Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

MerlinTheGoat

Br'er bear looks great! but I remember him even moving faster at one point.
here's a video to show what I'm talking about.
@4:54

He's faster there yes, but at least he has his full range of motion again now. I don't mind too much what speed he moves at as long as he's moving with the range he should be. The problem has been that he barely moved at all (his neck not at all). Not an issue anymore, even if he's not quite as fast as he used to be.

Fantasmic

Good to hear it has already been corrected and they're still working on things and doing testing, thanks for the info! We'll see how it holds up over the months after those work crews are gone.

Yep, and the Brer Bear figure with the hive on his nose is working too! Everything looks fantastic!
Yeah, and that, and the Br'er Fox pushing Br'er Bear into the laughing place, and mr porcupine, and the gator eating Br'er Fox at the end... OMG I just love it.

In 2011, I was wondering why I loved Splash so much... now I remember.... <3

MerlinTheGoat

Yeah the sound definitely seems much better overall. Voices in particular (i'd imagine music is as well, but i really noticed the voices sounding great). There were several places where the speakers actually sounded like they had water damage prior to refurb. Right before you go over the first drop (Slippin Falls) where you hear Brer Bear snoring was one, and right before the second drop as well (where Brer Bear says something like "nothing but bees in here" and Brer Rabbit laughs). Prior to the refurb both of those sound clips in particular sounded atrocious, full of static noise as if coming from a badly tuned radio and you could barely make out what the noise was at all. This is no longer a problem, everything seems to sound great!

Figments Friend

Don't get me started on how terrible Peter Pan looks. I mean come on, it still has the original wooden dolls from the 70's with about 10,000 coats of pain on them. With all the other updated attractions around MK and the new FLE, Peter Pan should get a huge upgrade/makeover soon to bring it into the 21st century.

Don*t forget about the tin foil lining inside the volcano...

I will admit, i always smile when i look down and see that.
:D

Figments Friend

It looks great. I'm sort of sorry that the next time I visit a Disney park will be Disneyland and the inferior Splash Mountain. Can't wait to go back; I missed riding this in January. :)
-
I feel the same way now, seeing how nice WDWs looks after the refurb.
Disneyland is my destination in September, when i am usually prowling The World.
No worries though, as there is a LOT for us to enjoy in Cali....have fun !

StarWarsGirl

-
I feel the same way now, seeing how nice WDWs looks after the refurb.
Disneyland is my destination in September, when i am usually prowling The World.
No worries though, as there is a LOT for us to enjoy in Cali....have fun !
Yup. Difference is six weeks after Disneyland I'll be back at WDW. ;) So I guess I won't miss it for too long. Especially with that massively better Pirates...you have fun too.

DisneySwami

I was able to ride it a couple of mins ago laughing place and all the birds in the finale were working except for mr blue. The refurb is a job well done in my opinion some AA's were moving that I had forgotten were even on the ride.
Did the water cannons hit the log going up the second lift? I am going in June and was wondering if the "full" water effects have been turned back on. I have been there every summer since 07 and around 2010 they turned down the water cannons and they did not hit the logs nor reach out to the people on the bridge. Just asking. THANKS

StarWarsGirl

Did the water cannons hit the log going up the second lift? I am going in June and was wondering if the "full" water effects have been turned back on. I have been there every summer since 07 and around 2010 they turned down the water cannons and they did not hit the logs nor reach out to the people on the bridge. Just asking. THANKS
That was much to the joy of some of us who ride in the back row by request specifically so we don't get wet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom