Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate F

He knows I can see it. He even made a jab about me wanting to end my life. Yeah, I’m not mentally well. I probably shouldn’t be spending time on Twitter, but you don’t know what’s wrong with me, or what’s happened to me.

But I can’t confront him about it for even disagreeing with him or feeling hurt by his words because he would try to end my life as I know
I’m so sorry, that’s terrible. No matter what side you’re on, nobody deserves to be treated like that.

21stamps

Here it is

And here’s the other one

I just checked out his page. The guy sounds full of hate, desperate for attention, need to be a victim..basically quite unstable.

Anyway..,My avatar had a lyric for everything..;)

Don't let no one get you down
Keep movin' on higher ground
Keep flying until
You are the king of the hill
No force of nature can break
Your will to self motivate

Chi84

Premium Member
I just want to say that Splash fans, at least the ones I’ve come across, are some of the nicest, most reasonable people the Disney fanbase has to offer. I’ve never gotten the impression from any Splash fan that they think black people are inferior.
Yep. We're really doing a great job of patting ourselves on the back for not being racist.

thomas998

What point am I missing exactly? I posted it because people paint Splash defenders as racists.
Woke warriors fling the racist word as freely as monkeys fling feces, only I think the monkeys have a better understanding of what they are doing than the woke warriors. Those clueless warriors just use the word as a catchall for anyone that doesn't believe what they believe.

Last edited:

Kate F

You don't get some kind of weird credit for not thinking black people are inferior.
I only felt the need to say that because of how Splash fans are painted. Although I can see how that might have come across in a displeasing way.

IMFearless

Here’s a much better idea Disney, I know you’re reading this:

1. A Princess and the Frog ride does not naturally fit in Frontierland, the location is slap bang between Peco Bills and Big Thunder.

2. Wouldn‘t it be better if Tiana takes you on the Liberty Bell river boat around the back of Tom Sawyer’s Island (as a short preshow of sorts). This could work similarly to Enchanted Tales with Belle, allowing a fairly large number of guests to interact with Tiana Up close but with a natural time limit built into the experience (cheaper).

3. The Liberty Bell docks at a 2nd North Dock area, where guests disembarked to an expansion pad on which the ride and Tiana’s restaurant is located.

4. An additional train station could be incorporated into the design of the area, giving guests a different way to get there and or travel back.

This scheme would truly be an addition to the Magic Kingdom of which everyone would be delighted, and beloved Splash Mountain could remain untouched.

I have even made you blueprints 🤔

Attachments

• B879F2E8-41F2-41CA-9B72-0508B218D728.jpeg
    B879F2E8-41F2-41CA-9B72-0508B218D728.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 66

aw14

Here’s a much better idea Disney, I know you’re reading this:

1. A Princess and the Frog ride does not naturally fit in Frontierland, the location is slap bang between Peco Bills and Big Thunder.

2. Wouldn‘t it be better if Tiana takes you on the Liberty Bell river boat around the back of Tom Sawyer’s Island (as a short preshow of sorts). This could work similarly to Enchanted Tales with Belle, allowing a fairly large number of guests to interact with Tiana Up close but with a natural time limit built into the experience (cheaper).

3. The Liberty Bell docks at a 2nd North Dock area, where guests disembarked to an expansion pad on which the ride and Tiana’s restaurant is located.

4. An additional train station could be incorporated into the design of the area, giving guests a different way to get there and or travel back.

This scheme would truly be an addition to the Magic Kingdom of which everyone would be delighted, and beloved Splash Mountain could remain untouched.

I have even made you blueprints 🤔
Of course this is a better option- but you’re forgetting, Splash Mountain is a terribly Racist ride & needs to be overrated ASAP. Especially by the lone black princess based off a European, white princess. 🙄

At the end of it- decisions seem to be based on, when in doubt, racism.

thomas998

I use something called common sense. The phrasing of the chorus is too close to be coincidental. I know anyone who likes the song will just choose willful ignorance.
Try to sing Zip-a-dee-doo-dah to the tune of Turkey in the Straw. It doesn't work. The meter of the chorus is completely different where Zip-a-dee-doo-dah is basically a short 9 syllable/line chorus, Zip **** uses a much longer 14 and 13 syllable/line chorus.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
O zip a duden duden duden zip a duden day

Now if you can't see that those two lines are way off then you are clueless, if you want to look at the musical structure of the two songs they are even more glaringly different... but again when a woke warrior wants to see something that doesn't exist no reasoning with them is possible.

orlandogal22

This is what the cesspool known as Twitter thinks of us:

If Shawn hates the 'community" so much, then he should stop vlogging about theme parks under his YT channel, NegroOrlando. Simple as that.

Also, he should get off Twitter and stop spouting rapid-fire platitudes. His feed in the last 24 hours was full of anger and the hate he's supposedly against. His life will be much better for getting off of it. Social media is toxic.

Here's a fun one from last night (WDWmagic auto-edited out his profanity)-

Shawn Rosell
@shawngorlando

To whom it may concern, No. I really dont give a about these cast reunions hosted by Josh Gad. Black people are dying by police, whites are mad at blacks over a log flume ride and you want me to watch Michael J Fox talk about BTTF for the 500th time. No thank you.
10:35 PM · Jun 27, 2020·Twitter for Android

orlandogal22

Here's another one from Shawn from yesterday -

I presume he's referring to Family Guy's character of Cleveland and the voice actor who played him for 20+ years is stepping down for a black man to take over. But how does that relate to the cops? Or did I miss something? His whole twitter feed just sounds so hateful - so anti-white - it comes across as the mirror of the very hate he's trying to combat. :confused:

[URL='https://twitter.com/shawngorlando']Shawn Rosell
@shawngorlando

A white man doing the voice of a black cartoon character was insignificant when black voice actors are out looking for work. It ending this normal racism, its fighting the bigger picture. THEN you hold those cops responsible.
12:03 PM · Jun 27, 2020·[/URL]Twitter for Android

thomas998

Here's another one from Shawn from yesterday -

I presume he's referring to Family Guy's character of Cleveland and the voice actor who played him for 20+ years is stepping down for a black man to take over. But how does that relate to the cops? Or did I miss something? His whole twitter feed just sounds so hateful - so anti-white - it comes across as the mirror of the very hate he's trying to combat. :confused:

[URL='https://twitter.com/shawngorlando']Shawn Rosell
@shawngorlando

A white man doing the voice of a black cartoon character was insignificant when black voice actors are out looking for work. It ending this normal racism, its fighting the bigger picture. THEN you hold those cops responsible.
12:03 PM · Jun 27, 2020·[/URL]Twitter for Android
"I have a dream that little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. "

But we will never get there when we start deciding that it doesn't matter if a voice actor sounds like what the director imagined but rather must first be the right color.

The reality is this isn't going to result in some massive increase in the number of jobs for black voice actors, instead it will lower the opportunities. The reality is the number of black cartoon characters in most any cartoon is limited, but now we are going to say to the black voice actor that could easily do the voice of the white or Hispanic character that, "sorry even though you sound perfectly fine we can't use you because you're the wrong color."

orlandogal22

"I have a dream that little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. "

But we will never get there when we start deciding that it doesn't matter if a voice actor sounds like what the director imagined but rather must first be the right color.

The reality is this isn't going to result in some massive increase in the number of jobs for black voice actors, instead it will lower the opportunities. The reality is the number of black cartoon characters in most any cartoon is limited, but now we are going to say to the black voice actor that could easily do the voice of the white or Hispanic character that, "sorry even though you sound perfectly fine we can't use you because you're the wrong color."

Exactly. Except it won't work that way. Because there will be a double-standard and those folks will get the job regardless (the latter of which is fine, if it's the right voice for the job...but... not if it's the other way around apparently?)

In my opinion, that was always the beauty of voice acting. You associated the dynamics of the unique voice quality - not the actor (or the color of the actor) - with the animated character.

I'm looking forward to the dog that they'll find to voice Brian. I mean, if we're going to be 100% authentic now, might as well go all the way!

aw14

Exactly. Except it won't work that way. Because there will be a double-standard and those folks will get the job regardless (the latter of which is fine, if it's the right voice for the job...but... not if it's the other way around apparently?)

In my opinion, that was always the beauty of voice acting. You associated the dynamics of the unique voice quality - not the actor (or the color of the actor) - with the animated character.

I'm looking forward to the dog that they'll find to voice Brian. I mean, if we're going to be 100% authentic now, might as well go all the way!
good thing the Cleveland Show went off the air. That bear would have been tough to cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom