Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

SirLink

Well, let's start with the vomit and work our way back. While I find that disgusting (but not as disgusting as the time someone partially puked on me in the Morocco restrooms), it's better in the flowers than on the pavement or in a ride vehicle etc.

As to TDL, sure the Japanese have a respect for property that pigs from the USA, Europe and South America haven't managed to figure out. Hell, they don't even step on the seats when getting into boat rides and look at ugly Spirited Americans when they do so (really!!! little 86-year-old women attempt to get on Small World by stepping from platform to floor of boat so as to not have to sit where people's shoes were. ... A bit different than seeing American swine with their feet on brand new furniture at the WL just before X-mas).

BUT ... BUT ... BUTT ... before we let management off the hook, people have always been pigs. Does anyone here recall the USA in the 70s when people would throw bags of trash out the windows of moving cars? Does anyone recall Iron Eyes Cody crying at the dump? People were actually worse then. Thing is, Disney knews this and had standards where as soon as something was wrong, they made it right. It's no lie that when you dropped popcorn, before it all hit the ground someone was there to sweep it up. Anyone recall actually seeing a custodial CM sweeping in a queue at WDW this century?

As soon as you let one person be a pig, it encourages others and when you don't clean up the mess from them and it lasts for days into weeks into months, you wind up with things like the old 'gum ramp' at TT.

I LOVE TDR. I LOVE the Japanese people and culture (except for the over the top cuteness to make up for their WWII bloodlust -- yes, that is what it is ... Pearl Harbor one day, Duffy another!) But ultimately TDO understands human nature in Florida in the 21st century. They need to deal with it.

Sorry, but it just is part of the cost of doing business. If the parks looked great when my AP cost $200 a year, then it damn well should look at least that good at $400 a year.

I just wanted to say first - that your just so Moé Spirit, just wanted to ask you if the same is true regarding HKDL as is TDLR and respect from it's consumers?

ExtinctJenn

34819306.jpg

WeekendGM

Due to a thunderstorm this morning the opening has been delayed.

But from the looks of it they are working on the sensors down at the small drop before the finale.

Edit: 9:35am, Splash Mt is down due to technical difficulties

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom