SPOILERS: She-Hulk Series on D+

doctornick

I wish this were a full network TV show with like 20-24 episodes. The episodes are fun but too short. I’d be fine with that if it were a ton of episodes but this feels like it will be ending before it even gets really rolling.

tcool123

I loved this episode! Plenty of laughs from me, and on social media people seemed to be loving this episode. The meta approach to addressing the hate She-Hulk was bound to receive both in the MCU and in real life, addressing the fight scene in Shang-Chi , Wong mentioning the events of No Way Home in passing, MEGAN THEE STALLION she was hilarious and the post credit scene had me cackling. I also enjoyed how last week they finally made mention of the events of Eternals, and set up easter eggs for Wolverine to debut.

I can get how this isn't for everybody, but personally I've been enjoying this show. Not my fave of the MCU shows so far that would be Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel buts it's up there alongside Hawkeye.

doctornick

I think the weirdest thing is all the edgelords proclaiming that the “problem” with the MCU now is that they are being too comedic as though that hasn’t been the MCU’s shtick for its entire existence. I mean the MCU has always been irreverent and not taking itself too seriously.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the weirdest thing is all the edgelords proclaiming that the “problem” with the MCU now is that they are being too comedic as though that hasn’t been the MCU’s shtick for its entire existence. I mean the MCU has always been irreverent and not taking itself too seriously.
Indeed, one of the main critiques of the MCU is that it keeps interrupting dramatic moments with quips and humor.

Comedy? With superheroes? That's CRINGE!!!

erasure fan1

I’d be fine with that if it were a ton of episodes but this feels like it will be ending before it even gets really rolling.
Welcome to D+ shows. Lol That is every series they have done.
I haven't seen too much with people complaining about it having comedy. One of the biggest reasons for the MCUs success over the DCEU is the comedy factor. It's made the MCU more accessible to the non comic fan. This show seems like they went straight up Sitcom. That's where the pushback is coming from what I've seen.

LSLS

Gotta say, I've enjoyed the series so far. But I thought this episode was HORRIBLE. It just felt so out of place. We started gearing towards a big bad guy trying to take her blood, and then we get the random one off, and a lawsuit to end it.

Vegas Disney Fan

Gotta say, I've enjoyed the series so far. But I thought this episode was HORRIBLE. It just felt so out of place. We started gearing towards a big bad guy trying to take her blood, and then we get the random one off, and a lawsuit to end it.
I found it humerus but it does seem odd, and a bit concerning, that in such a short series they had episodes to spare that seemingly did nothing to move the main story forward.

I also get the feeling the writers really don’t like men, they managed to get in every “guys are jerks” stereotype in one episode.

doctornick

I found it humerus but it does seem odd, and a bit concerning, that in such a short series they had episodes to spare that seemingly did nothing to move the main story forward.

I actually find it refreshing that the episodes are kind of “stand alone”. I just wish there were more of them because the show is conducive for a “monster of the week” format

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Well, that was... certainly something.

6 more till it's done, right?
It keeps getting worse.

I thought the first episode was terrible, but I stayed with it. Episode 2 was largely forgettable, but it was fine. I really enjoyed the Blonsky case in Episode 3, but thought all of the Megan Thee Stallion stuff was ham-fisted. Episode 4 was worse than Episode 1 for me. Really and truly horrible writing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom