News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midwest Elitist

I grew up in the UK, where the Song of the South was also available on video. I had a copy and watched it frequently. Knowledge of the film among the general public, however, was negligible. Only one of my friends had seen it, and I never heard it referred to by anyone else.
I think Disney actually Streisand Effected themselves (like all clueless entities do) and more people will look into the film. Heck, I did after all this news.

celluloid

I live here and have never met any non-online Japanese Disney fan who has ever seen or heard of SotS the film. Not saying my anecdotal experience is total, but given the merchandising of Disney characters here I would expect to see more if it really was a known IP outside of Splash Mountain.

Actually, within Japan last year it has entered the public domain just recently in 2021. Before that it had Blu Ray Releases and various others over the years.

Living there, you also know that even if the context was known, it is not a societal thing to change based on the possible offense. That is not Japanese.

To your anecdotal, don't confuse classic with popular. Most HS students I talk to these days have no idea what The Great Gatsby or Alas Babylon are, but they are great classic works none the less.

Also, there is evidence that, it is not the reason Disney is changing it either. As if it was such a quick to end thing, you won't station Photopass there so guests can celebrate their final day in
front of the sign with the main character on it.

celluloid

Regardless of your thoughts on the retheme, criticizing a woman for covering her hair before the big splash on a flume ride is... strange behavior. But that seems to be the norm with some of you.

Anyone who thought they should ride the ride to do what they seem to be doing on its last day of operating when paying guests were wanting their last moments with it deserves a jab though. It is not like they insulted her family.

Anyone who thought they should ride the ride to do what they seem to be doing on its last day of operating when paying guests were wanting their last moments with it deserves a jab though. It is not like they insulted her family.
It was 1 boat.

Regardless, based on the news article, it seems they rode it 4 days ago, as the article mentions Splash having significant downtime in the morning the day the author rode. Which didn't occur today.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

The bayou is a good fit, even with the lack of mountains, to what’s already there but I lost any hope as soon as they issued the D23 press release. Floating down the bayou sounds beautiful and exciting, going through farming caves from an employee owned food co-op sounds horrible and boring.

The Princess and the Frog has massive potential, unfortunately it sounds like they’re planning on ignoring the movie and going with a food co-op idea loosely based on Tianas restaurant instead. The idea sounds horrible.
I get the sense that the queue and exterior will be where most of the food co-op related scenery is located. With the interior being more focused on the scenic bayou and instrument-playing animals. At least that seems like what the models and artwork indicate.

The models also show Mama Odie's colored bottles inside the cave at the peak of the final lift, so at least part of that is probably dedicated to her and her home.

ToTBellHop

I get the sense that the queue and exterior will be where most of the food co-op related scenery is located. With the interior being more focused on the scenic bayou and instrument-playing animals. At least that seems like what the models and artwork indicate.

The models also show Mama Odie's colored bottles inside the cave at the peak of the final lift, so at least part of that is probably dedicated to her and her home.
Well, I presume we get the next 18 to speculate with no knowledge until the DPB posts with on-ride photos begin.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do we know when the Tiana series is supposed to come out this year? I know it was meant to come out in 2023. I think the show would give us some insight as to what the new version of the ride would be like.
It's now 2024.

A first look of Tiana was revealed in 2021,[125] with the series originally scheduled to release in 2022.[128][129] The release date was later changed to 2023[130] and eventually 2024.[131]

1674445050112.png

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Mama Odie's new home, the hollowed out remains of a salt mine worked at by former slaves.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Smith is responsible for "guiding global relevance assessments to identify issues and address concerns; advises on content to make sure Disney's stories, characters, products, and experiences are culturally accurate, authentic, inclusive and devoid of stereotypes; diversifies external partnerships and collaborations, and ensures thoughtful representation and engagement throughout the creative development process," according to her corporate bio.

So she knows how to design a good ride I hope ?
People bring different skills and expertise to a multi-media project. She's not going to be telling WDI which mechanisms to use in an AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom