News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe "Late 2024" is when it arrives, as in closes? We won't know until it happens
No, opens in "Late 2024"...

The all-new adventure which will bring guests into the world of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ film “The Princess and the Frog” like never before is coming to Magic Kingdom in Florida and Disneyland park in California in late 2024.​

BTW, did you ever get back to your sources find out why they were wrong?...

Heard from insiders tonight: Splash remake is off due to Space being remade in Tokyo and the upcoming Tommorowland remake in California.

Apologies for the late reply, but allow me to expand on my previous post:
From what I was told, the desicion to redo Space in Tokyo killed remaking Splash over there for good, which in turn severely hurt Orlando (They wanted to have MK's Splash cloned there, but Tokyo told them to bug off) to the point of most likely killing their redo. Then California, IF what I heard was correct, was killed off by other projects taking presidence (Toontown, Tarzan, Tommorowland...)

I was also told that the fact Splash isn't changing wouldn't be announced publicly (It'd just kind of fade out) and that was due to trying to avoid a huge wave of backlash.

Dear Prudence

Interesting Twitter thread from Dave Ensign, i.e. Hoot from Horizons end-of-days backstage documentation fame. Not known for his ebullient praise of recent Disney moves, it seems he’s possibly heard some details of the makeover, and seems impressed.

Maybe he should.... sit this one out? 😂
1662048112793.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom