunch_Stills_Mando_MOTD_1920x1080.0.jpg

21stamps

Great observation. The concern I have, I guess you can call it a minor one is the possibility of good things (The Mandalorian) becoming meddled with in the future. What was that insider term that was used regarding the sequel trilogy?... Oh right, too many cooks in the kitchen.

I have faith in Favreau, Filoni and the rest of the Mando crew but what if at some point the powers at be want to flip the script in their favor. I’m reading comments in this thread and all over social media of casual viewers complaining that the latest episode is throwing them off with the introduction of Ahsoka and the small Clone Wars references.

I’ve read comments - all as if they were replicated, voicing their frustration towards having/needing to watch Clone Wars to know what’s going on in the current show, with the “if they continue to throw in more random characters I’m done with this show!” as the ending sass-phrase. It offends them that they do not know some of the references being said or characters being introduced and when offered the solution of watching the Clone Wars or doing a quick read up on Google, they make it clear that they have no interest in doing so. It all leads to them threatening to stop watching The Mandolorian all together. Shades of Pedro Pascal abandoning set to complain to K. Kennedy... That guy sure has a following. I kid... or am I? 🤔

Continuing on. I think if it were up to me, I say stop watching if you must but with Disney... ehh... not the same. There’s the wish of wanting people to stop complaining over good content and realizing that one of the men responsible for the show was also the head of both TCW and Rebels. However, some folks just do not care for backstory and lore. The irony is that Star Wars is full of it and it’s beautiful.

‘Til then, I’m just enjoying the ride.
Where are you reading this?

A bit melodramatic, no?

I think 2 of us were talking about it. Unless I'm more powerful than I realize, they aren't going to change whatever vision they have for Mandalorian based on me not wanting to watch Clone Wars.

I love Science Fiction. Star Wars is one universe in it and I will spare it from destruction.
😉

I’m certain that neither you nor I were complaining about the episode or the character. More like asking “hey, can someone give a simple backstory so I don’t have to watch 8million cartoons to find out?” It wasn’t even that I thought it was a need to know, more of a ‘I’m curious and would like to know.’

21stamps

Love that I’ll get to play as Mando with Grogu (Baby Yoda) in tow this new season in Fortnite. It was inevitable after the previous Star Wars crossovers 😊

Oh,.. I didn’t know about this. Fortnite hasn't been played in my house lately.. I’m sure the kid will find out about this soon, though.
Mando and Baby Yoda are an upgrade from Travis Scott. 😂

Mike S

Oh,.. I didn’t know about this. Fortnite hasn't been played in my house lately.. I’m sure the kid will find out about this soon, though.
Mando and Baby Yoda are an upgrade from Travis Scott. 😂
I’m not a Travis Scott fan but the in game concert he had was really cool.

erasure fan1

My wife sent me a pic this morning of the skin. It was funny because we were talking at dinner last night about when mando would come to fortnite. Then BAM! The next morning it's here. Lol

erasure fan1

To be fair it was leaked like a week ago. My Imperial Stormtrooper will no longer be my only Star Wars skin lol
Surprisingly I hadn't seen it. Usually I see this kind of thing on one of the game sites I subscribe to. But honestly I haven't paid a lot of attention to fortnite lately.

doctornick

Yes, bringing up the same grievance again and again and again with the thinnest of rationale is simpleton.
Is every episode discussion going to be rehashing the same grievances from years ago?

One of the things I enjoy about The Mandalorian is the chance to just discuss and enjoy Star Wars without the annoying back and forth complaining about the franchise and Disney's ownership and the sequel trilogy. As someone who actually enjoyed the ST, even I was sick of it by Ep IX just because I was tired about all the arguments not because of the actual films.

Honestly, people can feel however they want about anything. But I beg everyone to not infest this thread with that crap. There are probably dozens of threads already on here that people can use if they want to complain but can we please please just keep the discussion here to the actual The Mandalorian show?

Princess Leia

Well, I logged into work this morning, aaaaaannnnd proceeded to watch the new episode because I couldn’t wait (also, hello all, I’m back).

What an episode. I felt literally every emotion. I have gone from “Well I hope Boba Fett is only a one episode cameo” to “this is amazing” (with a few swear words thrown in). The episode’s climax definitely happened 2 episodes sooner than I imagined, as I thought the season would end with Grogu being kidnapped. I guess we’ll be seeing his rescue in the finale.

This season has been incredible. I started watching Clone Wars a few months ago, and I’m in season 5 now. I’ve become a huge Ahsoka fan, and was literally crying when I watched her episode (I watched that one 3 times last Friday).

I think what works for the Mandalorian is that it’s enjoyable for both casual Star Wars fans and those of us that have watched the other shows. I introduced my dad to the show in September, and he’s really only a fan of the OT. He absolutely loves this show. Every Friday he asks me if we can watch the new episode, and I obviously say yes (even though I’ve already watched it). I really think he’s going to love the new one.

So, Grogu’s rescue team includes:
Din Djarin
Boba Fett
Fennec Shand
Cara Dune
Mayfeld (why???)
and even though they weren’t mentioned, I’m going to assume that Bo Katan or Ahsoka will be back.

The episode may have been the shortest, but I actually preferred the pacing. It didn’t feel like there were any unnecessary moments (unlike the season’s first couple episodes that could have used some cuts IMO). ‘The Jedi’ and ‘The Tragedy’ both had massive spoilers in their titles, but I will forgive that as they were two of the best episodes this show has had. I really hope Robert Rodriguez comes back to direct again, this was fantastic.

Robbiem

Another fantastic episode- looks like we’re building to a reverse climax to last year with mando rustling up a posse to rescue grogu rather than protect him from moff gideon.

I wonder if once his debt to mando is repaid we’ll get a boba & Fennec spin off show?

Who is going to answer grogu’s signal? Ezra Bridger is the most likely but it could be another jedi or maybe a sith/ex sith like Ventress

too many questions and another week to wait!!

BasiltheBatLord

It's kinda starting to lose me. One of the reasons I liked the series so much was cause it avoided a lot the pitfalls that the other Disney Star Wars stuff has fallen into so far, namely not being a rehash and not being too fan service-y. Mandalorian is kinda getting that way for me now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom