Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

articos

Well, didn't even last 24 hours. Everything was working this morning, as stated in posts above. However, major breakdown early afternoon closed the attraction for a couple hours. After it reopened, none of the effects were working in the Laughing Place, riverboat was not rocking back and forth. It was a mess, much like before the refurb. 3 months wasted.
Excuse my snark, but really? "3 months wasted" seems a bit of an overreaction. It was down for a bit, but back up in the evening in working order. It's normal to have glitches when coming back from refurb.

Let's hope they can get it back on track over the next couple of days.
It already is. It will be working while the WDI team is still on-site. Afterwards is when we need to watch and wait.

Goofnut1980

I think it looks brilliant! I wonder if they will take the ride down again in January for its usual refurb... Hopefully yes, so it stays at its current state.

ebof1023

Right, I will applaud TDO/Magic Kingdom park ops when lesser attractions like small world, CoP, Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise get refurbs like this one and MAINTAIN the show quality.
so what should be the time frame for maintaining spalsh? wether it be considered ovall good, just an other ordinary refurb, or as some people feel a wast of 3 months.

articos

so what should be the time frame for maintaining spalsh? wether it be considered ovall good, just an other ordinary refurb, or as some people feel a wast of 3 months.
It should continue to operate like it looks now. If a show element goes down, it should be fixed in a week-10 days max, but hopefully overnight. If show elements start to disappear, or stop working and are not fixed for extended periods, then we'll be going back to the same old, same old, and that's what we don't want. Splash should also go down once a year for a multi-week refurb, to change out elements that need wear and tear work or replacements.

HMF

Refurb/WDI teams are separate budget from day to day operations. There's budget to have people on site to fix for a bit after reopening as a matter of course, and to assist/train the techs on any new equipment or parts. Once the scheduled time is over, then it's back to the regular maint. techs to fix things on their normal schedules. Technically, as soon as the ride is turned back over to Ops, it falls back to R&S Maint to perform repairs, but with the WDI/Refurb team still on site, things will be addressed. It's a few weeks in when the refurb is officially and completely over and it's totally in the hands of the park that we will see how they intend to take care of the ride. That's when you should be afraid...very afraid...but hopefully not.
This is why they should have a major WDI Contingent in Florida full-time so they can always be overseeing things.

Tadifer

Rode it this evening around 930 or so...I have to say, it was GORGEOUS. I don't remember it looking that great in YEARS. Like has been said, the colors are bright, I heard audio I don't recall hearing before, and the animatronics were all working but the blue jay at the end. At least he was just in stationary mode, and not jerking around. The rest was SO GOOD. It was my mom's favorite ride, and to see it in such great condition again almost caused a full-blown, grown man, ugly cry.

WDW1974

I just wanted to say first - that your just so Moé Spirit, just wanted to ask you if the same is true regarding HKDL as is TDLR and respect from it's consumers?

Not nearly as much, but still far superior to USA and Europe. HKDL is pretty close to pristine. I've noticed only one 'issue' worth even noting and that was some plaster in a wall in the Space Mountain queue had been pushed in (not sure whether on purpose or not or whether it has been fixed -- likely it has).

openendedsky

Yeah they do lol splash is a poncho ride again.
Rode it twice tonight. Got lightly sprinkled in the back, pretty soaked in the front, but I was wearing a poncho so it didn't really matter.

I have to say, though, it looks even better in person than on video. My only comment would be, like most people have said, the blue jay not working, and also, in the finale scene, the farthest left female chickens wasn't dancing but just blinking her eyes both times I rode, while the other two were fully functional.

Two quick things.

First, only one animaTronic not working correctly. That was one of the dancing chickens on the riverboat scene.

Second, the giant sail cloths that were over load and unload are gone.
Glad I'm not the only one who seemed to notice the chicken.

Also, not sure if anybody else had this problem, but the ride stopped a LOT for me during my first ride through. Got stuck on the second lift hill for a few minutes, then instead of being able to hear the characters speak, it was a protocol announcement to stand clear of AAs. And then we got stuck again right before the laughing place. Ultimately wasn't a big deal because when we rode again everything was fine, just wanted to mention that.

A question of mine: how do they keep the water from causing the AA's to get completely disgusting? I hadn't ridden splash since 08, though, but an example would be with the AA at 3:10 ish on Steve's video with the chicken. The second time I rode it, the water splashed up pretty high. It didn't seem to hit any mechanics but it definitely got the "fur" wet. I was just wondering if anybody knew how they dealt with that.

And I just watched the finale, and it looks like the chicken that wasn't working when I rode it was definitely working this morning, which is a bummer.

Besides the load area tarps being gone, where there any changes to the queue such as interactive elements added or Fastpass+ added?
Nope!
I was able to ride it a couple of mins ago laughing place and all the birds in the finale were working except for mr blue. The refurb is a job well done in my opinion some AA's were moving that I had forgotten were even on the ride.
Like the possums!

WDW1974

They used to keep parts available 24/7 for all AAs. They could be fixed immediately on failure, so it really was as simple as seeing a broken AA, dispatching maintenance, and they would dip into the AA part list and fix it.

Yep. And that was part of why things always ran so well and looked so good. One would hope that George K can look into a more comprehensive maintainance program, especially preventative.

WDW1974

Wait for more reports in to find out if it was a momentary lock-up and reset, or if it needs more attention tonight. Rest assured, if things break over the next few days, they will be addressed at night. The team is still on-site to make fixes as needed. Don't panic. Yet.

Things are going to stop working over the next few weeks for various reasons. All normal when you reopen. As long as they're addressed, that's all we need to worry about.

Absolutely, but let's not forget how NEW attractions like EE and LM open WITH issues and they are never fixed. WDW is up against its own rep for allowing things to not work and never fix them. They brought it on themselves (sorta like a fanboi who goes home with an Imagineer and wakes up the next day wondering what the heck happened over the last 16 hours!)

WDW1974

Right, I will applaud TDO/Magic Kingdom park ops when lesser attractions like small world, CoP, Tiki Room and Jungle Cruise get refurbs like this one and MAINTAIN the show quality.

I still won't.

That is what they are supposed to do.

That is what they used to do.

That is what we pay for them to do.

No, they get no credit and applause from me if they fix things. Just a satisfied smile on my face and less online (and off) . That's it!

Sped2424

I have a question will the grass be able to grow again on the mountain to the way it used to be or is that never happening again like in this video
?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom