News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Incomudro

In that case, Justin Wilson with his "How Y'all Are Cajun Seasoning" has a lot more personality than Tiana and her "Foods".

It's not so much her name that makes it sound kind of amusing to me, but the very literal and boring "foods" after it. It sounds like if she started a fashion brand it would be called Tiana's Clothes.
Yeah, "foods" is likely part of what makes this sound so bad.
It sounds like a giant corporation, like Kraft Foods - rather than a personal thing like we would imagine being linked to Tiana.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not sure why it keeps striking me as kind of hilarious how unimaginative Tiana is when it comes to naming things.

She has Tiana's Place, now Tiana's Foods and I imagine her house has a sign reading Tiana's House out the front and everything in her pantry is labelled Tiana's paprika, Tiana's oregano, Tiana's garlic powder, etc.
Have you heard of a guy named 'Disney' and the naming conventions of his company ?

Sir_Cliff

Have you heard of a guy named 'Disney' and the naming conventions of his company ?
He didn't call his movies Walt's Movie, Walt's Second Movie, etc. and his theme parks Walt's Theme Park, Walt's Florida Theme Park, etc.!

It's the "Foods" that makes it sound so unimaginative. Anyway, not really a serious issue, just tickles me for some reason every time I see that name!

Dear Prudence

This was brought up in the DL thread, but is it possible California's closing got moved not only for Toontown but given Indiana Jones and a couple other big rides are down for long refurbs until the spring. Magic Kingdom as far as I know, doesn't have many, if any, high scale attractions down, so closing Splash would be like it's regular rehab time.
But will they ACTUALLY fix Indy?!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
4) The “sewage canal” on the sidewalks in Liberty Square…HISTORICALLY ACCURATE because that’s the way sewage was handled during colonial times.

There’s 4 examples of historical accuracy NOT thematic richness…not “Disneyfied”
I've read that the middle of the road was originally cobblestone to be 'rustic' but repealed by 'dirt' concrete because the cobblestone was problematic.

Also there's a Mississippi river boat port right there in Philadelphia.

Poseidon Quest

...are rumored to be selling off select assets to Apple (NOT the whole company as was rumored by YouTube talking heads last week, but I’m fairly certain that 20th Century Animation and Searchlight Pictures will be sold off).

That's interesting and it would make sense for a scenario for that to happen. Are there any sources that elaborate on this rumor though? I hadn't heard it among all of the nonsense, but it would actually make a lot of business sense.

Smiley/OCD

This was brought up in the DL thread, but is it possible California's closing got moved not only for Toontown but given Indiana Jones and a couple other big rides are down for long refurbs until the spring. Magic Kingdom as far as I know, doesn't have many, if any, high scale attractions down, so closing Splash would be like it's regular rehab time.
I know it is the slow(er) time of the year, but until Tron opens, you will have probably the biggest E ticket down for the changeover. At the very least, they should have delayed the closing of Splash by a few weeks and sped up the opening of Tron so it would’ve been a “seamless” E ticket transition…just my .02

thomas998

But will they ACTUALLY fix Indy?!
I'm guessing Indy will open near the opening of the last Indy film, probably have the female Indy character stuck in random places in it like they did Captain Jack in Pirates ride.... but unless they make some major changes in how the ride actually operates I'm betting it will still have lots of down time all the time it is supposedly open for business.

TwilightZone

Kraft sponsored The Land....
The land sponsored by tiana foods...
Disgusted Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Technically, Disney’s broke and that’s why they ousted Chapek, are on a hiring freeze, and are rumored to be selling off select assets to Apple (NOT the whole company as was rumored by YouTube talking heads last week, but I’m fairly certain that 20th Century Animation and Searchlight Pictures will be sold off).

But that’s not really because of “woke”….it’s because Bob Iger went all supermarket sweep with the company credit card.
Don’t forget about 20th Century Studios. That’s also a big deal.

EPCOT-O.G.

Technically, Disney’s broke and that’s why they ousted Chapek, are on a hiring freeze, and are rumored to be selling off select assets to Apple (NOT the whole company as was rumored by YouTube talking heads last week, but I’m fairly certain that 20th Century Animation and Searchlight Pictures will be sold off).

But that’s not really because of “woke”….it’s because Bob Iger went all supermarket sweep with the company credit card.
The Fox deal was one of Iger’s biggest acquisitions. While they’ve been terrible at incorporating those assets and IP, I can’t see him selling it off now.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Rode today for the last time. Don't get me wrong - I have 3 more MK visits planned this trip, but I cannot let this version be my lasting memory of Splash Mountain, so I'm done. About half the animatronics and other effects work. The audio was jacked up. They aren't doing routine maintenance. Whomever let it fall into the horrible show it is now needs to be given a good old fashioned whipping.

RIP Splash Mountain. I loved you.

OTOH, I told my daughter today about the retheme. Tiana is her favorite princess, so she's excited. And fortunately for her, she's 7, so she won't have detailed memories of Splash to compare it to...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom