Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
A big problem is that the WDW Maintenance dept that continually works on and maintains it doesn't get involved with the refurbs, it is planned and funded by a different budget and the only input is from management who is worried about saving money. The CM's who actually work there and know what the problems really are and what needs to be corrected are just disregarded and ignored. They are handled by outside contractors and sub contractors who have never worked on attractions before and a lot of them do a crummy job and don't care about it, because soon as they are done, they are gone to another job. And you when bring up problems to management they just shrug their shoulders.

Unbelievable.

This is indefensible behavior, and yet, it will be defended. WDW is crumbling, and the majority of guests don't care as long as they get their picture taken with Cinderella. Therefore management doesn't care. Things are looking really bad down in the swamp right now.

Pixiedustmaker

It's to prevent the people around (Guests, Cast and workers) to be eyes injured by the ''flash'' produced by the electric arc of the welding. Why they dont use a opaque tarp? IDK, maybe the yellow one is more fire resistant, because it's desinged for welding works.

They do have opaque wielding curtains, but letting in some light helps the workers see what they are doing, and like the protective construction glasses with a yellow tint, it is thought in the trade that yellow light helps with precision work.

2908818-yellow-safety-glasses-isolated-on-the-white-background.jpg

ExtinctJenn

I'm feeling really positive about this refurb. It seems there is a lot of work going on that is beyond just "making it pretty" and actually making things more structurally sound etc. Kind of wishing I had a chance to experience on this upcoming trip but alas it'll have to wait until 2014!

StarWarsGirl

Fortunately, Splash's next refurb will be almost three months, from early January to late March. I know it isn't as long as BTMRR's recent refurb, but maybe they will be able to make a lot of improvements.

I think that TDO's decision to keep running Splash in such poor condition, literally limping to the beginning of refurb in a couple months, sort of illustrates just how badly MK needs more capacity in terms of E-Tickets. If MK had another E-Ticket on the level of Splash, they could alternate refurbs during low attendance times, instead of the need to try to keep one going with just a month refurb each year.
Keep in mind that we do have a new roller coaster coming. When they get it up, they should be able to get Splash down for some R&R.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom