Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

PhotoDave219

Did the water cannons hit the log going up the second lift? I am going in June and was wondering if the "full" water effects have been turned back on. I have been there every summer since 07 and around 2010 they turned down the water cannons and they did not hit the logs nor reach out to the on the bridge. Just asking. THANKS

Yes. The water cannon of facts are back to their original state.

Or rather the state of the ride in 2005 from when I last remember them working.

Polyman

Well, didn't even last 24 hours. Everything was working this morning, as stated in posts above. However, major breakdown early afternoon closed the attraction for a couple hours. After it reopened, none of the effects were working in the Laughing Place, riverboat was not rocking back and forth. It was a mess, much like before the refurb. 3 months wasted.

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
Everything looks amazing, glad to see the raining lift hill was fixed. It was nice to see the vibrant colors throughout. I dont think I have ever seen some of the AA's have so much range of motion. I also feel like I heard audio that I have never heard before. Keep it up TDO and to reiterate what Martin said, lets give Space Mountain a proper overhaul.

Sped2424

Did the water cannons hit the log going up the second lift? I am going in June and was wondering if the "full" water effects have been turned back on. I have been there every summer since 07 and around 2010 they turned down the water cannons and they did not hit the logs nor reach out to the people on the bridge. Just asking. THANKS
Yeah the cannons are in effect I think someone has a video of it prepared to get WET

Sped2424

Everything looks amazing, glad to see the raining lift hill was fixed. It was nice to see the vibrant colors throughout. I dont think I have ever seen some of the AA's have so much range of motion. I also feel like I heard audio that I have never heard before. Keep it up TDO and to reiterate what Martin said, lets give Space Mountain a proper overhaul.
OH that space mountain overhaul would take longer than just 3 months I feel but It would be worth it I really wish we got the Halloween version that disneyland gets

Sped2424

During the river boat scene I dont remember the music box like sound going along with zip a dee do da Is that something that was added after the refurb or was it there and just turned off?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well, didn't even last 24 hours. Everything was working this morning, as stated in posts above. However, major breakdown early afternoon closed the attraction for a couple hours. After it reopened, none of the effects were working in the Laughing Place, riverboat was not rocking back and forth. It was a mess, much like before the refurb. 3 months wasted.
What time did you go? Did you go back later to see if it was working again?

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
OH that space mountain overhaul would take longer than just 3 months I feel but It would be worth it I really wish we got the Halloween version that disneyland gets
They can take all the time they need on space. When I rode it in November it was the first time I actually ever fealt that a ride I was on could fall apart at any moment. It needs what it was supposed to get back in 2009.

ParentsOf4

Let's hope they can get it back on track over the next couple of days.

Sped2424

They can take all the time they need on space. When I rode it in November it was the first time I actually ever fealt that a ride I was on could fall apart at any moment. It needs what it was supposed to get back in 2009.
Very true Its so jerky its the only coaster I ever got off of and wonder if im still intact, I heard the one at disneyland is much smoother but then again they completely redid the entire attraction and that doesn't look like its in the cards for us.

djlaosc

For me, Space Mountain was one of my favourite rides in MK back in 2007 (pre-refurb), but in 2011 (post-refurb), it was really rough, and went from being one of my favourite rides at MK to one that I wouldn't necessarily rush to get back to...

I know that logically, it should have been rougher in 2007 than in 2011 (although who knows after that refurb), but, to me, it felt that way...

DizFiz

Lets hope that that is the case... I would figure that it would have its issue for the first few days of re-operation... god no please don't let it go down in the dumps again.

I rode twice this evening, around 6 PM. Both times there were no fountains in the Laughing Place, 2 animatronics down on the riverboat (I didn't notice if it was rocking or not), missing sound in the last scene. Aside from those things, it looks really great....the best from what I can remember honestly. I do hope they quickly see the issues and fix them right away. I will try to get another couple rides in, we are here for a while still.

Scuttle

So i think we all agree that this is a job well done... but the question that remains is are we going to see refurbs like this more often? is this going to be a one hit wonder ordeal or are we going to see more like this in the coming years?
Right, I will applaud TDO/Magic Kingdom park ops when lesser attractions like small world, CoP, Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise get refurbs like this one and MAINTAIN the show quality.

Tom Morrow

Right, I will applaud TDO/Magic Kingdom park ops when lesser attractions like small world, CoP, Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise get refurbs like this one and MAINTAIN the show quality.
Yep, maintain is the key word here. I already said it, but just for emphasis: Splash Mountain should never have not looked like this. Fresh, bright paint and new lighting is definitely a plus, but the animatronics and effects should have always been working to their full potential.

If Disneyland can do it, then they can do it here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom