Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

Well there’s an easy way to tell. If they are making the decision based on petitions and there’s one out there with triple the signatures to keep Splash unchanged, then the ride will remain as it is. We just wait and see.

Petition aside, do you really think Disney’s decision had nothing to do with current climate and backlash?

21stamps

I’ve missed several pages, have we yet heard from anyone who was offended or even uncomfortable with Splash Mountain?

21stamps

Just read this on twitter..
I don’t know how anyone thinks the Splash announcement wasn’t due to current agendas and fear. We’re seeing it everywhere.

kong1802

No-one is denying that the timing of the announcement is related to current events. I think pretty much everyone here is in agreement on that.

To state again, as I think everyone has said it at least once...

I think WDW did plan on re-theming it. But not tomorrow. Not this year. Probably not for another 2 years at least (which is still when it looks like it will happen).

However, with current events, they went ahead and announced it.

At least I think I've stated that...

Brer Panther

I’ve missed several pages, have we yet heard from anyone who was offended or even uncomfortable with Splash Mountain?
To my knowledge, no.

Point 2 reaffirms that they're using the movie for reasons other than its success, which is pretty evident.
If success wasn't the only thing that mattered to Disney when it came to making rides based on animated movies, we would've actually gotten that Atlantis Submarine Voyage retheme.

kong1802

Ah, so you just reach for excuses to avoid anything that may give a different perspective, when one excuse fails, grab the next. Got it.

Its either that, or I don't need to read people's opinion pieces that are written on very biased platforms........

I mean, might as well let Trump make my mind up for me.......

I like to look at facts and make my own mind up.

Or have a discourse on it. Not read slanted opinion pieces......

Thanks for sharing it though.

Now if the national inquirer puts a piece out, let me know!

21stamps

The NYP is trash.
Its either that, or I don't need to read people's opinion pieces that are written on very biased platforms........

I mean, might as well let Trump make my mind up for me.......

I like to look at facts and make my own mind up.

Or have a discourse on it. Not read slanted opinion pieces......

Thanks for sharing it though.

Now if the national inquirer puts a piece out, let me know!

It wasn’t a New York Post article, as clearly written and linked. 🤦‍♀️ However, it is a conservative paper.. you don’t have to read it.. no one has to.. but simply saying “Personally, I won’t read it.” is better than making strange excuses.
Sometimes I want to read something, sometimes I don’t, but I do not discard something strictly for the fact that it comes from a liberal leaning publication. I see the content first. To each their own. :)
Carry on.

ImperfectPixie

It wasn’t a New York Post article, as clearly written and linked. 🤦‍♀️ However, it is a conservative paper.. you don’t have to read it.. no one has to.. but simply saying “Personally, I won’t read it.” is better than making strange excuses.
Carry on.
The author of the article is the op-ed editor for the Post. There's a connection there.

LittleBuford

Here’s the article, without the twitter link. Result is the same.

I read it. These two paragraphs sum up the author's argument:

But when national institutions bow (or kneel) to the street fighters’ demands, it should tell us that something else is going on. We aren’t dealing with a Maoist or Marxist revolt, even if some protagonists spout hard-leftish rhetoric. Rather, what’s playing out is a counter-revolution of the neoliberal class — academe, media, large corporations, ‘experts’, Big Tech — against the nationalist revolution launched in 2016. The supposed insurgents and the elites are marching in the streets together, taking the knee together.​
They do not seek a radically new arrangement, but a return to the pre-Trump, pre-Brexit status quo ante which was working out very well for them. It was, of course, working out less well for the working class of all races, who bore the brunt of their preferred policy mix: open borders, free trade without limits, an aggressive cultural liberalism that corroded tradition and community, technocratic ‘global governance’ that neutered democracy and politics as such.​

But how does any of this relate to Splash Mountain?

ImperfectPixie

I read it. These two paragraphs sum up the author's argument:

But when national institutions bow (or kneel) to the street fighters’ demands, it should tell us that something else is going on. We aren’t dealing with a Maoist or Marxist revolt, even if some protagonists spout hard-leftish rhetoric. Rather, what’s playing out is a counter-revolution of the neoliberal class — academe, media, large corporations, ‘experts’, Big Tech — against the nationalist revolution launched in 2016. The supposed insurgents and the elites are marching in the streets together, taking the knee together.​
They do not seek a radically new arrangement, but a return to the pre-Trump, pre-Brexit status quo ante which was working out very well for them. It was, of course, working out less well for the working class of all races, who bore the brunt of their preferred policy mix: open borders, free trade without limits, an aggressive cultural liberalism that corroded tradition and community, technocratic ‘global governance’ that neutered democracy and politics as such.​

But how does any of this relate to Splash Mountain?
It doesn't. At all.

kong1802

Sometimes I want to read something, sometimes I don’t, but I do not discard something strictly for the fact that it comes from a liberal leaning publication. I see the content first. To each their own. :)
Carry on.

When the author is the co-editor of a publication like the NY Post, I'll safely pass.....

Now if the author writes or edits for a more reputable publication like say Cat Weekly, Im all in....

And there's a difference between "leaning" and "all in on the crazy" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom