Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

ebof1023

As I agree completely with the both of you I think those are the exact reason why things will change since the prior refurb resulted in nothing escentially it seems time some thing actually happens

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
What is the best predictor of future behavior?

Well if you're talking finance past results don't indicate future results. Sorry I had to... It's my background. In this scenario though the case is certainly you are what you are until proven otherwise (TDO is a little lax on projects).

MerlinTheGoat

As I agree completely with the both of you I think those are the exact reason why things will change since the prior refurb resulted in nothing escentially it seems time some thing actually happens
And again i'll raise my glass to that and hope you're absolutely correct. I'm not going to get my hopes too far up. But i'll give them a sort of benefit of the doubt until my previous worries are proven either founded or unfounded. They wasted no time getting scaffolding up at the very least, and there's really no telling what's going on inside.

I'm patient. 2.5 months and we'll see exactly what the success of this refurb is.

MerlinTheGoat

I literally just got a message that if the budget isn't cut the AAs are all being refurbished properly.
I'm sorry if this sounds creepy, but I love you!:D

Seriously though, thanks for posting some potentially great news. Lets hope it stays good news and the budget isn't cut. How likely is it that the budget will avoid being cut?

lazyboy97o

I literally just got a message that if the budget isn't cut the AAs are all being refurbished properly.
Which is all well and good until they're in the hands of locals.

The AA figures are all the same, they all just basic A2, A4, A5 figures. They are all capable of the same motions and movements. It all depends on the programming, they can programmed to be real smooth and fast or slow or anything in between.

TDL and DLR both have dedicated AA departments, where all they work on is just AA figures and the systems. WDW has anybody working on them, with a lot of them not know what they are doing. At MK, they used to have dedicated team that took care of AA problems on 3rd shift but they got rid of them.

Another thing, the programming can be easily changed. Local maintenance workers can change if they think it going too fast or if it tearing the skin or costume. It easier to change it instead of fixing the real problem. Or if they put in the wrong part or just adjusted it wrong. Sometimes if you just make a 1/16 turn wrong on a jam nut on a LVDT, it could cause a figure to bind or not move properly or cause other problems further down the line.

MerlinTheGoat

Have you heard anything about the tarps in the loading area?

In fact, do you or anyone else know the extent of some of the things that will be covered in this refurb? Are we looking at a possibility that the refurb will make the ride overall look and sound comparably close to what it was when it was new?

I hope what you guys are saying ends up turning out correct. I'm actually rather elated that my previous comments have the chance of being wrong (it's that good kind of wrong).

Magenta Panther

Oh, that is AWESOME news! They've all looked so dated and kinda cheezy...and frankly I think they don't look all that much like the animated characters they're supposed to represent. I realize they won't get a redesign or probably even a rebuild, but a good refurbishment will help immensely.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I hope George has to do with that Martin. I feel good times are on the way.

I have a feeling George is here for a short stint with two objectives.

1) oversee the implementation of NextGen & make it work
2) improve existing rides

I don't see him spearheading major new attractions, but I hope I am wrong. I think we will get either Carsland, Star Wars or Avatarland but that was already announced... the other two options would likely be in lieu of that investment. Like I said I hope I am wrong but it is just my gut feeling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom