News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuddenStorm

I hope they send a lot to archive. All I know of thus far is the Three Brers statue from MK, the marquee sign from Disneyland, and the first Brer Rabbit from Disneyland. I hope more of the Brer animatronics made it into the archives. If they take a single animatronic of each of the main trio from both versions into the archive I’d be happy

They should have kept everything from the ride, as a contingency for the new ride being lackluster.

SuddenStorm

People tend to vastly overestimate the amount of stuff that gets sent to the Disney Archives.

Space is finite and the company is sprawling. Most things, by a massive percentage, are not deemed historically significant enough for private internal preservation. Especially objects that exist in three dimensions.

I would suspect a handful of things to have been collected from Splash, but it would be very safe to assume anything that hasn't been taken yet is not going to the Archives.

Plus, some stuff gets kept backstage in break areas and cafeterias and offices.

trainplane3

People tend to vastly overestimate the amount of stuff that gets sent to the Disney Archives.

Space is finite and the company is sprawling. Most things, by a massive percentage, are not deemed historically significant enough for private internal preservation. Especially objects that exist in three dimensions.

I would suspect a handful of things to have been collected from Splash, but it would be very safe to assume anything that hasn't been taken yet is not going to the Archives.
At the very least I would've archived the best animatronics of the Br'er characters, as in the ones that show the most of them.
I've heard some AAs have ended up with various people in WDI.

Which makes sense since everything in the new ride is probably servo based and anything that was hydraulic is gone.

And a side note with the archives, they usually don't even know everything they have.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've heard some AAs have ended up with various people in WDI.

Which makes sense since everything in the new ride is probably servo based and anything that was hydraulic is gone.

And a side note with the archives, they usually don't even know everything they have.
Not sure what you'd want to do with a AA of Brer Bear posed like this....
Splash-Mountain_Full_50051.jpg

But,
whatever-you-say.gif

donaldtoo

I was a CM at our local mall Disney Store (long since gone) for 4+ years from ‘09-‘13, including 1+ year as a Lead Manager.
It was one of the old “pink and green” Stores with big fig scenes above the 7’ (or was it 8’…? 🤔) line. Dumbo, 101 Dalmatians, Pinocchio, etc.
All broken product, recalled product, old displays/fixtures, etc., by corporate decree, were to be stored until taken out back to the crusher to be destroyed.
The crushing/destruction also had to be witnessed by at least one Manager and another regular CM.
We had a display there next to the box office (cash wrap) at one point that had gift cards and Park passes for both WDW and DLR.
We got word from corporate that we would no longer be carrying any Park passes, and the gift cards would be in drawers behind the box office. The display was to be destroyed.
The display had a castle atop it that the Store Manager always knew I liked. As we were disassembling it, she said to me “Take this out to your car right now, and don’t say a word…!!!” I just smiled, and did as directed.
I gave it to our oldest daughter, and she used it in both of our granddaughters nurseries…sorry, not sorry…!!!!! :D:hilarious::inlove::happy:

E741E727-EF19-41EB-A686-1BE60EBA32F3.jpeg
D27D7CDE-FBE6-4638-B3A2-E68E1556CCFD.jpeg

Alanzo

I was a CM at our local mall Disney Store (long since gone) for 4+ years from ‘09-‘13, including 1+ year as a Lead Manager.
It was one of the old “pink and green” Stores with big fig scenes above the 7’ (or was it 8’…? 🤔) line. Dumbo, 101 Dalmatians, Pinocchio, etc.
All broken product, recalled product, old displays/fixtures, etc., by corporate decree, were to be stored until taken out back to the crusher to be destroyed.
The crushing/destruction also had to be witnessed by at least one Manager and another regular CM.
We had a display there next to the box office (cash wrap) at one point that had gift cards and Park passes for both WDW and DLR.
We got word from corporate that we would no longer be carrying any Park passes, and the gift cards would be in drawers behind the box office. The display was to be destroyed.
The display had a castle atop it that the Store Manager always knew I liked. As we were disassembling it, she said to me “Take this out to your car right now, and don’t say a word…!!!” I just smiled, and did as directed.
I gave it to our oldest daughter, and she used it in both of our granddaughters nurseries…sorry, not sorry…!!!!! :D:hilarious::inlove::happy:

View attachment 768502View attachment 768503
Absolutely beautiful.

Can’t believe Disney got rid of the riverboat, Tiana could have gone in between pirates and mansion at disneyland and I wouldn’t have put a patf ride in Florida since it’s right next to/is in a bayou, so it would be too redundant.

PatF should have replaced TSI. Complete with the Riverboat.
That was the similar reason for not including Pirates at opening and we all know how well that turned out :)
@Basil of Baker Street, A YouTuber did a blue sky concept of replacing Tom Sawyer Island in Florida with a Tiana replacement, but I can’t link it cuz I just started here, and I only know how to type and put pictures on. I think its in the Walterneering from the DSNY newscast channel.

@Rich Brownn, I would agree, on the construction updates forum, someone said that PatF didn’t do well at the box office, so I feel like Tiana should have a small rep in the parks.

Dear Prudence

Just leaving this here as a reminder

I know I've mentioned a few things on this thread that are slowly coming to fruition, like the time I mentioned log and water testing in early to mid February. Log testing is not far off. WDI and construction teams are adjusting a few things, then Bayou Adventure will be virtually ready for opening following the testing period. I've got a trip planned out to see a few friends and spend a few days at the parks in two weeks so I hope to see further testing and I'll definitely document it as I have been with DL's Bayou

As for DL, a few delays here and there, mostly internal work but crews are working day and night to get this thing ready for Thanksgiving 2024. Lots of trouble and work to be done

Just one more week! (iykyk)

View attachment 767027View attachment 767028

A construction update from the other day, forgive me if the photos aren't the highest quality that they should be. It was pouring rain and very windy so bare with me, but nonetheless the upper portion of the mountain is nearly complete. All that's left is texturing the rock work then application of the floral elements

View attachment 767029View attachment 767030

Closer shots from the ground

View attachment 767031View attachment 767032

The entrance barn is now fully covered in scaffolding and tarp as the older wood is slowly replaced and painted

View attachment 767033View attachment 767034

The Old Mill waterwheel has now been fully replaced, a welcome change as that wood had been the same since installed back in 1988 and was so sundried it was insane. Also the "Y" bar and cross bar have also been completely replaced and are awaiting mesh and lathing

View attachment 767036View attachment 767035

Permits have been filed to renovate the Briar Patch shop and the decorative carrots have been slowly removed. This wonderful sign's days are numbered and once removed will mean the total removal of ALL references to Splash Mountain within Disneyland

That's the update for now but I'll have more to share in the coming weeks
Nothing like a good Memory Hole, I guess. Lol.

Rich Brownn

@Basil of Baker Street, A YouTuber did a blue sky concept of replacing Tom Sawyer Island in Florida with a Tiana replacement, but I can’t link it cuz I just started here, and I only know how to type and put pictures on. I think its in the Walterneering from the DSNY newscast channel.

@Rich Brownn, I would agree, on the construction updates forum, someone said that PatF didn’t do well at the box office, so I feel like Tiana should have a small rep in the parks.
It did well at the box-office, just not extraordinarily well, which is how Disney was judging things back then. It was the 5th highest grossing film of the year. It also came at the end of a string of animated flops (including Treasure Planet which was a box office disaster). So it did well compared to other hand drawn at the time. The producers felt the title (the word 'Princess') and competing against Avatar which opened the next week hurt the box-office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom