Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

ExtinctJenn

So uhm... back on topic (and off the topic of the poor girl who died because she made a mistake trying to help another human being and judging if she was wrong for doing it)...

Anyone have any shots inside yet? I'd absolutely love to see some of the work they are doing in there. I know I'm asking for a lot but if anyplace is gonna have it, WDWMagic is... am I right? :D

MerlinTheGoat

I seriously doubt we'll get any shots of the inside unless a cast member or construction worker provided it, and they'd probably get in a fair bit of trouble for doing something like that.

ExtinctJenn

I seriously doubt we'll get any shots of the inside unless a cast member or construction worker provided it, and they'd probably get in a fair bit of trouble for doing something like that.
Pashaw! (I have no idea if I spelled that right) Trouble schruble! :D In all seriousness, I have seen quite a few internal refurb shots show up for things in the past. That's the only reason I asked. :)

HTF

I snagged a few from this evening,

IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9535.jpg

IMG_9534.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

The Duck

While at the MK last Monday, a member of the refurb team told me that he was especially excited about this project because he was involved in the original construction of Splash Mountain. He also told me that he had ridden SM last Fall and he was appalled by the overall condition and that it was the worst that he had ever seen in all of WDW. The good news is that he said the refurb will make SM look like new so keep your fingers crossed!

MerlinTheGoat

While at the MK last Monday, a member of the refurb team told me that he was especially excited about this project because he was involved in the original construction of Splash Mountain. He also told me that he had ridden SM last Fall and he was appalled by the overall condition and that it was the worst that he had ever seen in all of WDW. The good news is that he said the refurb will make SM look like new so keep your fingers crossed!
Good news if so. That will fix the first half of the problem. The second part of course preventing the ride from getting in such a state again. It'll be disappointing if it only remains in decent condition for a couple of months and everything starts breaking again soon after. This has happened to several other attractions recently. Someone posted in another section here that despite only having just reopened in December, Test Track 2.0 already has numerous broken show elements. I have also of course mentioned Big Thunder a couple of times. Martin told me a while back that several show elements on Big Thunder broke soon after the ride reopened from a major and long refurb (apart from several show elements that weren't even fixed during the refurb).

With George K now taking over, I only hope that his regime will have more of an emphasis on preventative maintenance. It'll be wonderful seeing Splash in "like new" condition again if that's really what we're in for, and i'm very happy that this is a realistic possibility. I simply hope than 6-12 months from now the ride continue to look as good, and after that. And if it needs an annual refurb, take it down and get things good and done during that time.

ExtinctJenn

Anyone know with any sort of certainty when Splash is re-opening from all this? It seems way more extensive than I thought when I first saw the dates and I'm too lazy (LOL) to look and see if they've changed. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom