SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not every Star Wars thread has to be a place to air grievances about Kathleen Kennedy.

Just saying.
Not every running joke needs to be highlighted…check the scoreboard on this.

unless she’s someone’s Irish aunt.

the reality is the whole thing is “curious”…at a minimum

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I can't imagine they would include him and never use him.

The dude is not a lovable Wookie at all. He was a surgically altered (bones in hands replaced with metal) gladiator turned bounty hunter. He also knows Boba Fett. It will be interesting to see if he holds his allegiance to the twins or if Boba tosses enough credits his way to get him to flip.
Now if he flips to be on Fetts side, that would be fantastic. Either way, hopefully he gets a couple epic fight scenes. I loved the reveal. He just walks out and kind of glares at the camera. You just know, even the people who didn't know him, he's gonna be a bad wookie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Watched the episode again…this time not half asleep.

the best part about this (and Mando did it too)…is a continuation of the OT look, feel and stories

post ROJ was always the way

Jon and Dave are doing just a really obvious formula here: Do what was always wanted

it’s just beyond explanation that it took this long. Ridiculous

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Watched the episode again…this time not half asleep.

the best part about this (and Mando did it too)…is a continuation of the OT look, feel and stories

post ROJ was always the way

Jon and Dave are doing just a really obvious formula here: Do what was always wanted

it’s just beyond explanation that it took this long. Ridiculous
I dare you to say you like something with even more anger!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dearest Kathleen, here's the secret code that I've decoded from twenty years on this forum:

Yay!!! It's like I remember and the thing I thought would happen did!

Boo!!! It's not what I remember and they didn't do the thing I thought they would.

Also- bE oRiGiNaL!!!
So you keep going…I see how that can be so tiresome 😴

erasure fan1

Dearest Kathleen, here's the secret code that I've decoded from twenty years on this forum:

Yay!!! It's like I remember and the thing I thought would happen did!

Boo!!! It's not what I remember and they didn't do the thing I thought they would.

Also- bE oRiGiNaL!!!
I don't think that is really fair. You can be original and still honor what came before. The main complaints that fans have with Kennedy are her lack of vision and her disregard for what came before. The sequels as an overall story, were a mess. The series is now just something for D+. The ip is in constant termoill where you've cancelled more films than you've made. And there's a revolving door of directors. The other really big reason she's not liked, is the environment of antagonation against the fans of the originals she created at Lucasfilm. She doesn't deserve the respect of the fans because she hasn't earned it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think that is really fair. You can be original and still honor what came before. The main complaints that fans have with Kennedy are her lack of vision and her disregard for what came before. The sequels as an overall story, were a mess. The series is now just something for D+. The ip is in constant termoill where you've cancelled more films than you've made. And there's a revolving door of directors. The other really big reason she's not liked, is the environment of antagonation against the fans of the originals she created at Lucasfilm. She doesn't deserve the respect of the fans because she hasn't earned it.
It’s laughable anything you just said is even debated. There seems to be about 3 people on the planet who debate it (and continually say they don’t want to debate it…for those keeping score in the program)

I’m not even sure how much KK is at fault? I think a lot of it might have been marching orders

1641556637677.jpeg

it seems clear (opinion) what they did: they just did something super lazy (ill advised) and decided to “recenter” what they thought a fan should be…and assumed what got the IP there would “be on board no matter what”…right up to the corner office of the dwarf house. They never understood it for one second…and it’s not this hard.

now back to Boba

sedati

Feel like we got all aspects of Robert Rodriguez's directing styles in one episode. As always, with Star Wars I need to give it a second viewing to really form an opinion (first is always butting against my expectations).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Feel like we got all aspects of Robert Rodriguez's directing styles in one episode. As always, with Star Wars I need to give it a second viewing to really form an opinion (first is always butting against my expectations).
Didn’t watch it yet…but just tell me: are we “building” on the second episode? Or regressing?

Robbiem

I liked the latest episode - really interesting to see a star wars version of teddy boys on their hover lambrettas!

I also think Temuera Morrison has done a great job in turning Boba into a real person. Its always going to be divisive though, boba was such a blank canvas in the movies that everyone has a different view of him and you are never going to please them. Its similar to how people saw anakin / vader before the prequels or Luke after RoTJ

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Liked this episode a lot more…the return of the Jedi images and references are just so much easier to enjoy

i don’t know why these guys aren’t running the whole franchise?

its time to let the past die…the recent past

erasure fan1

I liked the episode as well. The only issue I had was the special effects. That chase with the scooters and speeder just looked really amateur. It felt slow, was choppy and the bikes looked like tricked out motorized grocery carts. But seeing that Rancor.... Awesome! And the Black Krrsantan fight was great as well. It's funny how the original Jabba is still the best Hutt special effect. CG just doesn't do them justice. The twins look alright, but it still just looks off.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I liked the episode as well. The only issue I had was the special effects. That chase with the scooters and speeder just looked really amateur. It felt slow, was choppy and the bikes looked like tricked out motorized grocery carts. But seeing that Rancor.... Awesome! And the Black Krrsantan fight was great as well. It's funny how the original Jabba is still the best Hutt special effect. CG just doesn't do them justice. The twins look alright, but it still just looks off.

Screaming Technicolor Bikes... ride forever shiny and chrome.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Liked this episode a lot more…the return of the Jedi images and references are just so much easier to enjoy

i don’t know why these guys aren’t running the whole franchise?

its time to let the past die…the recent past

You know that Dave and Jon are legitimizing all the Star Wars stuff that some fans hate, right?

E.g., the cloning arc in The Bad Batch to make Palpatine's cloning a well established part of the canon rather than a bewildering plot point of Rise of Skywalker.

Everything they touch includes references to just about everything else ever done in Star Wars in an almost manic drive to be constantly referential.

I wonder if they could even legitimize mitochlorians.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You know that Dave and Jon are legitimizing all the Star Wars stuff that some fans hate, right?

E.g., the cloning arc in The Bad Batch to make Palpatine's cloning a well established part of the canon rather than a bewildering plot point of Rise of Skywalker.

Everything they touch includes references to just about everything else ever done in Star Wars in an almost manic drive to be constantly referential.

I wonder if they could even legitimize mitochlorians.
I’ll be the first to admit: damage control wouldn’t work/be necessary if it wasn’t so damaged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom