Spirited WDW Observations, News and Provocative Comments

PhotoDave219

Who would you like to see?

I'd like to see someone with front line experience, someone who has worked in the parks rather then someone with a pure financial/HR background.

I want someone who has created magic rather than passed the buck their entire career.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
DLP and how well they are doing at the moment. I haven't been there since 2007, perhaps I need to go back there soon!
2007.... the studios was a building site, right? The work done there when seen today is phenonomal. The park isn`t perfect by a long shot but the placemaking, Tower area and Crush were a huge step in the right direction.

Plus you have the most lavish MK to date right next door :D

tirian

I'd like to see someone with front line experience, someone who has worked in the parks rather then someone with a pure financial/HR background.

I want someone who has created magic rather than passed the buck their entire career.

Like Phil Holmes?

:lookaroun

WDW1974

Original Poster
Who would you like to see?

You asked a very fair question.

But for my own reasons, I am going to simply state there are many qualified people both inside Disney and outside who I'd like to see given a chance.

Sorry, Drew, but that's all I feel comfortable saying since I know some of the individuals. :xmas:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I know what you mean - to a certain extent this describes my relationship with DLP, I loved it at first, but then starting in the late 90s when they were having those huge financial troubles, it lost a lot of magic for me. I found it interesting that WDW1974 keeps praising DLP and how well they are doing at the moment. I haven't been there since 2007, perhaps I need to go back there soon! :veryconfu

First, I see you are from Germany. A close friend of mine is over there for a New Year's vacation now ... not that it has anything to do with this thread but ...

I am praising DLP because I've found that, except for merchandise and killing Lion King and Tarzan stage shows for the much weaker Mickey's Magical Party, the place is improving across the board.

And that if offers a much better template to begin with (at least comparing DLP to MK, that's laughable).

I will say, to be fair, that I never visited in the 1990s and realize much was lost/dumbed down since. But I'm wowed everytime I am there. I can't say that about MK.

I'm thrilled to be an APer at DLP again, after a few year lapse, and look forward to getting back there in 2010. :xmas:

WDW1974

Original Poster
2007.... the studios was a building site, right? The work done there when seen today is phenonomal. The park isn`t perfect by a long shot but the placemaking, Tower area and Crush were a huge step in the right direction.

It's still BY FAR the ugliest, most souless Disney park ever created. Some great attractions, but so cold and empty in feeling (makes places like DCA and TPKaTD-MGMS seem like masterpieces of Imagineering).

The placemaking has certainly improved it. And provided Ratatouille gets done right, that will draw pople there too. But ... your next point is why DSP will always be a very, very, very distant second in getting folks in.
Or getting them to stay for more than 4-5 hours.

Plus you have the most lavish MK to date right next door :D

_Scar

It's still BY FAR the ugliest, most souless Disney park ever created. Some great attractions, but so cold and empty in feeling (makes places like DCA and TPKaTD-MGMS seem like masterpieces of Imagineering).

DHS isn't a masterpiece on Imagineering? ToT, Hollywood Blvd, Star Tours, Muppet area?

_Scar

Yes it does. It's the park you know could be improved so much, but it's almost one of the best spots in WDW. Just the atmosphere alone.

they are talking about the studios in paris.

No-

Theme Park Formerly Known as The Disney-MGM Studios

He forgot the F, but it's still DHS.

beyondyou

Originally Posted by marni1971

that is what 74 was responding to. DHS does not have crush. they are talking about the paris studios. if i am wrong i will admit it fully later lol. but im almost positive they are talking about paris studios and saying that DCA and DHS look like imagineering masterpieces compared to it

not trying to argue at all, just sayin haha

PhotoDave219

Like Phil Holmes?

:lookaroun

When Photopass took over the MK a few years back, they wanted to wear their global costumes on MSUSA.

Phil Holmes took that to task and kept the theming.

Phil Holmes isn't your problem. He doesnt create or control the budget. I'm aiming at bigger fish. He's the devil i know and i don't have a problem with him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom