SPOILER: The Acolyte -- Disney+ Star Wars -- begins June 5, 2024

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The haircut wasn’t the problem

The 101% STUPID parent trap switcheroo was.

Way to go for shiny object on the bottom of the tree 🎄
Come on, they're twins, you knew there was going to be a Parent Trap type moment at some point.

My guess is that Sol saw through it and is just luring Mae into a trap.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its a twin trope, just like one twin being good while the other is evil, even if you don't condone it it was inevitable.
And still dumb…but common

Nobody honeslty ever mistakes a twin for another after about 2 seconds

If I have to suspend disbelief…I’d rather I’d be for something more consequential

C33Mom

Come on, they're twins, you knew there was going to be a Parent Trap type moment at some point.

My guess is that Sol saw through it and is just luring Mae into a trap.
I just don’t see Sol as being capable of leaving Osha behind on purpose.

I personally think it’s interesting that we’re not sure if Mae is deranged-stalker-twin evil, garden variety Sith evil, or maybe (unlikely?) just a devoted daughter and sister who got framed by Jedi. They have absolutely hinted at all three being possible, and my overall satisfaction with the series will be determined by whether or not they can resolve it coherently.

erasure fan1

I think most SW fans enjoy at least some of the recent stuff (Andor, Mando, BoBF, Ashoka, Acolyte) and many of us really like some of it but don’t care for other recent stuff at all. I think the SW universe is big enough to offer different things to different fan bases and I’d rather get some good, some decent, some garbage than nothing at all or only stuff that’s so safe it doesn’t risk offending anyone ever.
Oh I agree. My response was to the fans wouldn't want star wars to go on hiatus because of the merch aspect. My point was if star wars movies and tv stopped tomorrow, it really wouldn't affect the merch sales.
Do you have any evidence for the claim that “that merch didn’t really do all that well” for the Mandalorian series? I see Grogu/Mando stuff everywhere in the U.S. parks (being worn/carried more than I see it being sold) and a decent smattering of Ashoka stuff as well. I think I’ve seen more merch for both shows individually than I have for anything from the prequels collectively…though Darth Vader appears to be the king of merch based on prevalence in the parks, followed by a combination of Leia/Han/Chewbacca/Yoda/Rey/KyloRen (specific order seems to vary by day/season/event).
Yes I mentioned Mando as the one show that's had a big merchandise presence. I don't really have evidence, just going off what I see. I've collected toys since around 93', so I've spent more time in all types of stores than I care to admit. Lol

So my totally unscientific observation, the demand just isn't as high. I see lots of OT still demanded. But outside of Mando, nothing under Disney films and shows has been in the mainstream. You also mentioned Ashoka, but she's a hold over of the prequels. She was extremely popular well before Disney. Stores aren't really stocking much from Disney either. Sure you can go online and find it, but if it's really moving, store are going to have it at brick and mortar. See Grogu.

Phroobar

You might joke, but I have one on my star wars shelf in my bedroom. Lol
I was once given this

Star-Wars-Galaxy-s-Edge-Creatures-Jar-Jar-Binks-Plush_b562c72e-0998-43cc-8d2a-be3a6541e04e.babc734b784b2c95203aebd7604e4dff.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just don’t see Sol as being capable of leaving Osha behind on purpose.

I personally think it’s interesting that we’re not sure if Mae is deranged-stalker-twin evil, garden variety Sith evil, or maybe (unlikely?) just a devoted daughter and sister who got framed by Jedi. They have absolutely hinted at all three being possible, and my overall satisfaction with the series will be determined by whether or not they can resolve it coherently.
I don’t think he is leaving Osha, rather just luring Mae back to the ship to put her into custody.

We have seen him being capable of some type of mind reading ability. And so possible he read that she is Mae and that she didn’t kill Osha but just knocked her out. So wasn’t concerned about immediately going to save her and just finish the mission to capture Mae.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t think he is leaving Osha, rather just luring Mae back to the ship to put her into custody.

We have seen him being capable of some type of mind reading ability. And so possible he read that she is Mae and that she didn’t kill Osha but just knocked her out. So wasn’t concerned about immediately going to save her and just finish the mission to capture Mae.
You’re going way deeper on plot than anyone at LFL has since 2012

MerlinTheGoat

I think it's quite possible Sol just doesn't realize she's an imposter. It's equally plausible to me that he either doesn't suspect anything and didn't try to read her mind, or he actually can't read her mind due to her being able to block it.

Most powerful and well trained force wielders can read minds, both jedi and sith. And some individuals are particularly skilled with the ability. However, much like the mind trick, it's possible to resist it with a strong mind.

There was an episode of Clone Wars where the jedi attempt to extract information from Cad Bane's mind. It took the combined might of Anakin, Obi Wan and Mace Windu to "break" him. And even still, it technically didn't work. He just ended up relenting of his own free will due to pain.

It's even more difficult to read a force sensitive mind, especially if they're powerful and well trained. It's why Sidious was able to keep his identity a secret, despite being right under the jedi's noses with them actively searching for him. Same goes for the Sith as a whole for that millenia that they were thought extinct. Likewise, exceptionally powerful Sith have been shown to be able to read even powerful force sensitive minds. Generally with better success than Jedi.

That said, as strong as this new Sith seems to be, he didn't sense Mae's betrayal. Despite watching her pretty closely. Mae seems to have a mental barrier. It's plausible Sol can't break through it. Assuming he's even trying to read her mind. He may not have actually attempted it. Likewise, this goes two ways. This Sith has barriers in his mind as well. Neither Mae nor Sol realized who he was.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it's quite possible Sol just doesn't realize she's an imposter. It's equally plausible to me that he either doesn't suspect anything and didn't try to read her mind, or he actually can't read her mind due to her being able to block it.

Most powerful and well trained force wielders can read minds, both jedi and sith. And some individuals are particularly skilled with the ability. However, much like the mind trick, it's possible to resist it with a strong mind.

There was an episode of Clone Wars where the jedi attempt to extract information from Cad Bane's mind. It took the combined might of Anakin, Obi Wan and Mace Windu to "break" him. And even still, it technically didn't work. He just ended up relenting of his own free will due to pain.

It's even more difficult to read a force sensitive mind, especially if they're powerful and well trained. It's why Sidious was able to keep his identity a secret, despite being right under the jedi's noses with them actively searching for him. Same goes for the Sith as a whole for that millenia that they were thought extinct. Likewise, exceptionally powerful Sith have been shown to be able to read even powerful force sensitive minds. Generally with better success than Jedi.

That said, as strong as this new Sith seems to be, he didn't sense Mae's betrayal. Despite watching her pretty closely. Mae seems to have a mental barrier. It's plausible Sol can't break through it. Assuming he's even trying to read her mind. He may not have actually attempted it. Likewise, this goes two ways. This Sith has barriers in his mind as well. Neither Mae nor Sol realized who he was.
Certainly plausible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom