News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasiltheBatLord

I accepted this long ago and it's still unresolved given the CA ride still open. But the decision to close this ride really changed my feelings towards TWDC and the parks forever. It was a big push towards me realizing that I'm getting old and the current form of the parks are not really for me anymore. Probably many generations of parks fans before me have felt the same.

At least we still have Tokyo (for now).

Disney Analyst

Now that Splash has dearly departed, and we are gathered around this fire, I can share some fond memories.

It was circa 2013, the summer of my ICP, where I worked in Magic Kingdom Stands East. I spent many a grand day and evening in the Magic Kingdom on days off, or after a shift.

Two of those happy memories:

• Get evacuated off the ride. Only ride this is happened to me on. Was so cool to get walked off.
  • Riding in the evening (post fireworks, around the second performance of MSEP). It was usually dead at this time, and my friends and I wouldn’t even have to unload. I think we rode it three times in a row one evening. So fun.

It was a grand ol’ time, but every story has an end. I look forward to the next iteration of this attraction, and I truly hope WDI goes all out, and ensures it’s a worthy replacement.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Snapchat-1775707645.jpg

Mickeynerd17

I used to be terrified of this ride. I'm so happy I learned to love it before it closed. The memories, and home videos I've taken, will be cherished forever.

Rest in peace to this legendary attraction. It's earned a place among the lost classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom