SPOILERS: Book of Boba Fett - Latest episodes

Wendy Pleakley

Well, a nose lizard induced spiritual journey certainly wasn't what I expected to be watching tonight.

Train heists are a pretty common trope and this one was well done. I appreciate that these shows, while not as elaborate as the films, still have a large sense of scale and first rate set pieces.

Forget the bus pretending to be a shuttle ferrying people from the Starcruiser to Galaxy's Edge. Guests should be carried to and fro on that Hutt thing (which was delightfully impractically absurd).

Wendy Pleakley

So the characters in the bar were two people cut from A New Hope.

1641446534714.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think the second episode was fun! Dances with Wolves followed by "guy wanders into a bar that's being terrorized by bikers" trope was funny, just need to add "in space" to make it work.

Easily digestible bits without any hard to swallow silliness such as mitochondrien or whills to interrupt the action.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the second episode was fun! Dances with Wolves followed by "guy wanders into a bar that's being terrorized by bikers" trope was funny, just need to add "in space" to make it work.

Easily digestible bits without any hard to swallow silliness such as mitochondrien or whills to interrupt the action.

Yeah, just your normal stuff like hallucinogenic brain lizards.

😉

I liked it.

erasure fan1

So happy to see Black Krrsantan make the jump from the comics to live-action. I hope he is not the last one we see.
I just hope we get to see him kicking some tail. One of the best parts of Solo was watching Chewbacca going nuts in the spice mines.

I will say, hopefully the people at Disney are paying attention to what Jon is doing wih star wars. You actually do have years and Years of content to pull from. You can also create new aliens and ideas, while keeping everything that people loved about star wars in the first place.

el_super

I waited to watch both episodes together and uh ... it's not really great. Boba Fett has always been such a weird character, because he got famous without really having much of a point to him. Watching these two episodes I wonder what really the "point" of telling his story is, but so far they haven't presented anything that seems at all that interesting to me. Is he trying to be good? Is he trying to be bad? Is he just trying to survive? Two episodes in and I don't think he's given us any clear indication one way or another.

I will admit that I was looking forward to some kind of mix of "good person does bad things" story... akin to Breaking Bad... but so far ... nope. I feel even the Mandolorian was able to hook me with the premise of a "Bounty of the Week" serial setup, but I don't see how that's really going to work out for Boba. Maybe in the next episode we can see his struggles of going to the local planning commission and requesting a variance or a conditional use permit. Also LOL on this universe having to completely rely on Tatooine as the bright center of the universe where EVERYTHING of importance happens.

Maybe Jon and Dave are trying to set this up to be a story told over 8 seasons... but I don't think it's going to last that long if it keeps this pacing up.

Maybe I will check back in at the end of the season. Maybe.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just hope we get to see him kicking some tail. One of the best parts of Solo was watching Chewbacca going nuts in the spice mines.

I will say, hopefully the people at Disney are paying attention to what Jon is doing wih star wars. You actually do have years and Years of content to pull from. You can also create new aliens and ideas, while keeping everything that people loved about star wars in the first place.
I can't imagine they would include him and never use him.

The dude is not a lovable Wookie at all. He was a surgically altered (bones in hands replaced with metal) gladiator turned bounty hunter. He also knows Boba Fett. It will be interesting to see if he holds his allegiance to the twins or if Boba tosses enough credits his way to get him to flip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Well…lots of rumors that they’re are going back to the empty well instead. Here’s hoping that’s wrong.
Still waiting on that official contract extension announcement…by the way 😎

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Still waiting on that official contract extension announcement…by the way 😎
Officially announcement or not, given that we're already almost a week into the new year its pretty clears her contract was extended. Otherwise there would have been so many reports coming out saying the renewal reports were false and that she is gone. Because you know so many would have loved to break that news to show they were false and she's really been kicked out. But that hasn't happened so its just best to move on and assume the reports were correct.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think Filoni's promotion was ever officially announced. When the Internet saw his new job title, they all ran with the "Breaking News!"... which was about four months old already.

So... I doubt there will ever be an "official" announcement.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Officially announcement or not, given that we're already almost a week into the new year its pretty clears her contract was extended. Otherwise there would have been so many reports coming out saying the renewal reports were false and that she is gone. Because you know so many would have loved to break that news to show they were false and she's really been kicked out. But that hasn't happened so its just best to move on and assume the reports were correct.

I don't think Filoni's promotion was ever officially announced. When the Internet saw his new job title, they all ran with the "Breaking News!"... which was about four months old already.

So... I doubt there will ever be an "official" announcement.
One would hope that there is a public show of support…in both cases.

but I’m sure Disney and LFL is busy doing…something 😂

it would take an intern at least 10 minutes to draft that, 2 minutes to approve it…and another 18 seconds to put it out on the wires

Disney Irish

Premium Member
One would hope that there is a public show of support…in both cases.

but I’m sure Disney and LFL is busy doing…something 😂

it would take an intern at least 10 minutes to draft that, 2 minutes to approve it…and another 18 seconds to put it out on the wires
Honestly does it really need an "official announcement" anyways. She's just continuing to do the job she was promoted to 10 years ago. The only time an official announcement would be needed would be if she was replaced or moved into a different position. The idea that a contract renewal needs an "official announcement" is silly. One should just assume she's still in the job until otherwise announced.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly does it really need an "official announcement" anyways. She's just continuing to do the job she was promoted to 10 years ago. The only time an official announcement would be needed would be if she was replaced or moved into a different position. The idea that a contract renewal needs an "official announcement" is silly. One should just assume she's still in the job until otherwise announced.
It doesn’t…but all these contract speculations seem to come from the Hollywood reporter. Which amblin has had on speed dial for 30 years

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It doesn’t…but all these contract speculations seem to come from the Hollywood reporter. Which amblin has had on speed dial for 30 years
So again, unless otherwise announced that she has been replaced or otherwise moved in the company, you should just assume she is still doing same job she's been in for 10 years, no announcement needed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So again, unless otherwise announced that she has been replaced or otherwise moved in the company, you should just assume she is still doing same job she's been in for 10 years, no announcement needed.
Never doubted it. I’m 100% sure any replacement WOULD have a presser

…well, Chapek is incompetent…so maybe like a 98% chance

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom