News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just leaving this here as a reminder

I know I've mentioned a few things on this thread that are slowly coming to fruition, like the time I mentioned log and water testing in early to mid February. Log testing is not far off. WDI and construction teams are adjusting a few things, then Bayou Adventure will be virtually ready for opening following the testing period. I've got a trip planned out to see a few friends and spend a few days at the parks in two weeks so I hope to see further testing and I'll definitely document it as I have been with DL's Bayou

As for DL, a few delays here and there, mostly internal work but crews are working day and night to get this thing ready for Thanksgiving 2024. Lots of trouble and work to be done

Just one more week! (iykyk)

kdnogh98.jpg
kdnogh98 (2).jpg

A construction update from the other day, forgive me if the photos aren't the highest quality that they should be. It was pouring rain and very windy so bare with me, but nonetheless the upper portion of the mountain is nearly complete. All that's left is texturing the rock work then application of the floral elements

kdnogh98 (5).jpg
kdnogh98 (6).jpg

Closer shots from the ground

kdnogh98 (7).jpg
kdnogh98 (8).jpg

The entrance barn is now fully covered in scaffolding and tarp as the older wood is slowly replaced and painted

kdnogh98 (10).jpg
kdnogh98 (11).jpg

The Old Mill waterwheel has now been fully replaced, a welcome change as that wood had been the same since installed back in 1988 and was so sundried it was insane. Also the "Y" bar and cross bar have also been completely replaced and are awaiting mesh and lathing

kdnogh98 (13).jpg
kdnogh98 (12).jpg

Permits have been filed to renovate the Briar Patch shop and the decorative carrots have been slowly removed. This wonderful sign's days are numbered and once removed will mean the total removal of ALL references to Splash Mountain within Disneyland

That's the update for now but I'll have more to share in the coming weeks

Fox&Hound

Thought it may be fun to list out what I hope this ride can achieve or do, which will ensure I enjoy the attraction, and see it as a worthy successor to Splash.

• Fun, catchy songs and musical score.
  • Beautiful scenery, richly detailed.
  • Impressive AA's, with plenty of simpler figures as well. Does not necessarily need to be as many as original Splash, but I would still like it to feel full of life. Really comes down to staging.
  • Special effects that are impressive and theatrical.
  • Fireflies. Fireflies everywhere.
  • An easy to follow storyline.
  • Just plain fun.

What do you need for this ride to be a success?
Yes to fireflies. 100%

zipadee999

If Facilier shows up, it would be cute if one of his lines is "Time to be turning around. If only you could"
The scream that plays on the drop to the laughing place sounds enough like Louis that they could keep that.
Or maybe a small prop is hidden somewhere like Br'er Fox's book or Br'er Rabbit's sack
I can see some references and callbacks to old lines. As we leave a scene maybe Tiana will say “time to be moving along.”

I think that it’s somewhat likely they might keep the laughin place drop audio as it’s ambiguous enough that it could be any character screaming.

Some character staging might also be done in a certain way to reference splash. They could easily keep the hole next to the laughin place drop where brer bear was mooning us and stick Louis in there doing the same thing.

Aside from the background and side characters maybe bring recycled, I can also see them keeping just one of the Mr Bluebirds and sticking him on a branch in the background somewhere.

At first it seemed like they would avoid any references to the greatness that came before like the plague, but if I remember correctly I think one of the interviews (maybe the NOLA one) alluded that we can expect some Easter eggs

Surferboy567

I can see some references and callbacks to old lines. As we leave a scene maybe Tiana will say “time to be moving along.”

I think that it’s somewhat likely they might keep the laughin place drop audio as it’s ambiguous enough that it could be any character screaming.

Some character staging might also be done in a certain way to reference splash. They could easily keep the hole next to the laughin place drop where brer bear was mooning us and stick Louis in there doing the same thing.

Aside from the background and side characters maybe bring recycled, I can also see them keeping just one of the Mr Bluebirds and sticking him on a branch in the background somewhere.

At first it seemed like they would avoid any references to the greatness that came before like the plague, but if I remember correctly I think one of the interviews (maybe the NOLA one) alluded that we can expect some Easter eggs
The tour they gave indicated that Easter eggs are present in Tiana’s. Let’s see how true that ends up being. They were only allowed up until Laughin Place when their tour ended.

FettFan

Mardi Gras is next Tuesday…just saying for no particular reason.

Sudden influx of Louisiana guests who scram to get the hell out of Dodge because of the sudden influx outlanders who descend upon us to get drunk, bare their necessities for fake jewelry, urinate in public, and tear up our town for four days.

They’re like the most obnoxious houseguests ever.

I myself will be in Nassau for Fat Tuesday…but coming back Saturday and Sunday afterwards to hit Epcot for FOA and Magic Kingdom for a Just Married button.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Just leaving this here as a reminder

I know I've mentioned a few things on this thread that are slowly coming to fruition, like the time I mentioned log and water testing in early to mid February. Log testing is not far off. WDI and construction teams are adjusting a few things, then Bayou Adventure will be virtually ready for opening following the testing period. I've got a trip planned out to see a few friends and spend a few days at the parks in two weeks so I hope to see further testing and I'll definitely document it as I have been with DL's Bayou

As for DL, a few delays here and there, mostly internal work but crews are working day and night to get this thing ready for Thanksgiving 2024. Lots of trouble and work to be done

Just one more week! (iykyk)

View attachment 767027View attachment 767028

A construction update from the other day, forgive me if the photos aren't the highest quality that they should be. It was pouring rain and very windy so bare with me, but nonetheless the upper portion of the mountain is nearly complete. All that's left is texturing the rock work then application of the floral elements

View attachment 767029View attachment 767030

Closer shots from the ground

View attachment 767031View attachment 767032

The entrance barn is now fully covered in scaffolding and tarp as the older wood is slowly replaced and painted

View attachment 767033View attachment 767034

The Old Mill waterwheel has now been fully replaced, a welcome change as that wood had been the same since installed back in 1988 and was so sundried it was insane. Also the "Y" bar and cross bar have also been completely replaced and are awaiting mesh and lathing

View attachment 767036View attachment 767035

Permits have been filed to renovate the Briar Patch shop and the decorative carrots have been slowly removed. This wonderful sign's days are numbered and once removed will mean the total removal of ALL references to Splash Mountain within Disneyland

That's the update for now but I'll have more to share in the coming weeks
I hope the sign gets tagged for the archives, it's too good to just throw away.

zipadee999

I hope the sign gets tagged for the archives, it's too good to just throw away.
I hope they send a lot to archive. All I know of thus far is the Three Brers statue from MK, the marquee sign from Disneyland, and the first Brer Rabbit from Disneyland. I hope more of the Brer animatronics made it into the archives. If they take a single animatronic of each of the main trio from both versions into the archive I’d be happy

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I hope they send a lot to archive. All I know of thus far is the Three Brers statue from MK, the marquee sign from Disneyland, and the first Brer Rabbit from Disneyland. I hope more of the Brer animatronics made it into the archives. If they take a single animatronic of each of the main trio from both versions into the archive I’d be happy
Haven't heard anything about the Br'er Statue going to archive. As for the other Br'ers, I don't believe any Br'er Foxs or Br'er Bears were archived, at least from DL. I heard that WDW's figures were mostly tossed due to being in such bad shape they weren't worth salvaging.

yensidtlaw1969

People tend to vastly overestimate the amount of stuff that gets sent to the Disney Archives.

Space is finite and the company is sprawling. Most things, by a massive percentage, are not deemed historically significant enough for private internal preservation. Especially objects that exist in three dimensions.

I would suspect a handful of things to have been collected from Splash, but it would be very safe to assume anything that hasn't been taken yet is not going to the Archives.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

People tend to vastly overestimate the amount of stuff that gets sent to the Disney Archives.

Space is finite and the company is sprawling. Most things, by a massive percentage, are not deemed historically significant enough for private internal preservation. Especially objects that exist in three dimensions.
At the very least I would've archived the best animatronics of the Br'er characters, as in the ones that show the most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom