Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

Bairstow

Please don't try to defend them like that.

It's the truth though.
Carsland and Pandoraland together pose nearly a billion dollars' worth of investment. Delaying either one to re-build an old Magic Kingdom ride, a move that would not bring any additional retail or ticket sales like the other projects will, is out of the question.
Let's hope that the decaying rockwork isn't as bad as the Tree of Life- otherwise it will be bad news for 'Brer Rabbit and company for a couple years.

SirLink

It's the truth though.
Carsland and Pandoraland together pose nearly a billion dollars' worth of investment. Delaying either one to re-build an old Magic Kingdom ride, a move that would not bring any additional retail or ticket sales like the other projects will, is out of the question.
Let's hope that the decaying rockwork isn't as bad as the Tree of Life- otherwise it will be bad news for 'Brer Rabbit and company for a couple years.

Well it would save them money - especially when a piece of concrete conks a patron on the head, and the lawsuits come a-rolling in.

But like Martin said they should be able to do both. Otherwise sell the parks and license them to the OLC and end this twisted game of tag.

Spike-in-Berlin

The place is beginning to look like a flea market. I seriously am reconsidering not going back for a very long time. This is just scary, what else is going on with other attractions that we just dont know about? Or that we cant see with the visible eye?

We decided to not go back before at least the opening of SDMT, the next at least two years it will be Disneyland.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's the truth though.
Carsland and Pandoraland together pose nearly a billion dollars' worth of investment.
And how much does this company make on ticket sales alone per day? Let alone inpark sales? Each day?

Indeed, a billion isn't to be sniffed at. But if both phases of Potter can come in at just over half that, WDI seriously needs to look at how much it charges the parks. Because if that is the case then it's the biggest scandal since E.P.C.O.T. became Epcot.

Slowjack

But seriously what if the interior structure is falling apart and the cost to fix it is ridiculously expensive? I seriously wouldn't rule it out. Is it HIGHLY unlikely? Yes, but we have seen this before with 20,000 and from what I have been reading and hearing it's eerily similar.
20K, it seems, was deliberately allowed to deteriorate by local management so higher management would want to remove it, thus freeing up maintenance budget. They've managed to keep the subs running in Anaheim, haven't they? Disney has all the resources necessary to do things the right way--if they choose the cheap way, it's just that, a choice.

Spike-in-Berlin

My god, you don't think that's why TDO is neglecting it, do you? Because it's due for demolition anyway? :O

At least we know since the scrapping of 20.000.LutS that E-ticket attractions are not untouchable or sacred for TDO. I admit, it was pretty outdated and lame but when MK was designed it was considered THE E-ticket attraction there. But I don't think they really think about closing Splash permanently, in opposite to 20.000LutS it is one of the super headliner attractions, highly popular and very good designed.

SirLink

And how much does this company make on ticket sales alone per day? Let alone inpark sales? Each day?

Indeed, a billion isn't to be sniffed at. But if both phases of Potter can come in at just over half that, WDI seriously needs to look at how much it charges the parks. Because if that is the case then it's the biggest scandal since E.P.C.O.T. became Epcot.

Its Danny 'I only got this job because of my Father' Cockerell taking over from Mr 'Acidic' pH right?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Its Danny 'I only got this job because of my Father' Cockewell taking over from Mr 'Acidic' pH right?
Spelling. Ought be a bit off (and perhaps the middle name!) but that's about it.

More on the OP (slightly) - has anyone ridden Aerials Undersea Adventures today? And would know if things weren't quite right?

Spike-in-Berlin

Ahem and don't lets forget how much do they make on their increasingly insane resort prices, on merchandise and food every day too.

SirLink

Spelling. Ought be a bit off (and perhaps the middle name!) but that's about it.

More on the OP (slightly) - has anyone ridden Aerials Undersea Adventures today? And would know if things weren't quite right?

Clarification? I thought Dan only got the job because of his father - is this not true? Huh always seemed full of himself.

The Duck

Does anyone have any idea about how large this chunk of concrete was and exactly where in the queue it fell? Splash was my favorite WDW attraction and I hate to think that the problems have gotten this bad.

Bad Show is one thing. To put guests in danger is another.

mets7

I was in the MK from 10/28-11/3 and splash was down or unavailable about 90 percent of that time. One of the days there was actually a guy in the water working on the ride. When you come around the front of the drop and hit the next lift hill. He was in the water in a wetsuit doing something and there was no water coming down the big drop. I saw the tarps over the loading area and didn't really even think anything about them. When I did actually get to ride it it seemed the volume of all of the music was really low or maybe I am just going deaf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom